Thread: I have noticed a trend lately when it comes to " atheist "

Default I have noticed a trend lately when it comes to " atheist "

I have noticed that a good percentage of them are not atheist at all , but they seem to believe in the New Age cult that brings aliens
    into the discussion of the origins of man. I find this really hypocritical seeming that they will be the 1st to call christian's followers of fairytales..
    It gets pretty deep with some of these New Age beliefs , even connecting Christ himself in with their beliefs..Here is a link just for a little reading up
    on these guys and how scary , atleast to me , they really are..

http://www.christianlibrary.org.au/c.../cults/17.html

Atheists only spout words, they often don't even believe what they are spouting. Remove all the self aggrandizing, all the thoughts of superior intellect and training, all the pride that comes with a smidgen of knowledge, and what you are left with is a silly little scared human, speaking boastful words. Turn them around and you'll find all kinds of "possibilities" of explaining this world, as your article shows. I even see commercials for shows that go into detail of what "we" should do in preparing for our "first encounter" with extra terrestrials. In other words, they are open to any explanation, that is except the one that says there is a very personal God, one who knows their name, one who will call them to account. Yep, thats the one they refuse to believe, all other paths are available.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

I binged "maietrea" (spelling?) a short while ago after reading about that on another thread. Millions of hits. One of the descriptions I saw indicated that people of all religions have been looking for/waiting for the maietrea but know him by different names. I felt defensive immediately and then saw that Christians are said to know him by the name of Jesus... Seems that the majority will accept just about anything except the truth.
    Tall Timbers

I have found also that most atheists are not really atheists. they are God haters. They are really mad at Someone they say they do not believe in. Go figure.

Yeah, New Age, "Wiccans", pluralists fit them better as a description than atheist. I have only met a couple of true atheists ever. They are not arrogant, they truly do not care, one way or the other, if there is or is not a God. They do not hate anyone, they don't care if you pray in public or schools or where ever. Nor do they care if you put the 10 Commandments up and they do not feel threatened by a Christian, or any other religion practicing it's beliefs.

The ones we see on the internet and on TV, they are scared. Terrified we are right. They do not care about Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus or any other religion outside of Christianity and Jews. These modern "atheists" only hate and despise us. To me, they fit perfect the profile of those, after the rapture, who will start out wanting to kill Christians and Jews. And do it right now.

In fact, I have talked to several on fb that declare, that all the problems, murders rapes and everything wrong with the world is either Christians or Jews fault. And that we should all be rounded up or at the very least, legally silenced so we cannot ever talk about Jesus. Now that kind of hate is creepy.
    Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
    12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
    O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
    Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post
    Atheists only spout words, they often don't even believe what they are spouting. Remove all the self aggrandizing, all the thoughts of superior intellect and training, all the pride that comes with a smidgen of knowledge, and what you are left with is a silly little scared human, speaking boastful words. Turn them around and you'll find all kinds of "possibilities" of explaining this world, as your article shows. I even see commercials for shows that go into detail of what "we" should do in preparing for our "first encounter" with extra terrestrials. In other words, they are open to any explanation, that is except the one that says there is a very personal God, one who knows their name, one who will call them to account. Yep, thats the one they refuse to believe, all other paths are available.
    Yes, atheists claim to believe in no God, but they have formed communions with symbols and meanings and a profound hatred for specifically Christianity. Could it be they are finding mutual security in their intense fear and hatred of what they know to be true deep inside? Are they using their "intelligence" to justify and console their insecurity? Why do they attack Jesus so blatantly but seem to ignore Buddha and Allah? They call themselves truth seekers, but that is only within the context of what THEY deem acceptable. Why attack what ISN'T there? Oh, I believe they know God is there, but some childhood scar or magnified sense of self prevents them from thinking rationally about the Lord.
    One Day Closer

Evolution and aliens...

Somehow it's easier to believe in them than proven prophecy and the Truth within.

Go figure.
    I accept nothing from man as truth...
    only that, One is the truth. (John 14-6)

Pre-Flood/Pre-Trib (Genesis 5-24)

It's more comfortable for an unbeliever to claim a belief "superior" to ours as opposed to simply labeling themselves with the more indefensible label "atheist".

Take Maitreya. Please!

The Maitreya concept has a Hindu flavor but the nonbeliever can claim that Maitreya is "who all (seekers) are looking for". As TT said, they think we ignorant Christians are only capable of seeing this "more perfect and all-unifying, overarching saviour" (my terminology) as "the Christ". This effectively casts Maitreya as almost the "Chief Saviour" or "Supervisory Saviour" - though his adherents never use those phrases.