Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 255

Thread: Prepare for "the end" or exercise Faith? *merged*

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    1,875

    Default



    That was supposed to be a thumbs up for steve53 last post but I forgot to quote it
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Morgantown, West Virginia
    Posts
    3,880

    Default

    No fear here! I have repeatedly promoted the idea that we are raptured as in the days of Noah which indicates we will depart at a time when it is business as usual. Jesus said he would come back as a thief in the night. That goes hand in hand with business as usual and denotes an element of suprise that most are caught off guard. When we are suffering we look heavenward when things are going well we ignore the Lord.

    The stock market is once again approaching 13,000. The media is telling us the economy is recovering. The unemployment rate they claim is going down. Things are "rosy"

    Yet the world economy in reality is perched atop the edge of a cliff and the slightest world problem could easily push it over the edge and certainly the raptue would be a death nail that would catapult the world into a dark dark free fall and ruinous collapse.

    Running on a parallel track is the the whole ME crisis envolving Israel, Syria, Iran, Russia and all the players in both Isaiah 17 and Ezekiel 38-39. The pressure just continues to build by the day. We are literally seeing hundreds of news articles now popping up daily on this brewing crisis.

    All that to say...I believe we are most likely going home very soon and the rapture will serve as the ultimate tipping point. Things will remain relatively calm before the rapture occurs in my opinion and if for some reason I have misread what Jesus was telling us...he will continue to take care of the church and see us through whatever my come. He always does.
    Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

    Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

    Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVBORN56 View Post
    No fear here! I have repeatedly promoted the idea that we are raptured as in the days of Noah which indicates we will depart at a time when it is business as usual. Jesus said he would come back as a thief in the night. That goes hand in hand with business as usual and denotes an element of suprise that most are caught off guard. When we are suffering we look heavenward when things are going well we ignore the Lord.

    The stock market is once again approaching 13,000. The media is telling us the economy is recovering. The unemployment rate they claim is going down. Things are "rosy"

    Yet the world economy in reality is perched atop the edge of a cliff and the slightest world problem could easily push it over the edge and certainly the raptue would be a death nail that would catapult the world into a dark dark free fall and ruinous collapse.

    Running on a parallel track is the the whole ME crisis envolving Israel, Syria, Iran, Russia and all the players in both Isaiah 17 and Ezekiel 38-39. The pressure just continues to build by the day. We are literally seeing hundreds of news articles now popping up daily on this brewing crisis.

    All that to say...I believe we are most likely going home very soon and the rapture will serve as the ultimate tipping point. Things will remain relatively calm before the rapture occurs in my opinion and if for some reason I have misread what Jesus was telling us...he will continue to take care of the church and see us through whatever my come. He always does.
    *Standing Ovation*
    I stand with Israel, now and forever.
    Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The United State of Texas
    Posts
    27,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post
    The bolded part is what RR strives to rebuke.

    Years ago the original board had a Post Rapture discussion forum which was almost completely devoid of joy or worship of the Lord. I hated that forum! It smacked of worldliness where "something big" was always coming which needed urgent preparation on the part of believers. Panic spread easily from poster to poster as links to survival websites popped up more and more.
    Won't be seeing that here no more



    Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVBORN56 View Post
    No fear here! I have repeatedly promoted the idea that we are raptured as in the days of Noah which indicates we will depart at a time when it is business as usual. Jesus said he would come back as a thief in the night. That goes hand in hand with business as usual and denotes an element of suprise that most are caught off guard. When we are suffering we look heavenward when things are going well we ignore the Lord.

    The stock market is once again approaching 13,000. The media is telling us the economy is recovering. The unemployment rate they claim is going down. Things are "rosy"

    Yet the world economy in reality is perched atop the edge of a cliff and the slightest world problem could easily push it over the edge and certainly the raptue would be a death nail that would catapult the world into a dark dark free fall and ruinous collapse.

    Running on a parallel track is the the whole ME crisis envolving Israel, Syria, Iran, Russia and all the players in both Isaiah 17 and Ezekiel 38-39. The pressure just continues to build by the day. We are literally seeing hundreds of news articles now popping up daily on this brewing crisis.

    All that to say...I believe we are most likely going home very soon and the rapture will serve as the ultimate tipping point. Things will remain relatively calm before the rapture occurs in my opinion and if for some reason I have misread what Jesus was telling us...he will continue to take care of the church and see us through whatever my come. He always does.
    That was so well said. I so agree.
    "Even so, come Lord Jesus, come. Even so....come and take Your Bride away. How my soul longs to be with You, my Lord! Even so, even so, come, Lord Jesus, come!" (Rev. 22:20)...Terry MacAlmon Music Ministries

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Morgantown, West Virginia
    Posts
    3,880

    Default

    Thanks Patti and Sandra, all credit and praise goes to Jesus.
    Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

    Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

    Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVBORN56 View Post
    Thanks Patti and Sandra, all credit and praise goes to Jesus.

    I stand with Israel, now and forever.
    Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

  8. #188

    Default Doomsday Preppers?

    Anyone catch the show "Doomsday Preppers"? People preparing for "the end"; pretty scary.

    I am prepping as well, but it is my Soul and Spirit, so that I may be ready for His return! I don't know when the Rapture will take place, and I don't know how much we as believers will have to "endure", but I plan on trusting in HIM to take care of me. I know one thing, I would certainly rather be with our Lord, and I absolutely don't want to be in a world these Preppers want to create.

    It still amazes me how all of this is foretold in His Word, and they don't want to hear it or even know about it. Tonight I heard them speaking of all of tsunamis, the earthquakes, the weather changes, the turmoil, the unrest, and still...... our Lord's Word is ignored.

    For as long as we are here, the world needs our prayers.



  9. #189
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    I don't watch the show because it kinda depresses me not knowing when he will return. Like you, I don't want to be around when it happens. I have stored some food and water. Not really enough to last more than 2 months probably. Medicine is my main concern, I depend on insulin to survive and pain meds for my back. Regardless I hope our Lord will return before it happens and what is left that I stored hopefully someone can use. I have written a letter to those who are left behind and hope whoever reads it will be saved.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,748

    Default

    Well... if you're not a believer, you're gonna need that stuff. Right? I caught one episode - my only thought was Man I hope we're out of here before society goes in that direction.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment." (Matthew 22:37-38)

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Minnetonka, Minnesota
    Posts
    4,563

    Default

    Interesting you are posting this, maranatha-- my DH and I were JUST WATCHING this show! Up until now I had never seen it. My back was turned to the TV (since I'm on my IPad), but I turned to look and commented to my DH that I certainly wouldn't WANT to be around in this world should some major doomsday catastrophe occur! I also noted that these people certainly do ignore our great God and Comforter. Must be praying for them as their "spiritualists" and dancing and candles and all won't save them.

    And one thing my DH noted. He said "What's the one thing none of these preppers have?.... Man's best friend--a dog!!" (As my DH was petting our lab pooch who was snuggling up to him. )
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28




    Cindy


  12. #192
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Up north, watching and waiting.
    Posts
    805

    Default

    I've watched the show from the beginning and find it absolutely fascinating. I know the reason, without the HS, I would also be a prepper. I would be obsessive about getting ready for a post apocalyptic world. Thank G-d for the HS.

  13. #193

    Default

    Mad Max disease. We'll create a thunderdome, two men will enter, only one may leave. This is what happens when people are lost in fear.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

    Joel 3:2

    I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    321

    Default

    My hubby and I watched it last night for the 2nd time. I told him last night I said man babe I'm sure glad I don't feel the need for us to prep he asked why not and I told him no matter what happens in this world I have faith God will provide for our needs. He being the unbeliever he is says and you have me. I snuggled up and said yes babe I have you so when God sends us food you can shoot it since your a better shot. He sent you me so you can actually eat it.

    Last night I looked at him and told him they were new agey love child children

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    3rd World Atlanta
    Posts
    3,154

    Default

    The wife & I watched this show intently. Honestly, these clowns make me laugh. One joker had a stash of silver/gold for "bartering/trading". He seemed very naive about a post apolcalypse situation. I asked my wife what's to stop the guy that this man is bartering with from shooting him for his gold. Do these people really think people will be operating with an honest mentality once the situation goes up in smoke?

    Another guy pretty much said his "plan" was to start shooting people that approached his home/bunker. Nice!

    I honestly think these types are going to be some of the first to expire in a TEOTWAWKI situation.

    Whatever happens, my heart is at ease because the Lord is in control of everything! Sure, I "prep" for minor things but to this extreme is absurd. My first line of defense is God & His protection!
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

    John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

    Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

  16. #196

    Default

    On one Prepper show, the children were not allowed to play with any friends after school. They must come home immediately to train and prepare for "the end." How sad to teach your children to have no peace and to be constantly be living in fear. MY prayers go out to these families to find peace in Christ.

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,064

    Default

    When I think about the preppers, I wonder how it is that they are so certain that all the things they have stashed away will survive a cataclysmic event. When I took a mission trip to serve survivors of Katrina, I found hundreds, thousands of people who escaped Katrina with the clothes on their backs and nothing more. They turned up at refugee centers with nothing in their hands and had to depend on someone else to provide all their needs. Many didn't realize it, but the someone else who provided their needs is God. I met a 90 year old woman who had recently survived the death of her husband and cancer who had to walk for miles through filthy water to reach a place where she could then be transported safely to a refugee center. When tornadoes and hurricanes come howling at your door and huge earthquakes rattle your world, the supplies you have stashed might not survive or you might not be able to get to them. That doesn't mean thaqt I saying you shouldn't make any preparations. I'm just saying that a lot of unbeievers are relying on stashes of temporal, material possessions to survive when wat they really need to rely on is an eternal God who loves them so much that He sent His only begotten Son to pay the price for all their sins. Sometimes people who rely on their Saviour to bring them through great hardship don't survive in their human bodiies. But God is faithful to bring everyone who has placed their faith in the saving power of Jesus blood shed on the cross will, immediately after death, find themselves more alive than ever in the Presence of a loving and Holy God. That sounds so much better to me than surviving an apocalyptic scenario on earth.


    Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

    A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

    Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
    I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

  18. #198
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadeeyes View Post
    When I think about the preppers, I wonder how it is that they are so certain that all the things they have stashed away will survive a cataclysmic event. When I took a mission trip to serve survivors of Katrina, I found hundreds, thousands of people who escaped Katrina with the clothes on their backs and nothing more. They turned up at refugee centers with nothing in their hands and had to depend on someone else to provide all their needs. Many didn't realize it, but the someone else who provided their needs is God. I met a 90 year old woman who had recently survived the death of her husband and cancer who had to walk for miles through filthy water to reach a place where she could then be transported safely to a refugee center. When tornadoes and hurricanes come howling at your door and huge earthquakes rattle your world, the supplies you have stashed might not survive or you might not be able to get to them. That doesn't mean thaqt I saying you shouldn't make any preparations. I'm just saying that a lot of unbeievers are relying on stashes of temporal, material possessions to survive when wat they really need to rely on is an eternal God who loves them so much that He sent His only begotten Son to pay the price for all their sins. Sometimes people who rely on their Saviour to bring them through great hardship don't survive in their human bodiies. But God is faithful to bring everyone who has placed their faith in the saving power of Jesus blood shed on the cross will, immediately after death, find themselves more alive than ever in the Presence of a loving and Holy God. That sounds so much better to me than surviving an apocalyptic scenario on earth.

    ... Great Post! Living through a catastrophe with what is left may not be God's will for you (the pain, suffering hardships), but a perfect place after death we know ultimately is his will for those who truly believe upon Jesus the Christ as their savior...
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet


  19. #199
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadeeyes View Post
    Sometimes people who rely on their Saviour to bring them through great hardship don't survive in their human bodiies.
    Agreed and I personally wouldn't want to be here for the kind of life these people are prepping for. But to them life is precious because they know nothing of eternity. I think it is important to pray for the salvation of the people featured on these shows.

  20. #200
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    589

    Default

    My husband and I have watched this show several time, he wondered where man's best friend was also (dog). I wondered if any where christians that believed we were going through the tribulation and that is why they are prepping. I don't know I think though it is always good to be a little prepared for situations, such as bad weather or an earthquake, have a couple days of food on the shelf and some water. But our trust is in the Lord he is our provider.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •