Thread: Top Saudi Religious Official Calls for 'Destruction of All Churches'

Default Top Saudi Religious Official Calls for 'Destruction of All Churches'

Sheikh Abdul Aziz Al-Asheikh, the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, the highest official of religious law in the Sunni country, reportedly declared this week that it is "necessary to destroy all the churches" in the region, implying that no other religion besides Islam will be tolerated on the Arabian Peninsula -- as there are currently no churches in Saudi Arabia.

Al-Asheikh made the statement Monday during a meeting with a delegation of a Kuwait-based NGO, Society of the Revival of Islamic Heritage, in response to a question of what Shariah law says about building churches, reported an Arabic Christian publication, Linga.org.

The question was a reference to a recent controversial statement by a Kuwaiti member of parliament who reportedly called for the "removal" of churches. The MP reportedly specified later that he merely meant that no churches should be built in Kuwait. In February, a legislation was introduced in the parliament to remove Christian churches from Kuwait and impose Islamic law, according to Catholic News Service. Party officials said later the legislation would not remove the churches but prohibit further construction of Christian churches and non-Muslim places of worship in the country.

Saudi Arabia is a country that is officially 100 percent Muslim, and other religions are forbidden. Nevertheless, a small minority of Christians is known to worship there, unofficially. According to one 2008 estimate, there were 800,000 Catholics living in Saudi Arabia at the time. Although there are no official church buildings, Christians are allowed to worship at homes and some other designated buildings.
    http://www.christianpost.com/news/sa...hurches-71506/

"A double minded man
    is unstable in all his ways."

James 1:8

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Maybe its subtile now,

but do you notice how the only "chrsitian" persecution in arab countries is of RCC or Greek Orthodox.....
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Maybe its subtile now,

but do you notice how the only "chrsitian" persecution in arab countries is of RCC or Greek Orthodox.....
    I don't know what to think about the Saudi Arabia. Most of me says we cannot trust them, but yet they are our allies in some respect?? Just don't know.. Calling for the destruction of all churches doesn't seem to be friendly advice...
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

What many fail to realize is just where did Bin Laden come from?

Guess?

If you said Iran ..... wrong!

Try Saudi.

So long as the money comes in to fund the growth of islam, the leadership of Saudi will stay in power.

Besides Mecca and Medina are in Saudi.

Remember; in islam the ends justify the means. Lie, steal, murder, purge.... all blessed by allah if it furthers his kingdom.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    What many fail to realize is just where did Bin Laden come from?

Guess?

If you said Iran ..... wrong!

Try Saudi.

So long as the money comes in to fund the growth of islam, the leadership of Saudi will stay in power.

Besides Mecca and Medina are in Saudi.

Remember; in islam the ends justify the means. Lie, steal, murder, purge.... all blessed by allah if it furthers his kingdom.

All good points... I just don't trust them. I know they gave Israel a fly-over path to Iran, but then thats a Shiite/Sunni/Nuclear thing... I just get the feeling they are like a pawn shop owner, barter the right bid and you got it, don't like the price then leave...
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Saudi has F-15s too.

And it would not be out of character, that while the IAF was off on a secret plan to hit Iran,

Saudi jets do an undercut and hit the airfields and infrastructure of Israel proper.

Not to mention loitering KC tankers are stiing ducks.......

Bibi is right. if Israel goes, she goes alone.

OliveOilMom Guest

Being American it's very hard for me to comprehend the fact that some people don't have freedom of religion. I just cannot understand how Christians, or Jews, or Buddhists or Athiests even, would hurt the Muslims over there, or even Islam itself. Religion is personal, and I think it's wrong for any government to get involved in any religion, even if the government mandated that an entire country be Christian. Mandating what religion can be practiced doesn't make people believe in something or stop believing in something. If the US passed a law that Christianity couldn't be precticed here, it certainly wouldn't stop us from believing in Jesus or worshipping Him, just as if they passed a law that Islam or Judaism or Wicca etc couldn't be practiced, it wouldn't stop those believers from worshipping in private as they choose.

I think it's just crazy for governments to try and mandate personal beliefs. It doesn't work and never has.

The problem is that with islam,

it mandates obedience or death.

And since the opposition over the years has been silenced.....

the survivors believe.

Christianity leaves such final judgement to God. The only one capable of judging the hearts of men.

Next picture of islam. A group of other believers are in the same room with a muslim.
    They in an act of compassion, respect, amd mercy plead with the muslim to live in peace with them.
    The mulsim says sure! then steps out of the room. He returns with a grenade and tells them to convert. They do not.

The muslim believes that when the grenade explodes and rends them to pieces, he is instanly rewarded with Paradise, where as the blaspheming infidels are sent to flames and torment.

I personally pray for muslims, for outreaches to muslims, that their eys are open to the blatant antichrist of islam: God has no Son.

As for governments, they need to understand the power of faith especially when misplaced in a satan inspired religion.
    We need to deal shrudely with islamic governments, all the while keeping it out of our own.
    In America you are free to believe, but not every belief is sutible for service.

Default it has

Quote Originally Posted by OliveOilMom View Post
    Being American it's very hard for me to comprehend the fact that some people don't have freedom of religion. I just cannot understand how Christians, or Jews, or Buddhists or Athiests even, would hurt the Muslims over there, or even Islam itself. Religion is personal, and I think it's wrong for any government to get involved in any religion, even if the government mandated that an entire country be Christian. Mandating what religion can be practiced doesn't make people believe in something or stop believing in something. If the US passed a law that Christianity couldn't be precticed here, it certainly wouldn't stop us from believing in Jesus or worshipping Him, just as if they passed a law that Islam or Judaism or Wicca etc couldn't be practiced, it wouldn't stop those believers from worshipping in private as they choose.

I think it's just crazy for governments to try and mandate personal beliefs. It doesn't work and never has.
    Actually in most cases government using religion to control the masses has worked until Christianity, Why do you think Rome got behind the Christian movement, they started to loss control and to get that power back they created the Roman Church which was paganism masked as Christianity. just to show you other state religions, China----Buddism, India--Hinduism, Iran, Saudi Arabia---muslim, Japan---Shinto and Buddism---Most of Europe is now Roman Catholic, All of South America is Roman Catholic and same with Africa, very few areas are true Christian areas U.S.A, England, Austrilia and a few African countries, but most of all the other countries all use religion as a way to control and it has worked for centuries. In most of the Countries that do have state relgion you will find small minorioty of true Christian but they have to hid in fear of their lives in most case except Japan and a few other countries but the people are always welcoming
    Last edited by trandraskell; March 16th, 2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: added point
    This righteousness is given through faith in[h] Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. (Romans 3:22-24 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by OliveOilMom View Post
    Being American it's very hard for me to comprehend the fact that some people don't have freedom of religion.
    Islam is a religion of death, it doesn't share your concerns.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.