Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Could the whole world witness the rapture? *merged*

Jeremiah was writing of Jerusalem and the situation of the Jews in Lamenations, but these verses in chapter 3 always touch my heart in their absolute truth for us and if you will consider this first verse as it will apply to those who receive a love of the truth after the Rapture, maybe even because of the [truth of the] Rapture:

22 It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.

23They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness.

24The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him.

His compassions will not fail those who are left behind because He has taken His Church home. He is still there to find. He remains merciful, and to anyone who calls on Jesus Christ for salvation as a sinner, they will be saved, and every day, He renews His mercy. He is faithful doing this for our benefit. He is our portion, and for those left behind, He is their portion as well, and He is the only hope and has always been.

I feel sorry for those, even those professing Christians, who keep thinking there is another answer besides Jesus, who leave the simplicity which is Christ. Jesus is truth, in all things. In Acts 17:26, when Paul is in Athens he talks about how every person has been born into preappointed times and boundaries by the Lord in order that each (v27) should seek the Lord in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him though he is not far from each one of us....It is no mistake where we are in time, and it is no mistake that those who come to salvation when the Lord takes His Church home are where they are either. This speaks of a soverign God who knows every detail of His creation placing us in time with boundaries that we might find Him. That is beautiful, and all things are with this end--that we might find Him and be saved--and that He is glorified by all things. Oh, how He loves us!

Default Passenger crashes at the Rapture

Something I have wondered about for a while now. When the rapture occurs what happens to the planes, autos, etc. that are in use? I think that the conventional wisdom is that all these vehicles are going to crash, this seems like a no brainer, but what happens to the passengers who are not saved? Will the Lord allows these people to die? (I guess there could be some foxhole conversions) or would he have his angels intervene and take control of these vehicles to prevent them from crashing. Think about this, a plane makes a safe landing with no pilots and maybe half of the passengers missing. I think that would catch the attention of a lot of people who are fence sitters. I suppose there will be nuts that would contribute this miracle to space aliens. But it may be enough to open the eyes of some unbelievers to accept Christ or at least get them thinking about. I had read somewhere that during the London blitz that angels may have taken over the controls of RAf fighters when the pilots were killed. I think it was in one of Billy Graham books. I have read somewhere that during the London blitz that angels may have taken over RAf fighters when the pilots were killed.

I dont see any reason to believe that this would happen.

The rapture is our blessed hope, for the church, but I also look at it as the first judgement that will happen.
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

How horrible it will be to be a "fence sitter" at that time. Knowing you've just been involved in a massive wreck on the highway, you're in a van with several people, on a bus, train, or plane and you know you should be dead. You look around and see half of the people have vanished into thin air, although many around you are severely injured, nobody who is left is dead but many are mangled and suffering terribly. Then it dawns on you, the Rapture has just taken place and at that very instant Revelation 9:6 comes to mind. Imagine how it will feel to know that for whatever the reason, you would not accept the salvation offered to you by Jesus when you had the chance......
    Larbear,

1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

The saved people will be raptured and the unsaved will either die in the crashes or be injured. I don't think there will be angels saving them as the Holy Spirit will be moved out of the way and evil will take over. Once the rapture happens, Satan has the world. Of course, there will be people saved during the tribulation who call out to the Lord for repentance, if they survived in one of the above disasters.

'Walk humbly with the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in all your works and growing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10 NKJV

I have thought about this also. My conclusion is--the Trib is a time of wrath. According to the Bible, people are going to die and probably die painful, horrible deaths. So I think airplanes will fall from the sky, cars will crash, houses will burn, etc.. It's the time for the terrible things to happen. Soon after, folks will be starving and dying of disease. So I dont think they will be spared death right after the Rapture.
    Thank You Lord Jesus for Your death on the cross and for the promise of sparing Your children the Tribulation.
    John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world

Revelation22:17 Both the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!"

This is pure speculation but I agree with Joy^3 that this is a time for wrath.

I also believe that the angels are going to be busy cheering the new arrivals and praising the Lord.

It would be pretty hard to assign a few of them to jet pilot duty and bus driver duty and thereby miss all the festivities.
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Pre-Flood; Pre-Furnace; Pre-Fierce Anger (orgēn)

How is that 'Times Of The Gentiles' working out for you, World?

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Moderator Steve's musings - Nothing dogmatic here just a few offhand and and .

Since the Bible is not clear at all regarding the timing of the restarting of Daniel's 70th week post-rapture, it may be (could be?) some time before that 7 year period actually begins counting down. Maybe years? Although I don't really believe so, nonetheless it doesn't seem to me to be beyond the realm of possibility that something like the following could take place....

The immediate time period after the rapture will, IMHO, be one of pure chaos. There is much that could be happening and all foretold by Jesus and since everything's been lining up like dominoes for years now - Nation rising up against nation, famines, pestilences, wars and rumors of wars and none of those happenings has to be necessarily classified under the header "Tribulation" but perhaps instead they are just the "beginning of sorrows?" Maybe a "Trib-Lite" interim period so to speak? Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38 after and not before the rapture?

Think about the repercussions of many millions of Christians instantly disappearing from the globe and the carnage left behind from suddenly out of control, human controlled contrivances failing, falling, crashing.....

Mass fires, municipal flooding, transportation gridlock, power grids going down, one country after another blaming enemies both real and imagined for terrorist attacks or some other such offense. Wars breaking out and wars threatened because of much rapture induced world wide destruction, Damascus ceases to be and then the food shortages and famines from one end of the earth to another, the restrainer taken away and anarchy reigns supreme while governments struggle to unite in a NWO with a OWG and regain some semblance of control. False Christs appearing, earthquakes rattling and then finally, finally, things begin to calm down just a tad, Israel living in peace, a covenant with many confirmed and then, .....then......

Daniel's 70th week begins.....

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by acelow View Post
    Something I have wondered about for a while now. When the rapture occurs what happens to the planes, autos, etc. that are in use? I think that the conventional wisdom is that all these vehicles are going to crash, this seems like a no brainer, but what happens to the passengers who are not saved? Will the Lord allows these people to die? (I guess there could be some foxhole conversions) or would he have his angels intervene and take control of these vehicles to prevent them from crashing. Think about this, a plane makes a safe landing with no pilots and maybe half of the passengers missing. I think that would catch the attention of a lot of people who are fence sitters. I suppose there will be nuts that would contribute this miracle to space aliens. But it may be enough to open the eyes of some unbelievers to accept Christ or at least get them thinking about. I had read somewhere that during the London blitz that angels may have taken over the controls of RAf fighters when the pilots were killed. I think it was in one of Billy Graham books. I have read somewhere that during the London blitz that angels may have taken over RAf fighters when the pilots were killed.
    Unfortunately, those individuals left occupying vehicles under the control of Raptured people will meet with the laws of physics as we now know them. It is devastating and very sad to think of the thousands that will be suddenly hurled into eternity in the seconds after we vanish, and even worse, without Christ. They will have died utterly confused and horrified. The scripture makes no mention of any divine or angelic intervention on the behalf of the unsaved at the Rapture. The planes that will land somewhat safely will be those flown by unsaved pilots. If the pilots are saved and vanish, there will be no way for the unsaved passengers to take control of the plane, since after 9-11 the pilots are barricaded in the cockpit. Plane uncontrolled, g-forces, mass confusion, and in some cases centrifugal force will result in many crashes worldwide and passengers unable to prevent them. There are an estimated 16,000+ aircraft in the air at any given time over the U.S. The damage immediately post Rapture will be catastrophic. This still leaves potentially unmanned nuclear powerplants, semi-trucks carrying toxic and hazerdous waste, vehicles on the interstate going 80mph that are suddenly unmanned, etc. The day of the Rapture will be absolutely horrific for the unsaved.
    One Day Closer

I agree with the others. It is going to be B.A.D. to be on the earth from the second the rapture occurs to the moment Christ returns. I believe cars will crash, planes will crash, buses will crash, utility infrastructure will suffer, food supply will probably be interupted - nothing will be as it was.

God's purpose in rapturing his church is to remove us from the wrath - his purpose isn't to shield people from injury when the rapture occurs only for them to suffer untold atrocities in the coming 7 years as they grieve their loved ones, morality breaks down, the judgements occur and the anti Christ rises to power.

It makes my heart sad that so many of my family members will get to feel it first-hand.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment." (Matthew 22:37-38)

Quote Originally Posted by Robinbobbin View Post
    I agree with the others. It is going to be B.A.D. to be on the earth from the second the rapture occurs to the moment Christ returns. I believe cars will crash, planes will crash, buses will crash, utility infrastructure will suffer, food supply will probably be interupted - nothing will be as it was.

God's purpose in rapturing his church is to remove us from the wrath - his purpose isn't to shield people from injury when the rapture occurs only for them to suffer untold atrocities in the coming 7 years as they grieve their loved ones, morality breaks down, the judgements occur and the anti Christ rises to power.

It makes my heart sad that so many of my family members will get to feel it first-hand.

I feel the same way as you. I'm really worried about my dog and all of the innocent animals as well. I pray that the Lord will take care of them.

Quote Originally Posted by LANDMAN View Post
    I feel the same way as you. I'm really worried about my dog and all of the innocent animals as well. I pray that the Lord will take care of them.
    Ya, have the same concern.

Our post-rapture email asks one of our left behind friends to put them to sleep after we ask them to accept the Lord first...
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Pre-Flood; Pre-Furnace; Pre-Fierce Anger (orgēn)

How is that 'Times Of The Gentiles' working out for you, World?

Another thought...

Chaos, yes, maybe.

The fallen angels will have full control again, right?

Who's to say they don't supernaturally save the world.

They come in peacefully, do they not?

We don't know because we really haven't seen it during the age of grace, but supernatural power was once prevalent upon the earth. Perhaps it will be again.

In fact, I'd say it's certain.
    I accept nothing from man as truth...
    only that, One is the truth. (John 14-6)

Pre-Flood/Pre-Trib (Genesis 5-24)

Certain chaos and destruction but I think some of it won't be quite as catastrophic such as a whole lot of planes falling out of the skies. Remember there are usually cabin crews where there is more than one pilot, sometimes three. Unless they are all Christian, a plane can be brought back under control with an assistant pilot if available. Same with other operations. But that's about as far as chaos will be moderated. Clearly anything in control of a Christian at the moment of the twinkling of an eye will be left to its own devices. Sometimes when I'm sitting at traffic lights I imagine, the rapture happens and my car just moving on its own possibly out into traffic. Would be quite the to any onlookers I'm sure. Won't the headlines be something in the hours and days following.

It is my opinion that the number of true Christians is quite low (a million or less) so it won't be as bad as many think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shonsu View Post
    It is my opinion that the number of true Christians is quite low (a million or less) so it won't be as bad as many think.
    Interesting. I can't know if your right or wrong, none of us can. I'm curious as to why you think such a low number though. Is there really only less than a million people worldwide who are born again, who place their faith in Jesus alone and His finished work of the Cross? That's a true Christian and the only requirement that I know of to be raptured.

I'm not sure if your including the dead in Christ, who will be resurrected before the rapture of the living, but hopefully the number is well over a million. I believe Jesus would have made the same sacrifice for 1, so if it's only a million, who am I to question Him. In the roughly 2000 years of the Age of Grace, the Church wouldn't have been very successful in it's purpose if only less than a million were born again believers out of the billions who have existed since then until now. Like I said though, no one can know the number for sure other than God Himself, but in this case I hope you are wrong.
    1 CORINTHIANS 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

ROMANS 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
    For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

OK here is a loving challenge to every member of Christ's body;

If/When we suddenly disappear, will people notice our absence?

Will they become frantic as the haunting words start to echo?

Will friends and family suddenly realize You had answers and rush to your empty home/office looking for
    something - anything?

Although God will be screaming at this unbelieving world through the witness of the Rapture,

Why not add our voices? If we do believe, people should know it.

One day all the mockers will be "eating crow". Let's bake some pies.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

There were over 1 million men in Washington DC roughly 10 years ago at a promise seekers gathering. It was one the most amazing gatherings of worship I have ever been associated with. We would break out spontaneously in singing worship songs in the mall and on the metro transportation system. Many men I know who are saved did not attend nor did their wives or children. This is just one Country of believers. Maybe all of the men who attended were not saved but I do believe most were. All that to say our God is powerful to save and I feel strongly you have vastly under estimated the number of folks in the true church who will be raptured as the bride of Christ.

Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

Surely you jest! Or was that sarcasm?
    1 million out of 7 billion people!
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

There are more than a million innocent children who will disappear. Whatever the number is, it will be a number great enough that the world will take notice. They will be fearful, confused, and the ensuing chaos will be the cause of untold disasters and terror.