Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walmart Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Jacinth View Post
    Oh I didn't know you had MS.
    Neither did I!!!!
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28

Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    Oops I just looked up
    I'm in the ladies room
    Buzz, you are welcome ANYTIME in the ladies room!!!
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28

Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    I put my husband in the kiddie cart and take him with me. He helps remind me of things on the list.

I have the cutest baby in the store!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
    You DO have the cutest baby, Heather! Hmmmm..... looks like you were at WalMart, eh???

Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Jacinth View Post
    Oh I didn't know you had MS.
    I didn't know he was a woman.
    (I'm gonna tip-toe back out of here)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    Oops I just looked up
    I'm in the ladies room

I've done the same thing in restaurants, imagine my surprise (and theirs)
    1 CORINTHIANS 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

ROMANS 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
    For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

I like Walmart but do find it overwhelming and only go there about once every other week or so. I do the rest of my shopping at Meijers or Dollar General, neither of which aren't as "stimulating" as Walmart.
    Jesus, please come back TODAY!!!!

My WalMart zombie shopping has been getting worse this last year. The experience is rather mind numbing, and reminds me of people aimlessly wandering through life, even though the world seems ready to implode. Praying while shopping helps!
    Acts, I would love to grow sprouts! How long have you been growing them?

Mary

Quote Originally Posted by kssunflowers View Post

Acts, I would love to grow sprouts! How long have you been growing them?

Mary
    i've been sprouting for years as well. these guys are awesome http://sproutpeople.org/

i use jar sprouters and hemp bags

Yup, what Icy said.

Off and on for a couple of years.

I know a lot of people don't have time/energy for a garden, sprouting might be a good way to get some live foods.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

I watched the whole video. Thanks! Time to stock up on some beans!
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing4 View Post
    I was grocery shopping the other day and just thought "Do we really need this many choices?" The potato chip aisle alone is a bit overwhelming. Not too mention all the kinds and flavors of yogurt.
    When I was grocery shopping last weekend, there was a man standing in the chips aisle and he just looked like he was completely dumbfounded about making a decision on which chips to get. I said, "Sometimes I think we have entirely too many choices in this country". He said he agreed. I'll never forget the first time I went into our local Wegman's - I was just completely overwhelmed by all of it. I keep telling my mom she needs to let me take her to Wegman's because it's an experience. You're not the only one, sometimes I feel this way too when I go shopping. There's just so much stuff everywhere!

its like going through seed catalogs and trying to pick out one type of tomato to grow. it can't be done. you end up picking at least 5

I am not so sure we are zombies, rather in shock over the prices at Walmart and the grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by fl2007rn View Post
    I am not so sure we are zombies, rather in shock over the prices at Walmart and the grocery store.
    Well, we're definitely that, although it's even more shocking when I go to Publix or Winn Dixie. I'd so much rather go to Publix, but when everything costs three times more there than what it does at Walmart, and I'm literally rolling pennies for food, it just has to be Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    If you are discussing a physical reaction, have you had your blood pressure taken recently? One of my Fibromyalgia meds caused me to have high blood pressure and some of the symptoms you are mentioning were ones that were attributed to my high blood pressure. Just a thought- lots of stores have blood pressure machines near the pharmacy section- might be something to consider...

~Mish
    Actually, I nearly always check my blood pressure when I go to Walmart, and it always shows me in stage 1 hypertension, and my pulse rate over a 100. My husband's pulse rate is always well under a hundred. I'm never sure of the accuracy of the Walmart monitors.

And as an aside, my husband irritates me and hurts my feelings every time he brushes off the monitor showing me in stage 1 hypertension by saying it's just 'cause I get stressed when I go to the grocery store. I do get stressed when I go to the grocery store, but I don't know that that is the only reason I'm presumably in stage 1 hypertension (assuming the monitor is right). I wish my husband showed more concern about my health issues. It makes me lonely that he doesn't. ( I guess I'm derailing my own thread with this post. )

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsppmrxky View Post
    If your daughter has a milk allergy, how does she eat yogurt? Are you buying soy or coconut milk based yogurts?

Vit D can be gotten from getting sunshine or you can get her some supplements that are vit D3. (you would have to ask her paediatrician about the correct dosage for her age.

There are certain stores here that I go into and that I have to leave. The Best Buy actually makes me dizzy. I have heard of some stores using high frequency noise for anti theft. I am wondering if that is what is going on at Best Buy in our town.

I suffer with fibro and sometimes when I am in a flare I get dizzy and do not do well while shopping. I don't know if it is the lines of the shelves and my eyes not focusing well with the bifocals or not, but on those days, I try to stay home.
    I don't know how she is able to eat yogurt. She can eat ice cream, pudding, and things cooked with milk. But straight milk caused her to break out in hives when she was a toddler, and the last time I gave her milk (two or three years ago), shes went red around her mouth. She also went red around her mouth when she ate Parmesan noodles.

She might have an intolerance.

I get hives, on occasion, after eating wheat, but I don't get it every time. I noticed my crampy abdominal pain went away when I cut out most of the wheat, too.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by RevivedAgain View Post
    Actually, I nearly always check my blood pressure when I go to Walmart, and it always shows me in stage 1 hypertension, and my pulse rate over a 100. My husband's pulse rate is always well under a hundred. I'm never sure of the accuracy of the Walmart monitors.

Revived, you might want to go to your county health department to have the nurse there check your BP. A couple of years ago, I, too, was in 'early' stage of hypertension, and was a little too casual about it. A few months later, I was so dizzy, I couldn't stand up. My Dr. ordered an MRI (to rule out brain tumor or stroke) and an echocardiogram (to rule out heart attack). My BP was sky-rocket high. All of this could have been avoided, if I'd only gone to him sooner and been put on Rx meds for hypertension. I've been taking them for two years now, and I'm doing great!
    I still have to see a cardiologist every year, just to be sure everything is okay. Please don't delay seeing your doctor.

-Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    She might have an intolerance.

I get hives, on occasion, after eating wheat, but I don't get it every time. I noticed my crampy abdominal pain went away when I cut out most of the wheat, too.
    A lot of food allergies run on my husband's side of the family. His nephews have peanut and soy allergies.

My daughter turned red around her mouth after eating strawberries. At first, I thought it was the juice and tried to wash it off with a wet rag. It didn't come off. Then I tried a wet rag with soap. It still didn't come off, and I noticed it spreading under her chin. I gave her Benadryl and the redness went away. This was about six years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Revived, you might want to go to your county health department to have the nurse there check your BP. A couple of years ago, I, too, was in 'early' stage of hypertension, and was a little too casual about it. A few months later, I was so dizzy, I couldn't stand up. My Dr. ordered an MRI (to rule out brain tumor or stroke) and an echocardiogram (to rule out heart attack). My BP was sky-rocket high. All of this could have been avoided, if I'd only gone to him sooner and been put on Rx meds for hypertension. I've been taking them for two years now, and I'm doing great!
    I still have to see a cardiologist every year, just to be sure everything is okay. Please don't delay seeing your doctor.
    I've been needing to make an appointment for awhile with the doctor. In the meantime, I've tried to lower my blood pressure myself through walking (but I've 'walked' for a lot of years. I like to hike nature trails and such, and take walks up my dirt road.) I also have tomatoes and mushrooms with my eggs instead of bacon, raw carrots or almonds with sandwiches (instead of chips), etc.

I hadn't thought about having my blood pressure checked at the health department. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by RevivedAgain View Post
    I've been needing to make an appointment for awhile with the doctor. In the meantime, I've tried to lower my blood pressure myself through walking (but I've 'walked' for a lot of years. I like to hike nature trails and such, and take walks up my dirt road.) I also have tomatoes and mushrooms with my eggs instead of bacon, raw carrots or almonds with sandwiches (instead of chips), etc.

I hadn't thought about having my blood pressure checked at the health department. Thanks for the suggestion.
    You are doing some good things, for sure, Revived, but so was I. We live on a farm, and I'm out and about a lot, but still needed the Rx. The health dept. is a good way to go, since there is no fee for BP check (there may not be if you went to your dr.'s office and asked one of the nurses to do the same). I guess it all boils down to convenience. If you live closer to one than the other.
    We've had serious health issues in our farming area in the last few years, and at least two of them (maybe all three) perhaps could have been prevented with regular BP monitoring. Just a guess, of course. I just hate to see anyone have a 'big' problem, if it can be avoided. Blessings on your weekend, and Happy Mother's Day!

-Lynn