Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirk Cameron's "Monumental"

Default Kirk Cameron's "Monumental"

Kirk Cameron went on GBTV to promote his new movie "Monumental". Theres a whole lot Im having trouble understanding about Kirk and where he is headed with this movie. Sounds kind of dominionists, he rips people who believe the bible and believe in end times prophecy, he goes on Glenn Beck with Marshall Foster, Foster mentions 5000 years, more than once(Mormon author Cleon Skoussens book 5000 year leap keeps coming to mind), the skulls on the pillows on GBs couch, the I AM poster behind him. Would love to hear what you all think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBBGpvVpE90

Romans 16:17-18
    King James Version (KJV)

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
    For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Kirk posted the following on Facebook:

I noticed that some are wondering why I appeared on Glenn Beck's program to talk about my new film MONUMENTAL, and if I understand that he is a Mormon. I wanted to answer these good questions so there are no misunderstandings. I gratefully agreed to be on his program for the same reason I will soon be on CNN, Good Morning America, Today Show, and the rest- to encourage everyone- Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, Mormons, and atheists to see this important documentary on March 27th. All of us have skin in this game. Yes, I understand Glenn is a Mormon and I am not. We talked about that very thing in his office before the program. Please pray for Glenn and his family. I care about them. I hope to continue my friendship with Glenn and others in the media to impact and inspire them with the glorious, victorious, unstoppable gospel.
    I'll be gone when the trumpet sounds,
    Ain't nothing gonna hold me down!
    - Decemberadio, "Believer"

Yea, I saw he posted that on facebook. But it doesnt explain what appears to be a kingdom building movie and his slamming Christians who believe in end times prophecy.
    King James Version (KJV)

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
    For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

I'm not sure he (Kirk Cameron) has totally changed his stance on prophecy, but is playing the "what if" card. It appears to me that he is trying to reach everyone through this documentary, not just the Christians, in order to get us all thinking about the turn our world has taken, and trying to get us all to understand, that we are not powerless, - we have a voice;- and that now is not the time to be silent and just allow the world to fall off a cliff.
    He made mention of a country left alone will invite a new charismatic leader to rise up, which we all knew who he was talking about. I got the impression he was thinking that things could happen prematurely, due to the lack of concern of so many, and then we would be left here to deal with this new leader for a time, who will no doubt sell us into slavery and dictatorship. I agree, the way the world is headed - so much of the world are like sheep being led to slaughter, blindly following whatever direction the world is taking, which is very scary. It is very possible, that as many more eyes are opened to what has happened to our country, more may turn to Christ.

Everything prophesied will happen in God's time. I believe He has accounted for everything that will occur, all the twists and turns, and even those things which some of us may feel is premature. We cannot change prophecy, and while I totally agree that we should not be silent, - that we should continue to fight for our country, - I also know, that God has it all covered, and already knows what He is dealing with.
    Come Lord Jesus and bring us home soon!

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."
    Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV

I may not be perfect, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!

Kirk Cameron is very naive if he thinks society can do a turn-around and return to the "good old days", and that we even have the solution to "fix" it. He even sounded like he thinks we have the power to stop the rise of the antichrist by taking a pro-active stance in reversing society's downhill moral spiral. Well, good luck with that!

His stance might appear to be very noble on the surface but he apparently lacks understanding of basic biblical endtimes prophecy. Did he think that Left Behind movie he was in was just fiction?

I'm very disappointed!
    Hey, Dad......ARE WE THERE YET?

I will watch the movie and make my own decision, if Im able. How will this movie come out? On tv? Rent? Just like everyone should read the Bible and make their own decision if the Bible is the true words of God or not. Unbeleivers only take portion of the Bible they hear and twist the truth. They never took the time to read it throughly. I don't think it would do you any harm to watch the movie to see if it has any truth to it or not. We are Christians and we have Jesus and God's words in our heart to discern on stuff like this.

This is the link to the official trailer. Pretty interesting.
    I am praying for the rapture,- and truly believe by the way things are heading and all that has happened, that Jesus is right at the door. I also have always realized G-d could delay things indefinitely.

I want to go home, but should the Lord tarry, and decide we have to stay a while longer - if our nation could somehow get back on track, at least it would make it more bearable to be here for a while longer. Anything is possible, though from my own limited vision, - it doesn't seem very probable. The good news is, - this documentary will be watched by believers, and non-believers alike. Could very well open some eyes and lead them to Christ.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."

They talked near the end of the clip about when all seems lost someone always swoops in and saves the day. They seem to be aware of a charismatic leader in the endtimes who will lead called the antichrist. The antichrist is not going to be obvious until midway through the trib. Leading up to and including the first 3.5 years of the tribulation the antichrist will appear to be a great leader who is going to fix everything and I believe he will seem a very godly man, mimicking Christlike attributes. Its easy to see how so many will fall into this trap.

What exactly is being saved here? Our country? Our livelihood? Our material possessions? All of these things are going to burn. Seek ye first the kingdom of God. Which kingdom is this movie attempting to save?

Im confused as well. Im hoping this is a means to get the gospel out but Im not holding my breath.
    King James Version (KJV)

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleBerean View Post
    They talked near the end of the clip about when all seems lost someone always swoops in and saves the day. They seem to be aware of a charismatic leader in the endtimes who will lead called the antichrist. The antichrist is not going to be obvious until midway through the trib. Leading up to and including the first 3.5 years of the tribulation the antichrist will appear to be a great leader who is going to fix everything and I believe he will seem a very godly man, mimicking Christlike attributes. Its easy to see how so many will fall into this trap.

What exactly is being saved here? Our country? Our livelihood? Our material possessions? All of these things are going to burn. Seek ye first the kingdom of God. Which kingdom is this movie attempting to save?

Im confused as well. Im hoping this is a means to get the gospel out but Im not holding my breath.
    I know what you mean. I thought of this too, but then something came to me......

His approach in this is actually serving multiple purposes to the glory of G-d. His approach is really ingenious if you think about it.

None of us know the day, the hour, the month, or the year. The rapture of the church could happen today, - and then again, could be ten years or more down the road. We really don't know for sure. G-d's ways are not our ways. He could turn this all around at any time He chooses, if He so chooses.

1. Should the Lord not tarry, and He is at the door, - this film will appeal to believers and non-believers alike. It seems Kirk is making the connection and drawing it out for us, between the difference between "then, when we were prospering and safe, and now, where we are not prosperous and safe". He is helping to make the connection clear, that we may see the difference between what we were doing then as a nation, and what we are doing now, and the results we received of each. This is the only way many non-believers will hunger for more truth. It could also be very good for those left behind, to help them to understand why they were left behind.
    2. Likewise, should the Lord tarry, and we are all called to remain here a while longer, - once again, it will appeal to believers and non-believers alike, helping make the connection between then and now. Our nation needs to do a 180 if we are going to survive much longer. This is the message I received from the short trailer. We have to do a 180, and go back to the principals our nation was founded upon;- and turn our hearts back toward G-d.

I agree that since none of us know the day or the hour, we must fight for our nation, and take it back, rather than just waiting for it to fall off a cliff. Should we have to remain here, - I sure don't want things to be like they are now. Anything could happen! G-d can do all things!

Quote Originally Posted by Praying View Post
    I know what you mean. I thought of this too, but then something came to me......

His approach in this is actually serving multiple purposes to the glory of G-d. His approach is really ingenious if you think about it.

None of us know the day, the hour, the month, or the year. The rapture of the church could happen today, - and then again, could be ten years or more down the road. We really don't know for sure. G-d's ways are not our ways. He could turn this all around at any time He chooses, if He so chooses.

1. Should the Lord not tarry, and He is at the door, - this film will appeal to believers and non-believers alike. It seems Kirk is making the connection and drawing it out for us, between the difference between "then, when we were prospering and safe, and now, where we are not prosperous and safe". He is helping to make the connection clear, that we may see the difference between what we were doing then as a nation, and what we are doing now, and the results we received of each. This is the only way many non-believers will hunger for more truth. It could also be very good for those left behind, to help them to understand why they were left behind.
    2. Likewise, should the Lord tarry, and we are all called to remain here a while longer, - once again, it will appeal to believers and non-believers alike, helping make the connection between then and now. Our nation needs to do a 180 if we are going to survive much longer. This is the message I received from the short trailer. We have to do a 180, and go back to the principals our nation was founded upon;- and turn our hearts back toward G-d.

I agree that since none of us know the day or the hour, we must fight for our nation, and take it back, rather than just waiting for it to fall off a cliff. Should we have to remain here, - I sure don't want things to be like they are now. Anything could happen! G-d can do all things!
    Did you watch the clip of him on Glenn Beck. I agree, what you say is a possibility but is that the case or is more being read into what the movie is about and where Kirk is spiritually?

A lot of people have turned our nation into an idol. God has promised America nothing. So what if we get our country back to being moralistic if it is done without the changing of hearts by salvation through the gospel. If we end up with a nation of high morals and unsaved folk then what? Its a better place to live until the end while the masses head for an eternity in hell?

This world, in this day and age is full of apostasy, ecumenism, and an intense hatred of the gospel. I think it is more likely that this is all part of the great falling away and Kirk is being sucked into the Kingdom Now, NAR, Dominionist, lets-build-a-kingdom-for-Jesus-so-He-can-return crowd.
    King James Version (KJV)

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleBerean View Post
    Did you watch the clip of him on Glenn Beck. I agree, what you say is a possibility but is that the case or is more being read into what the movie is about and where Kirk is spiritually?

A lot of people have turned our nation into an idol. God has promised America nothing. So what if we get our country back to being moralistic if it is done without the changing of hearts by salvation through the gospel. If we end up with a nation of high morals and unsaved folk then what? Its a better place to live until the end while the masses head for an eternity in hell?

This world, in this day and age is full of apostasy, ecumenism, and an intense hatred of the gospel. I think it is more likely that this is all part of the great falling away and Kirk is being sucked into the Kingdom Now, NAR, Dominionist, lets-build-a-kingdom-for-Jesus-so-He-can-return crowd.
    Yes. I did watch the clip of him on Glen Beck. I totally agree with what you're saying there, that being moralistic without the changing of hearts by salvation through Jesus Christ would not save souls. A seed could be planted however, that someone else may water, which would lead someone to Christ.

I have a brother who is about as stubborn as a mule. No one could get through to him, and the more we talked to him about Christ, the more he rebelled and went in the totally opposite direction. It wasn't until someone took a different tack, - a different approach, that he was able to put the pieces together in his intellectual mind, make the connection and come to the decision that yes, Jesus Christ is the son of God, who died for our sins. He then repented, and accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior. Same thing with Neil Armstrong I think it was. He made the tape " Walk on the Moon, Walk with the Son". He visited our church once. Awesome testimony.

Many accept Christ only after they have hit rock-bottom, and there is no place left to turn. There are many in this world who may never hit rock-bottom. Those are the ones who are sometimes the most difficult to reach, and you have to take a different approach and appeal to their reasoning capabilities. This could very well be what our brother Kirk Cameron is doing. There is only One Way to the Father, and that is through the Lord Jesus Christ, however.....there is more than one way to lead others to the cross, and this could be one of them. We'll just have to wait and see.

I like the trailer. Sure we're gonna continue to sink, but we should continue to fight for good until we're called home. That's what I think this movie appears to be about. Don't give up the fight. Continue to wear out your knees and be a light in this world of darkness.
    Tall Timbers

I have not been impressed with what I have seen of Kirk Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    I like the trailer. Sure we're gonna continue to sink, but we should continue to fight for good until we're called home. That's what I think this movie appears to be about. Don't give up the fight. Continue to wear out your knees and be a light in this world of darkness.
    I totally agree!!! Never give up hope!!! Never!!! Yes, Jesus is coming back, but do we just sit in our houses and give up the fight! NO!!!! Jesus may not come back for awhile.....we don't know......we can't get lazy and think oh he is coming in a few years. I will just sit and wait. Fight people! Fight! Pray, give what you can, fast, pray some more.....listen for God's voice! Our great nation is fading.........let's not let it go without a fight!

Quote Originally Posted by IMSAVED View Post
    I have not been impressed with what I have seen of Kirk Cameron.
    No one is perfect! Jesus is perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon9602 View Post
    No one is perfect! Jesus is perfect!
    thank you! He is trying to make a difference and do something! He is a good Christian man.

Quote Originally Posted by 1forChrist View Post
    I totally agree!!! Never give up hope!!! Never!!! Yes, Jesus is coming back, but do we just sit in our houses and give up the fight! NO!!!! Jesus may not come back for awhile.....we don't know......we can't get lazy and think oh he is coming in a few years. I will just sit and wait. Fight people! Fight! Pray, give what you can, fast, pray some more.....listen for God's voice! Our great nation is fading.........let's not let it go without a fight!
    Yes!! I agree!! F I G H T !!! Fight fight fight!! Pray for A M E R I C A!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1forChrist View Post
    thank you! He is trying to make a difference and do something! He is a good Christian man.
    Indeed he is a good Christian man, and I am thankful for his testimony, and all the work he does for the kingdom of God. He is using his resources well, to the glory of Christ. May he and his family be blessed beyond measure.

I think he's a Calvinist, so he's probably not Dispensational and therefore is not looking for a pre-Trib Rapture.

We've had many long discussions here about the danger of Christians linking arms with non-Christians like Beck. We are powered with the Holy Spirit, our *weapons* of warfare are different than the world's.

The reason this thread was moved to Apostasy is for those reasons.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    That is how the trailer came across to me. I think people should see it before condemning it for what "might" be in it.

I am surprised though, I have not seen Kirk Cameron do bad stuff or do unscriptural teachings, so I am not sure what the automatic assumption of this is bad and apostasy is about.
    Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
    12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
    O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
    Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!