Is This The Last Generation Or Just One Big Coincidence?
Terry Malone February 15, 2012 calvaryprophecy.com
Every once in a while, I will have a reader ask me why I believe this is the last generation. My answer is simple...there are just too many Bible prophecies that have come true in this final generation for it to be a coincidence.
One thing that I find fascinating, as far back as 2500 years ago, the Bible predicted many of the prophecies that we are experiencing in this very hour. Many of these prophecies began when Israel once again became a nation. In fact, I believe the Bible is pretty clear, once Israel became a nation, a generation would not pass away before we would see the Second Coming of Christ (Matthew 24:4-34).
I find it fascinating that the Bible would predict, 2500 years in advance, the starting point and the ending point of the last generation. The starting point being the rebirth of Israel and the ending point being the Second Coming of Christ. Many prophecies that are slated to be a part of this last generation have come to pass. It amazes me that out of the last 2500 years it is within this 70-80 year time span that these prophecy have begun to take shape. Below is a list of the prophecies that have come about within this last generation:
* The re-gathering of the Jews into their homeland (Ezekiel 37:11-13) after thousands of years of God ordained exile. Another amazing fact, after thousands of years living in other nations, there Jewish culture has remained intact.
* The rebirth of Israel as a nation in 1948 (Ezekiel 37:10-14; Isaiah 43:5, 6; 66:7-8) in one day. Israel literally became a nation again in one day. Following their declaration of statehood, the next day, five Arab nations attacked Israel. But Israel defeated them and has grown into a major world military power. This prophecy of rebirth essentially kicked off the beginning of the last generation.
* The Arab world will claim they are rightful owners of the land of Israel (Ezekiel 35:5, 10; 36:2, 5). It wasn't until the Jews began migrating back to Palestine in hopes of declaring Israeli statehood that the Arab world laid claim to the land. Before that, it was of no value to them.
* The desert land of Israel will bloom again during this last generation (Luke 21:29-31; Isaiah 41:18-21). This has literally happened in our lifetime. As stated in the last bullet point, the land of Israel was a worthless desert place while the Arabs occupied the land. However, once Israel reclaimed their homeland, it has become an fertile oasis.
* The city of Jerusalem recaptured by Israel 19 years later in 1967 (Zechariah 8:7-8; 12:3). Jerusalem can't be a stumbling block to world peace if Israel if its not under their control.
* A Middle East peace plan with Israel, where Jerusalem is considered a major stumbling block will develop in the last days (Daniel 9:27; Zechariah 12:3). This is literally taking place today.
* This peace plan with Israel will ultimately have a seven-year time limit (Daniel 9:27). Right now, virtually every proposed Middle East peace proposal has a timeline for which peace must be realized. The splitting of Jerusalem is usually the final jewel of every peace accord.
* The ruins of Israel will be rebuilt (Amos 9:11 &13). This has kicked into high gear since Israel became a nation (1948).
* An eastern nation capable of fielding a 200 million man army (Revelation 9:16) will arise during the tribulation period. No nation has ever been able to field an army of this magnitude until this generation (China & India).
* The Euphrates River will be dried up to enable a great army to cross (Revelation 16:12). This could not have been done until 1990 without the help of modern day technology.
* During this generation, man will obtain the ability to view an event simultaneously all over the world (Revelation 11:9-10). Certainly, this was impossible until satellite technology was invented during this generation.
* Russia, Iran, a host of northern African nations, and the surrounding Islamic world will forge an alliance and attack Israel (Ezekiel 38 & 39). Today, virtually all of these nations (listed in Ezekiel 38) are already in an alliance with each other.
* World leaders will begin talking about world governance as a necessary evil. This has become a major topic among the global community especially since the beginning of the financial crisis in the European Union. This will eventually lead to a one world government led by the Antichrist (Revelation 13). If you are a frequent reader of mine, you know that this is happening as I write. The first significant world body called the United Nations was created in 1945 to encourage global cooperation.
* The temple will be rebuilt (Revelation 11:1, 2; Daniel 9:27). This is still yet future, but it is a foregone conclusion that various temple organizations, once the okay to rebuild is given, will have it completed within months.
* The Antichrist will rise up out of the New Roman Empire known today as the European Union (Daniel 9:27). He will lead this one world government through false deception and eventually claim to be God..
* In the last days, knowledge will increase dramatically (Daniel 12:4). There is no debating the fact that knowledge has increased in leaps and bounds over the last 100 years, but particularly during the last 70-80 years. Medicine and technological discoveries have exploded in this last generation.
I didn't even mention the increase in world travel (Daniel 12:4) and the explosion of natural disasters that was predicted for the last days. Even secular world news reports acknowledge that we have had a tremendous increase in freakish natural disasters over the last ten years.
It is during this narrow block of time that all these prophecies are beginning to or already have come to past. Can this all be a coincidence?
Are you ready to meet the Lord? If not, your time is running out!