Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's up? - Frank's Question/Answer thread

Default What's up? - Frank's Question/Answer thread

hi ev-er-re-body.
    im frank, and im born again, TYJ!!!!!!!!!!
    im in SE PA and....im a carpenter, musician, cruise my CJ7 and play baseball.

i just found this board, and again....ThankYouJesus !!!

{Mod Snip}

Hi Frank! Welcome. We are glad to have a believer in Jesus to find us.

Just a head's up though. Our language here is pretty decent and we try to speak respectfully to each other.. Not a fan of the words p***d off. Maybe you mean you hope you do not butt heads too often.
    Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
    12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
    O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
    Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

Never mind about the comment now. Mod got to that

Pre-Flood!

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

How did you come to know Christ, Frank?

What changes has He made in your life?

Also for your edification we're a PG-12 board and don't use much slang talk here except in certain circumstances and we never use terms or phrases that are uncouth.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Well anyway, are you a carpenter by trade or just dabble?

We love to hear everyone's testimony on how they met Jesus, we like to celebrate in becoming a child of God.

ETA Well, I am slow this morning, I did not see that Steve beat me to it.

Pre-Flood!

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Smile

Welcome, nice to meet you.

thx guys!! ...and sry mods

i found Jesus at about the time i became *fully 49*...lol

i was born/raised catholic, which meant that i went to church every sunday/holydays/etc....went to a jesuit prep H/school..
    then i quit religion for like 30 yrs...well not really quit, just quit bein a catholic

anyhoo....kinda just went thru a divorce and the entire experience brought me much closer to God...i found myself saying *smart* things, and being *wise* about stuff, which...brought me closer to God, somehow. <<DUH/LOL During this time i wrote a song with a guy, and he was very pleased and kinda bewildered seeing his 'carpenter' sit down at the piano (which im NOT trained) and sing the song i wrote with his words. He asked how i did that? i told him, "its not me, man, its God. God has blessed me." And it kinda seemed as if from that point, the Holy Spirit began really influencing my life...but i would not fully come to realize that until maybe a yr later.

after posing many questions about the Bible (which is THE ONLY BOOK i said i wanted to read for tha last 30 yrs, but didnt), i was informed that i have to *invite* Jesus and the Holy Spirit into my life for Them to come.
    I did.
    They did. >>>>>>>> I win.

fwiw, >>>wear a big ol gold cross around my neck for the last 17 yrs
    some think b/c i wear it that i *worship* it. yea, rite. dont make me come over there!

brb/ttyl......time to make the donuts. xoxo

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by frankthomson View Post
    thx guys!! ...and sry mods .....
    Frank, it may just be your phrasing or something else altogether but it appears at the very least you'll benefit from the fellowship here.

A hint of the things to maybe discover? - "They" are One.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

i was born/raised catholic, which meant that i went to church every sunday/holydays/etc....went to a jesuit prep H/school..
    then i quit religion for like 30 yrs...well not really quit, just quit bein a catholic
    With all joking aside Frank,

Please explain how you get saved.

How/why did you leave the catholic church?

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    With all joking aside Frank,

Please explain how you get saved.

How/why did you leave the catholic church?
    srsly, thx. and please try to deal with my abbreviations. im in a txt wrld so i abbreviate everything.
    sry. ill try not to. xoxo

and thx for asking specific questions. i need that.
    i hated the cathchurch (we'll call it CC, k?)....
    and ya know when i think it started...when they told me to *keep it down b/c i was singing too loud* when i was in the choir, maybe age 12.
    true story. the church was the size of newjersey and they told ME to keep it down. ...srsly??

aside from their very narrow beliefs, extreme rules, and silly rituals (IMO), i never felt any specific teachings were aimed at John3:16 or John 14:6 or similar

seems like they treaded it with the same intensity as any given parable

srsly, thx. and please try to deal with my abbreviations. im in a txt wrld so i abbreviate everything.
    sry. ill try not to. xoxo

and thx for asking specific questions. i need that.
    i hated the cathchurch (we'll call it CC, k?)....
    and ya know when i think it started...when they told me to *keep it down b/c i was singing too loud* when i was in the choir, maybe age 12.
    true story. the church was the size of newjersey and they told ME to keep it down. ...srsly??

aside from their very narrow beliefs, extreme rules, and silly rituals (IMO), i never felt any specific teachings were aimed at John3:16 or John 14:6 or similar

seems like they treaded it with the same intensity as any given parable
    Singing too loud is your story?
    Hate is such a strong word, what did you put in the place of Catholicism?

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Welcome to the board Frank.

You will find we are a friendly bunch.

There is one thing though.

Can you please stop abbreviating your posts. English is not my first language (I learnt it when I was five years old), and I find it difficult enough as it is without you using text language in your posts.

Thanks in advance Frank.
    Isaiah 43:1-3 Romans 10:9 John 6:35 John 6:40

thx guys!! ...and sry mods

anyhoo....kinda just went thru a divorce and the entire experience brought me much closer to God...i found myself saying *smart* things, and being *wise* about stuff, which...brought me closer to God, somehow. <<DUH/LOL During this time i wrote a song with a guy, and he was very pleased and kinda bewildered seeing his 'carpenter' sit down at the piano (which im NOT trained) and sing the song i wrote with his words. He asked how i did that? i told him, "its not me, man, its God. God has blessed me." And it kinda seemed as if from that point, the Holy Spirit began really influencing my life...but i would not fully come to realize that until maybe a yr later.

after posing many questions about the Bible (which is THE ONLY BOOK i said i wanted to read for tha last 30 yrs, but didnt), i was informed that i have to *invite* Jesus and the Holy Spirit into my life for Them to come.
    I did.
    They did. >>>>>>>> I win.

fwiw, >>>wear a big ol gold cross around my neck for the last 17 yrs
    some think b/c i wear it that i *worship* it. yea, rite. dont make me come over there!

brb/ttyl......time to make the donuts. xoxo
    and dont wanna sound pompous here..^^^...
    just so we strait>> ALL GLORY GOES TO GOD. ALL GLORY COMES FROM GOD. I AM NOTHING WITHOUT GOD/JESUS/HS. AMEN.

AFA music; i've written quite a few songs over my lifetime, and some u play often and some u TOTALLY forget. no joke.
    and sometimes when i play them, first off i forget them and often have to look foir the words and chords. i think to myself, huh??? really?
    makes me wonder how can i forget my song?..i wrote it rite??
    and then hearing the song that I WROTE?????...hahaha...i did not write this!...its too good....waaaaaaayy too good for me to have written.
    and i HONESTLY KNOW i'm just a bystander...ONLY a conduit....i'm YOUR vehicle, baby!...lol
    we can open the phone book and sing a song. its Godly. Its from God. Its OF God. .....and i gets goosebumbs!

Quote Originally Posted by live2love View Post

Can you please stop abbreviating your posts. English is not my first language (I learnt it when I was five years old), and I find it difficult enough as it is without you using text language in your posts.

Thanks in advance Frank.
    correct

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?2-Bo...-Posting-on-RR

[23] No posting in foreign languages. This is an English speaking board, please communicate in English, type proper english with correct letters, use a dictionary when necessary. Greek and Hebrew words are an exception for clarifying scripture. Any other foreign words must be associated with their definition. Informal writing is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    Singing too loud is your story?
    Hate is such a strong word, what did you put in the place of Catholicism?
    No. Singing too loud is not my story.
    I though my *singing too loud* story was kind-of a funny quip as to my frustration with the Catholic Church.

And, yes, *hate* is a strong word. I am sometimes guilty of using the incorrect word. I'm smart, but I'm not perfect. I'm sure you've noticed.
    To be completely accurate, I'm highly agitated at the Catholic Church because of their seemingly intentional non-use of The Holy Bible.
    I can't say ignorance. I can't say disregard. But I feel safe in saying non-use. Instead of telling me what it says in The Bible, they'd rather tell me
    about what Mother Theresa did, or St.Augustine, or what St.Whoever said.

And I guess I replaced Catholicism with Rock-N-Roll.

Quote Originally Posted by live2love View Post

Thanks in advance Frank.
    Sorry.
    Noted.

Welcome to RR, frankthomson.

I was going to say that I wasn't able to decipher your posts, but it looks like you're working out of that.
    Tall Timbers

No. Singing too loud is not my story.
    I though my *singing too loud* story was kind-of a funny quip as to my frustration with the Catholic Church.

And, yes, *hate* is a strong word. I am sometimes guilty of using the incorrect word. I'm smart, but I'm not perfect. I'm sure you've noticed.
    To be completely accurate, I'm highly agitated at the Catholic Church because of their seemingly intentional non-use of The Holy Bible.
    I can't say ignorance. I can't say disregard. But I feel safe in saying non-use. Instead of telling me what it says in The Bible, they'd rather tell me
    about what Mother Theresa did, or St.Augustine, or what St.Whoever said.

And I guess I replaced Catholicism with Rock-N-Roll.
    I was hoping you would tie into your conversion testimony, turning from catholicism to rock & roll?