Page 592 of 592 FirstFirst ... 92492542582590591592
Results 11,821 to 11,832 of 11832

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Tonight is meatloaf with mashed taters and gravy and corn.

Mac picked up the generator this morning and got 10 gallons of gas for it. Most gas stations around us have gas but on I-65 there was some rationing.

I looks like we won't be affected by Irma, but my sister lives just west of Lauderdale in a gated community and they are going to ride it out. They have shutters and a generator and their house is brick so they expect to be ok. There are two more hurricanes out there. What fun.

Quote Originally Posted by caligal View Post
    Tonight is meatloaf with mashed taters and gravy and corn.

Mac picked up the generator this morning and got 10 gallons of gas for it. Most gas stations around us have gas but on I-65 there was some rationing.

I looks like we won't be affected by Irma, but my sister lives just west of Lauderdale in a gated community and they are going to ride it out. They have shutters and a generator and their house is brick so they expect to be ok. There are two more hurricanes out there. What fun.
    Caligal, you be safe out there! Praying for you all!

Tonight's dinner is a super fancy take n bake pizza.

Mac wants frozen dinners tonight because we are doing laundry and house cleaning today. That works for me, no prep or clean up.

We are going to have beef broccoli over rice or ramen noodles and cake for dessert.

It is actually a cool day here in Pensacola Fla. Very windy with rain squalls from Irma.

I think tonight will be bacon and scrambled eggs and toast maybe. We will see.

We are having baked ham with baked sweet potatoes and fresh cauliflower and broccoli.

Spiral sliced ham, mashed taters, and corn
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Mac is going to have stewed chicken hearts and gizzards and I am going to have baked ziti.

Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin Roast. I rubbed the 5 Lb pork loin yesterday and then wrapped it with 2 Lbs of uncured bacon. It spent the night in the refrigerator. After Sunday Meetings I put it into 375 degree oven for just under an hour until it was done. The bacon is supposed to keep the pork loin moist. It's relatively easy to ruin a pork loin by drying it out while roasting. A savory gravy was made from the pork drippings.

While the pork baked, I fried up a skillet of sliced potaoes with onions and Anaheim peppers. I tossed a mess of green beans in another skillet and carmalized chopped onions, celery and Poblano peppers on the griddle to present with the pork loin. Dinner was served with fresh rolls, butter and standard condements.

Twelve stayed after meetings to help us eat it. It was good time of fellowship over a few victuals.

Marvin

Marvin, your Sunday supper sounds delicious. I tend to overcook pork...I'm always afraid of undercooking it and getting everyone sick!

My husband is elk hunting all week so I've been making a lot of easy dinners. Tonight we had loaded baked potatoes, cut up pineapple, and celery with peanut butter.

Koalie,

The bacon wrap was a bit of insurance. When the bacon starts to fry in situ it signals the pork loin is nearly done. Then it's a matter of checking the internal temperaue until 160 degrees is attained. 160 degrees with a 10 minute rest should do for a nice pork roast presentation.

Since saints gather at our house for Sunday Meetings we have dinner afterward and I often have opportunity to cook for them. Some are diabetic, so low carb menus are planned.

Normally I only cook one weekday supper per week. Today I have some aromatics that need to be used including Polanos, Onions & Celery. I also have Smoked Sausage, Chicken, Potatoes and other stuff. So I think a hearty pseudo-Gumbo soup is likely tonight.

Marin.

I'm making pot roast for tonight with an Edwards chocolate pie afterwards.