Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gog Spirit Surfaces By Terry James

Hybrid View

Default Gog Spirit Surfaces By Terry James

Gog Spirit Surfaces

“Prophetic progression,” as Todd Strandberg terms it, continues at a pace that is astonishing. Prophecy might not be being “fulfilled” as most seminary-trained students of eschatology would have it. None who understand Bible prophecy from the premillennial, pretribulational view, however, deny that things foretold by Jesus and the prophets are being set up on the end-times stage for what looks to be not-too-distant fulfillment.

Even the most reserved among the pretrib seminary scholars sometimes admit that Israel being back in the promised land and at the center of worldwide controversy might just possibly be prophecy in the process of being fulfilled. Only slightly less profound than Israel’s being at stage center are developments afoot with regard to the area of ancient Persia, now called Iran. Hard on the prophetic coattail of those developments are the tremendous changes that have taken place in Russia and the coming to power of a “really spooky dude,” as I’ve heard him called in one form or the other over recent months and years. I refer, of course, to Vladimir Putin–the just-elected–or would that be reelected—president of Russia.

Putin, as prime minister, recently made the following statement about Israel’s feared military action against Iran’s nuclear development facilities. "Without a doubt, Russia is concerned about the growing threat of a military strike on this country. If this happens the fallout would be truly catastrophic."

The statement actually seems tempered by diplomatic buffering, considering some of the more bellicose rhetoric coming from the Russian strongman in his ongoing career engineering over the years as he has grabbed for absolute control. Putin’s voracious hunger for power on the world stage is seen in his overshadowing then- President Dmitry Medvedev's presence as Russian leader. Just days before winning the Sunday, March 4, election, Putin set future Russian policy in hardened rhetoric, making it clear who was and is boss.

He used a bit of cold war-type bluster–but with nuance that veiled the threat--in flexing his pre-election muscles, as illustrated in this excerpt of his words from a week ago:

In Monday's article, Putin again criticized the U.S.-led plans for a NATO missile defense system in Europe, saying it's aimed against Russian nuclear forces. "The Americans are obsessed with the idea of ensuring absolute invulnerability for themselves, which is utopian and unfeasible from both technological and geopolitical points of view," he said. "An absolute invulnerability for one means an absolute vulnerability for all the others. It's impossible to accept such a prospect." (Vladimir Isachenkov, "Putin Warns West over Syria, Iran, Moscow," Associated Press, 2/28/12. Thanks to Jonathan Stettin for news items.)

Putin has come down hard on American diplomatic involvement in backing the Arab Spring agenda, using invective against U.S. State Department moves to try to raise his standing with the Russian electorate. He and his campaign apparatus have been particularly angry sounding about any threats of the Western alliance’s threat to remove Syrian President Bashar al-Assad from power.

Russia has strategically placed missile-carrying ships in waters near Syrian territory, backing with military threat Putin’s tough talk about securing the Assad regime. When surveying the overall actions and interactions undertaken by this unusual man who has just assumed the Russian presidency for the second time, one who studies Bible prophecy from a futurist perspective must raise an eyebrow of realization–or at least of suspicion. Ezekiel, chapters 38 and 39, of course, come to the forefront of supposition and postulation. Vladimir Putin’s future role in Mideast and world politics must by the very weight and volume of its probabilities be a matter of extreme fascination, not mere curiosity.

The great prophetic book of Revelation presents a hellish angel–a spirit—that will, during the Tribulation, ascend from the bottomless pit. His name is Abaddon, as given in Hebrew, and Apollyon in the Greek language. Daniel the prophet mentioned a powerful angel called “the Prince of Persia” who caused all sorts of troubles to be inflicted upon Daniel’s people, the Israelites who were in Babylonian captivity. Ezekiel foretold an evil spirit of the ancient region that is present-day Russia that will at a time near Christ’s return inhabit a leader who will lead a coalition of armies against God’s chosen nation. That evil one is called “Gog.”

With so many signals on the prophetic horizon indicating the Church Age is in the process of being brought to a wind-up, it isn’t unreasonable to surmise that the evil being held back by the hand of God might be very near the time of release. Certainly the one called Gog must not be too far below the surface in these troubling, although exciting, days.

Terry

http://www.raptureready.com/rap16.html
    For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. (First Thessalonians 5:9-11)

I have been a prophecy student for over 30 years. I am 99.9 percent sure that Putin is Gog, the chief prince of Meshik and Tubal. The evil I see in this man's eyes give me chills. The only other eyes I have ever seen like his, belonged to Hitler. Bible prophecy is being fulfilled right before our eyes. Buckle your ejection seat seat belts.

Quote Originally Posted by Time4me2fly View Post
    I have been a prophecy student for over 30 years. I am 99.9 percent sure that Putin is Gog, the chief prince of Meshik and Tubal. The evil I see in this man's eyes give me chills. The only other eyes I have ever seen like his, belonged to Hitler. Bible prophecy is being fulfilled right before our eyes. Buckle your ejection seat seat belts.
    Agreed.
    http://rr-bb.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2301&dateline=1357777  734
    I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
    Psalm 16:8 KJV

I've had him pegged (in my own mind) as Gog for a few years.

Mmmm...careful folks...Putin is a man that is leading a country. Albeit, it seems like Putin is backing Iran, however Gog is the Beast, or the A/C, who comes against Israel (Ezekiel 38:17). We need to be careful who we assign to perdition, IMO. Only God knows who Gog is.
    Jesus you are my rescue!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4God View Post
    Mmmm...careful folks...Putin is a man that is leading a country. Albeit, it seems like Putin is backing Iran, however Gog is the Beast, or the A/C, who comes against Israel (Ezekiel 38:17). We need to be careful who we assign to perdition, IMO. Only God knows who Gog is.
    Not trying to argue with you, but where does it say that gog and the anti-christ are the same? The anti-christ is possessed by the satan. I've never seen gog called satan, anywhere in the bible. I may have missed it, but i've never seen it. Gog is one of satan's generals. As God has Michael assigned to Israel, the enemy has gog assigned to Meshik and Tubal. Gog's invasion fails, the anti-christ seems to suceed in his wars until the final Battle of Armageddon. Rev 13:4 asks who can make war with him, where as gog is defeated in Ezekiel's war.

Now i agree that we should be careful who we assign to perdition. But this man is evil. I've suspected him as gog since he first became president of Russia. Though i don't know that he is. We do know that gog will lead the invasion in Ezekiel chapters 38 and 39. When President Bush said that he looked into the man's eyes, and saw a friend, i . I see the cold lifeless eyes, that remind me of a shark when it feeds. And yes he does have the same look in his eyes as Hitler did, IMHO.

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:10-11

Gog is not the Beast from Revelation or the antichrist. Two separate men and events.

Putin does appear that he could very well be Gog, but I wouldn't say that with 100% certainty.

Gog is the leader of Magog. A completely different person from the AC. Although Gog will come to a bad end during the war - he appears to die unrepentant, his armies will be buried in Israel. but the Ezekiel 38-39 is not Armageddon. Ezekiel 38-39 only wakens Israel back up, they are not saved at that point and time.

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bibl...og/#more-30585
    The Battle of Ezekiel 38-39 is the event God uses to bring Israel back into covenant with Him (Ezekiel 39:22) which is necessary for the 70th Week of Daniel to begin. By comparing the references to Gog and Magog from Ezekiel 38 with those in Rev. 20:8 you can see they’re not the same. In Ezekiel 38 Gog and Magog lead a specific group of nations to attack Israel while others watch from the sidelines or are not involved at all. But in Rev. 20 the reference to Gog and Magog refers to the whole Earth outside of Israel.
    Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
    12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
    O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
    Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

No, Gog is not the beast nor the anti-christ. There is nothing in the Bible that says that. Gog is simply the leader of the Russians who leads the Gog/Magog War of Ezekiel 38-39.

The present pope has creepy eyes too he is mega creepy

Does anyone else think that Gog is a high ranking fallen angel? He is called the chief prince. The prince of Persia is a demonic entity, and Michael is referred to as the Price of Israel. Also, Gog will also be present in the last battle at the end of the millenium. I doubt that Putin will live another 1000+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by araj54 View Post
    Does anyone else think that Gog is a high ranking fallen angel? He is called the chief prince. The prince of Persia is a demonic entity, and Michael is referred to as the Price of Israel. Also, Gog will also be present in the last battle at the end of the millenium. I doubt that Putin will live another 1000+ years.
    I've read this before. It is possible that Gog is a demonic spirit that indwells a man. We know that from the text in Ezekiel 39 Gog is buried as a man.

Great article
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Quote Originally Posted by araj54 View Post
    I'm with you I think Gog is a fallen angel or demonic entity that empowers/influences/possesses one man. And this entity is the prince of three earthly realms.

Eze 38:3 "and say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I [am] against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal.

This fallen angel or demonic entity, G-d calls "Gog" exerts demonic influence again at the end of the millennium, here.

Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom [is] as the sand of the sea.

The bolded part is mine as the Bible says Gog and Magog, not Gog of Magog so I often wonder if there is really more than one entity exerting influence on the leader who attacks Israel in Eze 38. The best precedent for this is the man at the Gadarenes. I shudder to imagine his torment.

Mar 5:9 Then He asked him, “What is your name?” And he answered, saying, “My name is Legion; for we are many.”

I agree. I am so ready to go home! I'd just as soon watch the remaining of this from sky view!
    Come Lord Jesus and bring us home soon!

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."
    Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV

I may not be perfect, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!

great article. This evening one of my high school age daughters told me that she's heard conversations in school where the folks chatting expect Russia and other nations to invade and destroy Israel. She mentioned Ezekiel 38 to me and says she just laughs to herself when she hears that kind of talk because she knows that yes, it's gonna happen, and no the results won't be what the people discussing it think it will be.

It interested me that secular kids see this coming...
    Tall Timbers

Its interesting to me like what was said above, that even high school kids can see this coming, why then cant our own government see it? And if people can see it, why do they then choose to ignore the truth when you tell them the Bible predicted it thousands of years ago? How can you acknowledge the truth while at the same time ignore it so completly? I just dont get it.
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Bingo! That is called hermanuetics, or using Scripture to interpret Scripture. I posted the verse reference in my OP...Ezekiel 38:17. God speaks of Gog as someone that has been mentioned in Scripture already...

Thus says the Lord God: “Are you he of whom I have spoken in former days by My servants the prophets of Israel, who prophesied for years in those days that I would bring you against them?
    The Beast, The A/C has over 50 titles in Scripture. Many of the OT prophets spoke about him, including Isaiah, Daniel, Zechariah and Jeremiah. When the Lord speaks to Gog and asks him if he is the one spoken of by the prophets, who else can He be referring to? Ezekiel 38 and 39 are the only time in Scripture that Gog is mentioned outside of Revelation 20 (again there in reference to Satan and his leaders).

btw, if you look at some older commentaries, Matthew Henry, for e.g, and some before the 20th century, or early 20th, they assign Gog as "The Assyrian" spoken of in Daniel. This is not a new theory guys...it is simply how I see the passage. I believe that prophecy is shown in patterns, foreshadowings and multiple fulfillments. Ezekiel 38 & 39, IMO, is a major portion of end times prophecy and we should study it often as prophecy unfolds, as it can become even clearer as we see that day approaching.
    Jesus you are my rescue!

this is from the article posted btw...

The great prophetic book of Revelation presents a hellish angel–a spirit—that will, during the Tribulation, ascend from the bottomless pit. His name is Abaddon, as given in Hebrew, and Apollyon in the Greek language. Daniel the prophet mentioned a powerful angel called “the Prince of Persia” who caused all sorts of troubles to be inflicted upon Daniel’s people, the Israelites who were in Babylonian captivity. Ezekiel foretold an evil spirit of the ancient region that is present-day Russia that will at a time near Christ’s return inhabit a leader who will lead a coalition of armies against God’s chosen nation. That evil one is called “Gog.”

With so many signals on the prophetic horizon indicating the Church Age is in the process of being brought to a wind-up, it isn’t unreasonable to surmise that the evil being held back by the hand of God might be very near the time of release. Certainly the one called Gog must not be too far below the surface in these troubling, although exciting, days.
    You know what, I did not read the entire article posted by Terry James, but I decided to back and do so. I am pretty much saying the same thing here guys. I have always believed that Gog is a spiritual entity that indwells a man at the end. I tried to say that in 2 posts, yet the OP is based on this theory, by a Rapture Ready author. Interesting...
    Jesus you are my rescue!

this is from the article posted btw...

You know what, I did not read the entire article posted by Terry James, but I decided to back and do so. I am pretty much saying the same thing here guys. I have always believed that Gog is a spiritual entity that indwells a man at the end. I tried to say that in 2 posts, yet the OP is based on this theory, by a Rapture Ready author. Interesting...
    No, you aren't saying the same thing as Terry... Terry is stating there are three separate spirits. You are stating the AC and Gog are the same. You do understand that the AC will not be indwelt by a demon, right? The antichrist will be indwelt by Satan himself.