View Poll Results: Choose your favorite TV and comic heroes (Choose up to 7)

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Superman and Superwoman

10 27.78%
  • 2. Batman and Robin

11 30.56%
  • 3. Zorro

11 30.56%
  • 4. The Incredible Hulk

8 22.22%
  • 5. Man From Atlantis

3 8.33%
  • 6. Bionic Woman/ Six Million Dollar Man

11 30.56%
  • 7. The Lone Ranger and Tonto

15 41.67%
  • 8. Sky King/ Roy Rogers/ Bonanza/ Rifleman/ Cheyenne/ Wyatt Earp/ Gunsmoke

15 41.67%
  • 9. Kirk and Spock

18 50.00%
  • 10. The Flash

5 13.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boomers: Choose your favorite TV and comic heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
    You know what I just realized? Maybe there are just tons and tons of comic books in Heaven! How fun! I don't know if they would still interest me as much as they used to when I was little. My cousins used to have oodles and oodles of comics, especially Superman, Supergirl and Batman ones and I used to love to read them when we went over there!
    I loved comic books as a kid as well.Especially Archie,Donald Duck and Scrooge.Some of the new comic books are not very appropriate now.Their was a thread about them recently on RR.

Quote Originally Posted by IMSAVED View Post
    I loved comic books as a kid as well.Especially Archie,Donald Duck and Scrooge.Some of the new comic books are not very appropriate now.Their was a thread about them recently on RR.
    Yes, I was thinking while doing that post that if there are comics in Heaven, there would not be bad stuff in them. A while back I read something about a new character being introduced into comics that I would not even want to describe. Anyway, only good content in Heaven!

Hey, I used to like Archie comics, too!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

I was born in late '64, so i missed being a boomer. I voted for the Lone Ranger, and the Six Million Dollar Man. they were my favorites as a child.

As for my favorite heroes in tv and comics:

John Locke- Lost
    Officer Rick Grimes- The Walking Dead (tv never read the comic)
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds- Firefly
    Spiderman
    Blade
    The Punisher

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:10-11

Prodigal - I realized after I had created the poll that I had forgotten Spiderman!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Prodigal - I realized after I had created the poll that I had forgotten Spiderman!
    That's ok, i figured it was an oversite. I get my sarcastic side from all the Spidy comics i read as a kid.

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:10-11

Hey, what about The Phantom - The Ghost Who Walks !!!! Was never allowed to buy them (comic books) but used to borrow them. Also Archie, Spiderman, The Flash. Was more of a tomboy than I thought

My heroes have always been cowboys. And sometimes Indians!
    Grew up in the 50's with all the classic western series. Sometimes
    the horse was the hero! Ahhh, memories....

Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Momas, don't let your babies grow up.....

Yep I remember cowboys, tire swing horses, leaver action bb guns.....
    and army guys were like that - tanks instead of horses, and you didn't have to reload as much...

then came chrome jets...rockets....Tobor the 8th man, Ultraman, Star Trek, Captain Scarlett, Space 1999....

then Neal Armstrong took his step....

I'm glad we have a horse. All I need now is a wrentch, clockworks, keys, and a lever action magnito powered ray gun..... steampunk is so cool.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Quote Originally Posted by IamHis View Post
    My heroes have always been cowboys. And sometimes Indians!
    Grew up in the 50's with all the classic western series. Sometimes
    the horse was the hero! Ahhh, memories....

Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear
    For IamHis:

______

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    . . . Tobor the 8th man . . .
    For Captain Wally:

______

AHHHHHHHHH! I watched this?

Nerd infancy. I simply did not know any better.

At least later there was Dr Who - Tom Baker. Have a jelly baby.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

Also for Captain Wally:

______

And one more for Captain Wally:

______

If you look at the who's who of Star Wars you find a lot of the tallent came from the Space 1999 crew.

Just found this video today featuring Guy Williams as Zorro. He was my first TV hero!

______

Oh my, I had such a crush on Adam West and Burt Ward from Batman and Robin. I loved Adam West's voice....and still do. I know he does voice overs today with commercials. I love the cliff hangers they had and the way "PUNCH", "ZAP", "BAM", and other phrases would come up when B & R would punch out the villians

Just found this video today featuring Guy Williams as Zorro. He was my first TV hero!

Mine too.

Quote Originally Posted by IMSAVED View Post
    Mine too.

______

Reruns of Superman (was too young when the program first came out) - I thought Clark Kent in those black rim glasses was so cool
    Batman & Robin
    Six Million Dollar Man & Bionic Woman
    Wonder Woman - every time it was on, I would put on my one piece red/white/blue bathing suit and pretend I was Linda Carter
    Til we meet in Beulah Land!

"Only one life 'twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last"