Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Kirk Cameron's "Monumental"

Quote Originally Posted by OnceWasLost View Post
    It can stand Angelica, Kirk isn't a bad guy, he is however influenced and potentially susceptible to some things going forward. His project could easily be used to advance things he never intended, we will see.
    I agree
    I stand with Israel, now and forever.
    Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

It can stand Angelica, Kirk isn't a bad guy, he is however influenced and potentially susceptible to some things going forward. His project could easily be used to advance things he never intended, we will see.

Ok. Thank you.
    I didn't know anything about his film or any of the other things mentioned in this thread. Will be praying for Kirk. We are all susceptible to deception and perhaps it is even more so for someone in his position?

I posted a question on Kirk's wall on Facebook. I don't expect to get an answer, but I hope I do.

Dear Kirk, many of your Brothers and Sisters in Christ are confused. I am sure we are all concerned with the decline of values in America, and the fact that God has been "kicked out" of our country. In this respect I applaud your efforts.
    However, many of us were confused by your negative statements about those of us who are pre-tribulationists. None of us believe in just "sitting back" and doing nothing about the problems in our country. Prophecy will be fulfilled, however, no matter what mankind feels about it. Your viewpoint seems to have become something other than pre-trib, yet you were in the "Left Behind Movies". Have you changed to an amillennial or postmillennial view of prophecy?
    I would like to know where you stand on prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by kssunflowers View Post
    I have read the entire thread. Whew!

Want to clarify the Beck skull thing. It is a design from his 1791 clothing line. The skull always has a crown (England) and the design stands for "Death to tyranny" 1791 is when the Bill of Rights was added to the constitution.

The thread has totally opened my eyes to "Americanism". I never thought of it as an idol! Scales falling out of eyes here..
    I didn't know this. I guess anything can be an idol. We just have to make sure our eyes are always first set on God.

I am so anxious to see his response on the Pretrib question...if he answers.

As I recall, after Kirk Cameron made the first Left Behind movie he reportedly "played down" the validity of the Pretrib rapture in interviews.

Although he didn't declare the Rapture to be a lie, he seemed to imply it was only a plot device for an interesting story. I was surprised and disappointed by his dismissive attitude about something so clearly Biblical.

I'm wondering if it's an "actor thing" ..... they frequently try to distance themselves from a character/part for some reason.

JESUS is the Light
    of the world

I have to give him credit for his stand of the gay agenda, but if this Monumental movie is endorsing Masons I do not. I that he really thinks about his stand on this movie.
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Quote Originally Posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
    I have to give him credit for his stand of the gay agenda, but if this Monumental movie is endorsing Masons I do not. I that he really thinks about his stand on this movie.
    I see this thread has been moved to End Times Politics out of Apostasy.
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra17012 View Post
    I posted a question on Kirk's wall on Facebook. I don't expect to get an answer, but I hope I do.
    Very cool, sis! I was hoping someone would ask him personally and give him a chance to be honest and give understanding about some of his comments. I hope he dares to answer you too.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post
    As I recall, after Kirk Cameron made the first Left Behind movie he reportedly "played down" the validity of the Pretrib rapture in interviews.

Although he didn't declare the Rapture to be a lie, he seemed to imply it was only a plot device for an interesting story. I was surprised and disappointed by his dismissive attitude about something so clearly Biblical.

I'm wondering if it's an "actor thing" ..... they frequently try to distance themselves from a character/part for some reason.
    Barb, I remember this as well. He and Ray stated that they wouldn't be taking a stand on eschatology as they had not yet determined what the correct view was.

NR

This movie is supposed to come out on March 27th, but only for one day. Do you think it will be posted on the web so the rest of us can watch it afterwards? What about those people who can't see it on March 27th. How does that all work?

Quote Originally Posted by NarrowRoad View Post
    He and Ray stated that they wouldn't be taking a stand on eschatology as they had not yet determined what the correct view was.

I just don't know what to say. I wonder if it should be unlawful for a teacher and pastor to 'not know' eschatology.

If I recall, ole Hank did the same thing. Then, when he did reveal his end time views, it was clear where Hank Han<blah> and his doctrine stand. Now that you said this, I think "not declaring" is an unconscious smokescreen for doctrine that just is not biblical.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post

I don't know. But when he was on Growing Pains, he was at odds with the cast and crew for refusing to do certain scenes. He wouldn't appear in bed with their nanny, his character's secret girlfriend. He said that as a christian he couldn't promote pre-martial sex. The cast couldn't understand his position, after all it wasn't him, it was his character He also pushed to have the actress playing her fired, because she posed for playboy, and proud of it. (i think it was playboy) All this cost him dearly as an actor.

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:10-11

I have not received a reply yet, no big surprise there.

I had no idea at all that Ray Comfort had made a statement like that about eschatology.

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post

I just don't know what to say. I wonder if it should be unlawful for a teacher and pastor to 'not know' eschatology.

If I recall, ole Hank did the same thing. Then, when he did reveal his end time views, it was clear where Hank Han<blah> and his doctrine stand. Now that you said this, I think "not declaring" is an unconscious smokescreen for doctrine that just is not biblical.
    HIE, it made such an impression on me, it's stuck with me these years later. Your thoughts were the same as mine, at that time. I knew Ray Comfort had been a believer for decades by then. Surely, he'd studied eschatology??? Wow. Shock turned to anger. I haven't listened to them since.

NR

Quote Originally Posted by NarrowRoad View Post
    Barb, I remember this as well. He and Ray stated that they wouldn't be taking a stand on eschatology as they had not yet determined what the correct view was.

NR
    If they dont know or havent determined what correct view is then Kirk shouldnt be so flippant towards the rapture and attack the pretrib position.

Ive noticed that if people havent studied and/or come to a pretrib/premillenium position they can plan on saying such things as "we cant know for sure","the bible really isnt clear on end times events","I wont be taking a stand on eschatology"
    Romans 16:17-18
    King James Version (KJV)

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
    For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleBerean View Post
    If they dont know or havent determined what correct view is then Kirk shouldnt be so flippant towards the rapture and attack the pretrib position.

Ive noticed that if people havent studied and/or come to a pretrib/premillenium position they can plan on saying such things as "we cant know for sure","the bible really isnt clear on end times events","I wont be taking a stand on eschatology"
    Amen!!!
    Or, they have studied it and don't want to lose their audience/viewers?

A former pastor of ours' used the "we can't know for sure" line. He then told us it was because he didn't want to offend anyone in the congregation that held an opposing view. <---this is why he's our former pastor.

NR

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    I think he's a Calvinist, so he's probably not Dispensational and therefore is not looking for a pre-Trib Rapture.

We've had many long discussions here about the danger of Christians linking arms with non-Christians like Beck. We are powered with the Holy Spirit, our *weapons* of warfare are different than the world's.

The reason this thread was moved to Apostasy is for those reasons.
    He's not linking arms with Beck. He's using a media outlet to get the word out about Monumental. I cannot believe this is in Apostasy. Is Kirk Cameron a heretic? NO! Are his views on the end times maybe a little different than yours? Can't tell from this clip, but possibly. Even so, does having a slightly different view on the end times make someone a heretic? NO! What makes someone a brother or sister in Christ is the fundamentals...repentance and faith in Christ. Other things are secondary. Please reconsider labeling someone apostate who is CLEARLY a brother in Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBee777 View Post
    I cannot believe this is in Apostasy. Is Kirk Cameron a heretic? NO! Are his views on the end times maybe a little different than yours? Can't tell from this clip, but possibly. Even so, does having a slightly different view on the end times make someone a heretic? NO! What makes someone a brother or sister in Christ is the fundamentals...repentance and faith in Christ. Other things are secondary. Please reconsider labeling someone apostate who is CLEARLY a brother in Christ.
    *sigh* Posting again for relevancy:

Quote Originally Posted by Jacinth View Post
    No one is questioning Kirk Cameron's salvation.
    No one has said or even implied that Kirk Cameron will not go to heaven.

This seems to always happen in apostasy threads with famous teachers/preachers. Because a false doctrine is called out on someone many people love, everyone must be damning that person to hell.

It clearly says in the sticky titled Read Before Posting in Apostasy:
    These threads are not meant to judge anyone's salvation, as only the Lord should do that, but
    we are watchmen and should alert folks when teachers start roaming along dangerous paths.
    I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
    For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
    no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers. I realize that his salvation is not being called into question; however, apostate means abandonment of one's faith. He has NOT abandoned his faith. Considering that, I am STILL baffled as to why this post is in this board!

I see no "dangerous doctrine", either. He is NOT leading people astray from salvation...so I question the judgement call here. Don't get me wrong...I have learned many things on this forum through the years. I do not post much b/c I am a mother of 3 boys I don't have a lot of time to do much of anything but take care of them! I am just flabbergasted at this post on this board!