Page 596 of 596 FirstFirst ... 96496546586594595596
Results 11,901 to 11,919 of 11919

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Boneless pork loin with au gratin potatoes.
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Tonight we are doing scrambled eggs loaded with veggies and bacon and toast on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by caligal View Post
    Tonight we are doing scrambled eggs loaded with veggies and bacon and toast on the side.
    Sounds like a Fritatta, or an "Omlette on Steroids" as I call them. We really like Fritattas and I fix them often for breakfast. They are a great way to use leftover vegies.

Last night I fried some packaged, seasoned Chicken patties with coarsley diced and carmelized Onions and Bell Peppers. Served them up on griddle toasted buns with melted pepper jack cheese. Sides were standard for Burger meals. The family liked the concotion.

Tonite's probably going to be Pizza, but it's not my night to cook it.

Marvin

Last night sis came over and we grilled steaks and had baked potatoes and salad to go with them.

Tonight I think I will feed Mac oyster stew and I will have ...........something.

Something greasy and fatty and a kale shake.
    Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
    Coming again coming again maybe morning maybe noon maybe evening and maybe soon!
    Coming again coming again O what a wonderful day it will be! Jesus is coming again!

Quote Originally Posted by dleader View Post
    Something greasy and fatty and a kale shake.
    Lol! Nice! I have a kale smoothie every morning...makes me not feel so bad when I indulge throughout the day. (Mostly on cheese.)

Pork loin, baked red potatoes, and a chopped salad.

Koalie,

That sounds simply delightful. Pork loin is great and one of my favorite cuts. Red potatoes are high on my list, especially for mashed taters.

We had cheeseburgers (80/20 ground chuck) cheddar and pepper jack, homemade guacamole, onion, pickles, etc. Sides included homade potato salad (boiled russets).

Tomorrow I'm to make another mess of Jambalaya. I really like one-pot meals, but rarely is it only one that gets used.

Marvin

Yesterday we went down to the county courthouse to witness my sisters wedding, and then we went to the Fish House for a celebratory dinner. It was all very nice and my sis and her new BAC husband are very happy. We like him very much and are so happy for her.

Today I have a mid afternoon appt with my blood Dr and we need to go to Walmart after so it will probably be pot pies tonight.

My dish I figured out from Olive Garden many years ago............they took it off the menu, of course. it's chicken, artichoke hearts, kalmata olives, and capers, with pasta and a jarred alfredo sauce. Soooo yummy...... real comfort food.

Kathy, I made an olive garden dish too...Zuppa Toscano. I don't want to brag but I think mine 'may' be better than the restaurants!

Quote Originally Posted by Koalie View Post
    Kathy, I made an olive garden dish too...Zuppa Toscano. I don't want to brag but I think mine 'may' be better than the restaurants!
    Koalie, we can compare our Zuppa Toscana in Heaven. Way back I tried to duplicate the Olive Garden soup and ended up with something much better.

Today I tried something new, and I must say, I'm well pleased. I slow cooked scalloped potatoes with Gruyere cheese in a crockpot for about 5 hours. Served with the potatoes was spicy Popeye's chicken, and corn. Popeye's has a military appreciation day once a year and today was that day. 8 piece mixed for $5.99. The lady in front of me ordered 7 chickens. I just got two...

I'll include the scalloped potato crock pot recipe (as I prepared it) in case any of you would like to try it yourselves:

Slow Cooker Gruyere Scalloped Potatoes

1 1/2 cups heavy cream
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    pinch of nutmeg
    about 6 average sized russet potatoes cut in 1/8" slices
    salt, pepper, and Johnny's Seasoning Salt (or equivalent)
    8 oz grated Gruyere cheese
    4 oz freshly grated Parmesan

In a medium saucepan, whisk together heavy cream, thyme, and nutmeg over medium heat for a minute or two.

Add a layer of potatoes to a slow cooker in an overlapped pattern. Season to taste with Johnny's, salt, and pepper. Pour 1/3 of cream mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the Gruyere. Repeat twice.

Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top and cover for about 5 minutes until the Parmesan starts to melt.

Remove lid and heat and let potatoes rest for about 15 minutes.

Serve and enjoy.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    Koalie, we can compare our Zuppa Toscana in Heaven. Way back I tried to duplicate the Olive Garden soup and ended up with something much better.

Today I tried something new, and I must say, I'm well pleased. I slow cooked scalloped potatoes with Gruyere cheese in a crockpot for about 5 hours. Served with the potatoes was spicy Popeye's chicken, and corn. Popeye's has a military appreciation day once a year and today was that day. 8 piece mixed for $5.99. The lady in front of me ordered 7 chickens. I just got two...

I'll include the scalloped potato crock pot recipe (as I prepared it) in case any of you would like to try it yourselves:

1 1/2 cups heavy cream
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    pinch of nutmeg

In a medium saucepan, whisk together heavy cream, thyme, and nutmeg over medium heat for a minute or two.

Add a layer of potatoes to a slow cooker in an overlapped pattern. Season to taste with Johnny's, salt, and pepper. Pour 1/3 of cream mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the Gruyere. Repeat twice.

Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top and cover for about 5 minutes until the Parmesan starts to melt.

Serve and enjoy.
    Thank you, TT! I’m definitely going to try this soon!! Sounds amazing!
    Toots

Quote Originally Posted by BlessdMomUv5 View Post
    Thank you, TT! I’m definitely going to try this soon!! Sounds amazing!
    I asked my family members to let me know what they thought about the dish. Not a word from any, but I watched as every single family member took seconds

Tonight is cheese ravioli with homemade marinara sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post

1 1/2 cups heavy cream
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    pinch of nutmeg

Serve and enjoy.
    We can certainly compare our Zuppa Toscana in Heaven and maybe our RR family can be the judges??

Thanks for sharing the scalloped potatoes crockpot recipe. My husband absolutely loves scalloped or au gratin potatoes, so I'll have to try this recipe.

I'm getting ready to make dinner now: backstrap elk steak with sautéed onions and a brown gravy. I sear the steaks in a little bacon grease and then cook them on low for ten more minutes with lots of Montreal steak seasoning. Also, mashed potatoes (we never tire of homemade mashed tators) and a green salad.

Tonight is ham steak with baked sweet potatoes and french style green beans.

Papa Murphys stuffed pizza.

Linguine with Alfredo sauce over canned peach slices, and Caesar salad

I'm having porcupine meatloaf tonight. It is meatloaf with rice mixed in like a casserole.