Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toothpaste

Default Toothpaste

Do you know how much toothpaste is still in the tube when it no longer squeezes out?

I have started cutting the tube and I am AMAZED at what usually gets thrown away. I get at least 8 more uses out of each tube!

Just thought I'd share because I am wondering who else does this and to encourage other frugalers to do the same.

Vinegar is an excellent fabric softener use it as you would regular fabric softeners.

Baking soda made into a paste is a wonderful cleaner for your shower. Just put some baking soda on a sponge put a little water to make a wet paste and scrub. Removes all the dirt and grime without chemicals. Rinse and your shower is shiny and clean.
    Jesus, please come back TODAY!!!!

Frugalars! love that word! never heard it before.

Quote Originally Posted by nanny View Post
    Frugalars! love that word! never heard it before.
    I believe it's newly coined and perfect.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
    I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by jadeeyes View Post
    I believe it's newly coined and perfect.
    It wastes too many letters. How about 'Froogs'?
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Quote Originally Posted by Hootmon View Post
    Again to many wasted letters. Let's try 'Frogs'

Burbank,Ill surburb of chicago, crook county, home of king Daley

I know of a way to recycle engine oil at home,time consuming but it works.

I,m a fool for Christ,whose fool are you ???

Quote Originally Posted by Eternally View Post
    Do you know how much toothpaste is still in the tube when it no longer squeezes out?

I have started cutting the tube and I am AMAZED at what usually gets thrown away. I get at least 8 more uses out of each tube!

Just thought I'd share because I am wondering who else does this and to encourage other frugalers to do the same.
    I use a plastic toothpaste saver thing(I do not know what it is called).It has a slit in it.You put the end of your toothpaste tube in it.As your toothpaste is being used this plastic saver goes along the tube and squeezes out every last drop of toothpaste.I bought mine at the grocery store.

Is it possible to reuse the dryer sheets (e.g. Bounce) more then once and still have an affect on the clothes? We use a Target brand ourselves.
    John 13:35
    By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

Israel

Quote Originally Posted by outside60 View Post
    Is it possible to reuse the dryer sheets (e.g. Bounce) more then once and still have an affect on the clothes? We use a Target brand ourselves.
    I used to reuse them quite often. As they weakened I would use 2 or 3 used ones. Once they started sticking to the clothes, I knew they were finished and threw them out. In the interest of the environment, I gave up on them and started to use 2 dryer bars. One just doesn't do it. I've found the dryer bars last far longer than just 3 months. Also they are far better for the environment.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

frugalers - Eternally, that is a great word! I love it, too!

CircleSlide, outside60 - I don't normally use fabric softener, but I often tear my dryer sheets in half before using them. I figure it reduces the amount of chemicals on the clothes, makes the smell not so heavy and saves a little money, too. And I have reused the dryer sheets at times, like using 2 used ones at once.

penbrat - baking soda? I will have to try that. I understand you can brush your teeth with it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hootmon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Again to many wasted letters. Let's try 'Frogs'

IMSAVED - those plastic toothpaste saver things are great. I have some of those, too. Bet you can buy them at the $ store now, too.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
    I used to reuse them quite often. As they weakened I would use 2 or 3 used ones. Once they started sticking to the clothes, I knew they were finished and threw them out. In the interest of the environment, I gave up on them and started to use 2 dryer bars. One just doesn't do it. I've found the dryer bars last far longer than just 3 months. Also they are far better for the environment.
    Thanks.
    By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
    penbrat - baking soda? I will have to try that. I understand you can brush your teeth with it, too.
    But it doesn't taste very good.

Borax also does a great job on shower walls.
    and to wait for his Son from heaven,
    whom he raised from the deadóJesus,
    who rescues us from the coming wrath
    1 Thessalonians 1:10

When food jars (e.g., like jelly jars) get close to empty, if you store them on their sides it is easier to scoop the last little bits out.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
    I was thinking about getting dryer bars....but what happens when I dry towels? I don't use softener on them because it cuts down on their absorbability...and since the bars are anchored in....I can't use them.
    "Even so, come Lord Jesus, come. Even so....come and take Your Bride away. How my soul longs to be with You, my Lord! Even so, even so, come, Lord Jesus, come!" (Rev. 22:20)...Terry MacAlmon Music Ministries

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
    When food jars (e.g., like jelly jars) get close to empty, if you store them on their sides it is easier to scoop the last little bits out.
    I use a spatula to clean out jelly and peanut butter jars.

Baking soda is good to clean with but be careful if you are going to brush your teeth with it or use it for an anti-acid.It can be really bad if you have high blood pressure.It has a huge amount of sodium in it.

Do yourself a favor and get toothpaste that doesn't have fluoride in it.
    Just google fluoride and you'll see what I mean. You can use baking soda,
    or baking soda and sea salt combined. You don't need very much. It
    cleans well. Try not to swallow if you are avoiding salt content.
    I slit open the tubes, and also drain shampoo bottles upside down over
    another partly full one. Set em up overnight, morning comes, they
    are completely empty. You can slit hand or face lotion tubes the same
    way, lots left in there. If you can't use all the lotion right away when
    you slit the tube, just save a couple small bottles ( like from vitamins
    or something like that) and scoop the contents into that. Waste not,
    want not. Yes, a small nicely flexible spatula works great on getting
    the last little bit out of jars of food. There are some neat books out
    there about using everyday household products for cleaning, etc.
    Well worth the few dollars. Or talk to a grandma, they have lots of
    neat tips.

"Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without."

Handy little phrase that has been around for a while. (Commonly used by "Froogs" )

______