Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone feel like you don't fit in with the world and church anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by ladylinda View Post
    i don't fit in anywhere...even here.
    This is simply how I feel most of the time. I've been a member of RR for ages but don't post much. I've watched folks come and go. I'm secure in my faith, I know I BELONG to Jesus, but this world just seems more painful to live in every day. The last post I made was in a thread that no longer exists and it was about not wanting to go to church. I let go with a lot of stuff in that post about my experience with the last church I attended and how I felt that the pastor used and manipulated people. I guess I have a tendency to say too much on the rare occasions that I do venture to even say anything. I think I lack a filter between the brain and mouth at times. Anyway, thanks to those of you who reached out to try to reassure me that I'm cared for. I know we're all 'family', but even that isn't a safe subject for me these days...

see what i mean? i'm a thread-killer...

No, you're not, i am.

It seems that God is making me more and more out of sync with this world.
    I enjoy the pleasures that the world has to offer less and less.
    It's as if they just don't matter in hte light of what Jesus has done, does and will do for us.
    I am just glad to be His.

I just want you to know I am a happy to be a member of the don't fit in club. I don't want to be like everyone else. I have worked hard to be different thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks View Post
    I just want you to know I am a happy to be a member of the don't fit in club. I don't want to be like everyone else. I have worked hard to be different thank you.
    I agree! We are to be pleasing our lives for God, and not worrying how many people like us. I can assure you the world will not because we don't march to the same drum beat. Personally, I really want to hear the trumpet.
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Would it help you to know that nearly everyone feels like a thread-killer and don't feel like they belong anywhere, perhaps even here?

2 Timothy 4:16
    At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them.
    None of us are immune from feeling, and actually being, isolated, alone, deserted. Sometimes, I have to say things and I can feel all the doors shutting around me, with me left holding the bag? Sometimes we all get attacked and we just don't even know how to respond, many of us are not equipped to defend ourselves, theres a reason why we came to the Lord for many of us, we didn't belong anywhere else.

However, I have chosen to look at life like this:

Luke 23:34
    Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
    Even the Lord knew what it felt like, yet He knew other things, things like He knew all men who would come to Him would be in unity with Him, this world blinds us at the moment. In a real way, I had to get over myself, realizing we are not different. Doesn't mean people won't hurt, we are all in different places, it just means that we do have a enormous family that we will be in perfect unity and fellowship with some day. Until then, we believers must remember and realize these things, keep them fresh in our minds, looking forward to the day when the flesh won't impede us.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

I know what you guys are saying is true...I was here on some of the earliest boards back when I was on Webtv, even... and my feeling out of sync is a good thing in a sense. It's just really tiring some days. It feels like forever that I've been watching and waiting and days like these are part of the process I'm sure. Bless you all for caring!

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post
    Would it help you to know that nearly everyone feels like a thread-killer...
    Yeah, but I'm the real thread-killer, check it out, it's true!

Probably no one will post after this...
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post

I couldnt let that challenge stand....but you are a thread killer
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Quote Originally Posted by Nroley View Post
    YES!!!!!! I'm so glad I found this forum. I expect to feel out of place in the world, but naive as I am I didn't expect to feel that way among other Christians. I joined a couple online christian forums and I just can't believe what I read. Complete twisting of scripture, hate filled attacks on each other instead of healthy debate, very liberal on almost every issue. I only posted a couple times just because I was afraid of being attacked.
    Welcome! Please head over to the new members forum and introduce yourself so we can get to know you! That's where members include their testimony of how they came to Christ, and things like how they found RR, etc...

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post

Yes you are a thread-killer! A post killer too! I think my post count would be double if it had not been for you or Steve53

I think most of us here at RR feel as if we "don't belong". Since we belong to Christ, it certainly puts a divide between the world and us. Can't serve two Masters.....
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Yep....but that's what I like the most. I know I'll never fit in anymore like I used to so it's fine with me. I belong to Christ my Savior and so do yall sugar plums.

I never fit in.from 1st grade onto Highschool...I went to a very small public school. I would read the bible, remember bible veruses and when a kid was super cruel to me. I would say a bible verse to them. Of course, that made me an outcast very early in school. I was label the weird kid.
    I constantly prayed for the bullies. No matter how mean they were to me.
    I stood strong in what i believed.
    Anytime I would feel Pity for myself, I always thought of Jesus. And thinking He went thru More than I ever would...And just kept praying, for those bullies.

But, it made me who i am today. I am Strong emotionally and I don't back down from what I believe.

And when I run into bullies who are adults. I do the samething. I tell them I will Pray for You. Nothing aggravates a bully more, than to tell them you are praying for them. But, someone has too.

Tell your boys to stand tall, stand proud and Pray everyday for these kids.

Yes, I feel the same way. Most of the people in my life are either not saved or are not walking closely with the Lord. It is really hard because I have little to nothing in common with my old friends anymore. The Holy Spirit convicts me quickly about music, movies, TV series, magazines, and other superficial interests I had before I was saved and shared with my friends, and I no longer want to engage in those things because I know they are not pleasing to Christ and are just a waste of time. I can't watch the news or current events because it disgusts me how evil and sinful our world has become and makes me so sad for those lost people. I am grateful for my Christian family and all God has provided, but outside of that, I also just feel lost in this world. I am glad to see it isn't just me, as I've been feeling this way a long time. I take comfort in knowing I must be doing something right. God bless you all!!

It took me a long time to realize, that I'm not supposed to fit in. As Christians, we are set apart, - living in the world, but not being of the world. This world is not my home, and I'm just passing through, occupying until Jesus comes to take me to my real home! I can't wait! I hope it's soon!
    Come Lord Jesus and bring us home soon!

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."
    Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV

I may not be perfect, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!

Both of my girls attend public school DD1 is a junior in high school & DD2 is a seventh grader in middle school. DD1 is not afraid to speak out against something she feels is wrong. One year she had to give a speech on a controversial subject she chose discrimination against christians & Jews. She once again has opened a can of worms by speaking again on a class assignment against the homosexual agenda. She stands up & speaks out when she feels God telling her what she needs to say or do.AS someone at our church recently pionted DD1 has a soul winners heart. I know that she is & will continue to face oppossition because she is sold out to God in every area of her life. But I just pray that both girls will continue to stand for God.
    I have my HOPE in JESUS because HE made a CHANGE in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian9 View Post
    Yes you are a thread-killer! A post killer too! I think my post count would be double if it had not been for you or Steve53

I think most of us here at RR feel as if we "don't belong". Since we belong to Christ, it certainly puts a divide between the world and us. Can't serve two Masters.....
    Yes, I put up a new thread this week and it was gone, gone, gone. Did you kill my thread, iSong???

'Walk humbly with the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in all your works and growing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by turalura View Post
    Yes, I put up a new thread this week and it was gone, gone, gone. Did you kill my thread, iSong???
    Are you asking about the blog piece that breaks our posting rules?

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    Are you asking about the blog piece that breaks our posting rules?
    I apologize for breaking the rules! I did not realize that it was a blog.

'Walk humbly with the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in all your works and growing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10 NKJV

I also feel that I don't fit in. I sometimes feel it is my own pride wanting me to be perfect and find fault in others.

People in chuches; too lovey dovey, "glazed over" and not "real."
    People in bars; spiritually dead.
    People at my poetry readings; too liberal
    People that I once did theatre with; too liberal
    People I work with; too gossipy
    Others with Asperger's; too whiney, dependent and obsessed with their disability.
    People I go to sporting events or rock concerts with; too much idolization.
    People who come to Rapture Ready; too much bitterness toward a fallen world and a feeling of insecurity about being immature in the faith.

The Lord tells me to stop and look at the big picture and not to condeme. Remember to love my neighbor as myself.