Thread: Adding French and Hebrew to our lessons!

Ima Believer Guest

Default Adding French and Hebrew to our lessons!

We started a new science course this week and I just ordered our French and Hebrew books today (maybe the dog will be tri-lingual too, that would make things really interesting and fun, lol)! Really looking forward to this - I find so much enjoyment from homeschooling. I am, I always struggled in school and going through these lessons with Morgan - she does a lot independently which is really nice and I have been blessed by what she has been able to do. I think of going back to school myself sometimes because of this, I find myself being more confident as I go through her lessons and homework with her. Anyhow, really looking forward to adding languages to the plate! I suggested Hebrew for obvious reasons and she wanted to learn French so here we go. I think it's really because she watched some of "Julie & Julia" with me once and fell in love with the French language and we both fell in love with learning how to cook better. Beef bourignon (yes, I know sp) - anyhow - I think I am going to make that my goal this winter along with learning the language. What a blessing to be able to take a lesson like learning a new language and adding further culture to it like cooking. Anyone want to come to dinner? I promise, you don't have to speak French or Hebrew.

Ima Believer Guest

Our books came today!

Marie, what curriculum are you using for the languages??

We are going to do Prima Latina to give my son a good Latin base. (He's 9.) I feel like I *should* teach him Spanish then, it would probably be more useful going forward. But... I took French in high school and would like to relearn what's probably all stuck in my head somewhere, and it would be wonderful to teach him along with it!!

Ima Believer Guest

Hey there, Midwest Mama!

here is the web address for the French course we are going to use: http://http://www.livinglanguage.com/

for Hebrew we are using the book: MODERN HEBREW FOR BEGINNERS by Esther Raizen (they give you a website in the beginning of the book - remember it goes from "back to front" as a Hebrew book would and you use the book and what is offered through the website)

Hope this helps!

We are thinking of doing German basics as well.
    Last edited by Ima Believer; January 4th, 2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: very bad spelling

Thanks, I'll take a look at it!!