Thread: sandwiches for potluck

Default sandwiches for potluck

Next Sunday our church is having a Soup, Sandwiches, and Sweets potluck. I need help thinking of a sandwich idea. I don't want to do chicken salad, ham salad, cold meat (unless it's more than just basic turkey or ham). I've looked online, but I'm nervous about trying something new because I'm afraid it'll taste bad.
    and to wait for his Son from heaven,
    whom he raised from the deadóJesus,
    who rescues us from the coming wrath
    1 Thessalonians 1:10

Why not do do a crock pot full of meatballs and bring some rolls? I'm sure they'll have a place to set up a crock pot if they're serving soups.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" ~ Jim Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by Steph58873 View Post
    Why not do do a crock pot full of meatballs and bring some rolls? I'm sure they'll have a place to set up a crock pot if they're serving soups.
    I've done a crockpot full of pulled pork and brought the rolls. It was a huge hit. I've also made finger sandwhiches- egg salad, tuna salad and peanutbutter and jelly. Chicken salad would make good finger sandwhiches also.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
    I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

Cucumber sandwiches are great! Take the thin sandwich bread, spread with either herb butter or herb cream cheese (dill, chives, pepper, thyme, etc depending on your tastes) and then put thin sliced cucumber. If you have a mandoline, that helps with the slicing. Slice down the middle for finger sandwiches. I made these for a girls night the other day and they were a big hit.

Another good thing to do with thin sandwich bread: Lightly diced boiled egg, bonded with a very little amount of mayo or miracle whip....or some mixture of sour cream, yogurt...salad dressing...and then with watercress on top. These are called egg and cress and there are recipes all over the internet.

Or, get a couple of loaves of long baguette bread. Spread lightly with butter. Put tomato, fresh mozzarella (emphasis on fresh; think caprese salad), a little fresh basil layered across. Slice the baguettes into small sandwiches.

Along those same lines with the baguette, spread with softened brie or camembert cheese. Add cranberry sauce, then add thick sliced roasted turkey breast.

On sourdough: thick sliced smoked cheddar, with sliced tomato. Or cheddar with pickled onions, or pickled banana peppers or jalapenos. Use a smoky or spicy or grainy mustard.

Thanks (my daughter is named Rebekah )

Some of those sound really good.
    and to wait for his Son from heaven,
    whom he raised from the deadóJesus,
    who rescues us from the coming wrath
    1 Thessalonians 1:10