Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atheists to hold "massive" rally in D.C. in March

Default Atheists to hold "massive" rally in D.C. in March

"Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

They have a right to do this. I pray they come to see the Light before it is too late.
    Jesus saith unto him, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me." John 14:6

Absolutely correct, Futurehope! It will be interesting to see how "massive" this rally really is.
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

We need to start a prayer thread on this; and commit to daily prayer for all the unreached.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

David Silverman, a chair for the Reason Rally Coalition and president of American Atheists, said that participants are motivated by positivity.

“We’re not going there to complain, we’re not going there to fight,” he told CBSDC. “[We want to] celebrate the fact that we are growing, we are stronger, and we are taking our place in American society.”
    We’re not going there to complain
    The website for the event states that organizers aim to encourage participants to claim their identity as what they call “secular Americans,” to dispel stereotypes, and to rally for legislative equality.
    So the term atheist isn't cutting it? Maybe they're going to start being more honest? Maybe transition to a definition that isn't so rigidly defining? Because 'secular' is more or less the same thing in terms of definitions. Many atheists don't fit the definition of the term atheist.

Yet, for example, there are many 'secular' 'christians'! I'm sure you'll find many such ones attending your 'atheist' rally!
    Try 'agnostic'. It's humble and honest, and it serves the purpose of disconnecting you from the Christians/'religion' you 'atheist' lot hate so very much.

As to stereotypes if the current trend is any indication that you need a rally to 'dispel' the current perception (which might include being literately confused in terminologies and a failure to grasp hypocrisy), go for it. But the 'atheist' bunch doesn't have a leg to stand on in terms of 'legislative equality'.

What can't they do right now and who cares about what they don't believe? Who has discriminated against them in any way in regards to their non-faith?

we’re not going there to fight
    We Are Stronger
    Speaks for itself. American 'Atheists' need a better president or spokesman or something. This is just sloppy.

So a bunch of people that try to pretend that God doesn't exist are going to rally for what exactly?

My guess is that it won't be particularly non-violent and the area where its held will be pretty trash covered afterwards. If they don't respect the almighty enough to acknowledge his existence there's a pretty good chance they're not going to respect the Mall or wherever they choose to hold the rally.

Maybe there should be a Christian rally a few weeks later in the same location to illustrate the difference when people have the Holy Spirit within them.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment." (Matthew 22:37-38)

I wonder how many OWS, pro-abortion, and gay rights types will attend - either to show support, come out of the closet on their anti-God beliefs, or advance their own political agenda. This could cause the numbers to swell.

Israel

Read the article. What a bunch of drivel. What does this poor underprivileged group want? They're removing the Name of the Creator from everywhere! They advertise on buses! They want extra privileges, not the ones already guaranteed by the constitution! By the way, it is no coincidence that we have in our government three separate branches, executive, legislative and judicial. It was made that way to follow the Biblical standards of a triune God.

Yes, ignorance is killed by awareness and I pray these lost souls become aware that they are either going to face Jesus and be condemned or face Jesus and rejoice, all depending on whether or not they choose to remain in ignorance. I feel so sorry for these lost people who don't know they're lost, adding to their sins just so that Satan can have a field day (field eternity?) with them in everlasting condemnation.

I wonder how many of them are standing near a certain church right now, in New Jersey, to honor someone who's about to have a very gospel oriented celebration of her going home to the Lord.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

Bible

Sounds like a lot of hype for a non-event.

It might as well be "basement dwellers liberation".

Pray for them anyway. Really.

If Ray Comfort is there, he will have a field day with these people.
    :fish

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    If Ray Comfort is there, he will have a field day with these people.
    Yep, he would definitely be a ray of comfort to all those who would believe.

Quote Originally Posted by futurehope View Post
    They have a right to do this. I pray they come to see the Light before it is too late.
    They sure do have a right.God gives us choices.But the consequences for those choices is not going to be pretty.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

A mid rally rapture would give 'em all something to talk about.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

That, or the Washington Monument falling on them.

When you think about what the future holds for these people you can't help but feel sorry for them. As if the Tribulation is not bad enough but eternity separated from GOD, my heart breaks for them.

Praying

Quote Originally Posted by SoThankful View Post
    So a bunch of people that try to pretend that God doesn't exist are going to rally for what exactly?
    To call for the right to live a life that has no nope or point? To stand for the right to just exist until they die, then that is it?
    Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
    12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
    O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
    Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

.........chain of foo-oolsssss..."
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
    Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
    Psalm 91:7-8

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
    Romans 8:31

Sure hope and pray that you keep it all to yourselves in DC and it doesn't become an 'exported product'

Don't worry - one of their biggest areas of difficulty is raising missionary faith pledges.