Page 588 of 588 FirstFirst ... 88488538578586587588
Results 11,741 to 11,757 of 11757

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Pot roast today with coconut cake for dessert.

Ham steak baked sweet potatoes and string beans. Baked a banana bread today. I hope Mac leaves enough for breakfast tomorrow.

I'm going to make veggie beef soup out of the leftover pot roast for tonight and bake a popin fresh french bread to go with it.

Tonight I made a quick and easy dinner. Grilled elk steaks with lots of Montreal seasoning, fried red potatoes with cut up onion (cooked in a cast iron w/ bacon grease,) and peas.
    Fresh picked strawberries for dessert.

That sounds so good Koalie.

We are having Jack Daniels pulled chicken sandwiches with tomato cucumber and sweet onion salad.

Doing glop tonight. Maybe a batch of brownies too.

BBQ'd pork ribs and corn on the cob
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Our 13 yo son, Gabriel, has volunteered to make dinner for the first time!

He decided on enchiladas. I told him we have a can of enchilada sauce in the pantry and he said he'd make his own. He's convinced his sister to drive him to the store to get all of the ingredients needed.
    I'm excited to see if he'll be as gifted with cooking as his daddy.

Our 13 yo son, Gabriel, has volunteered to make dinner for the first time!

He decided on enchiladas. I told him we have a can of enchilada sauce in the pantry and he said he'd make his own. He's convinced his sister to drive him to the store to get all of the ingredients needed.
    I'm excited to see if he'll be as gifted with cooking as his daddy.
    Ooooh nice! That's always awesome when the kiddos get involved. Less work for y'all!

Diane
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

Daughter & Son-in-law visited over the weekend while on vacation. At their request Saturday I prepared my Dutch Oven Pulled Pork and BBQ Beans recipe. The pinto beans were simmered on the gas range with sauce and spices. This time instead of Cole Slaw, I fried up together some Onions and Poblano Peppers. Also served was Texas Toast, Avacado and sweet Watermellon. Assorted Kinder's BBQ sauce flavors were available. The carmelized onions and poblanos complemented the pork surprisingly well. This I shall do again, DV.

Marvin

My youngest son spent last weekend dipnetting on the Chitina. They came back with their limit of Kings, and a decent number of Reds. They were fishing out of a boat. They were catching so many Kings that they had to toss quite a few back into the river. They were fishing with subsistence permits and each family can take up to 10 Kings. Other fisher people who weren't catching any Kings watched in dismay as my son's party would return the big beautiful Kings to the River. I've never heard of anyone catching more than a King or two. My son brought in three in a row in quick succession. I'll serve up the one Red I didn't put into the freezer yesterday. Will drizzle it with honey and lemon pepper and bake.

We drove down to Galveston today for an educational conference for my husband so i do not have to cook today. We will have Greek food for dinner tonight at Olympia Grill---a tradition for us in Galveston.

We are going to have deluxe scrambled eggs with toast. We use diced green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and ham in the eggs.

scratch tacos

Everyone's dinners sound delicious! Tonight I made egg drop soup and Chinese chicken with broccoli over rice.

Scalloped potato and broccoli casserole with ground beef in it for one dish supper. Trying to decide if I want to bake a cake.

I'm baking a Chitina Red in a mayo and sourcream based sauce; and serving it with ricearoni wild rice mix, and corn