Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Could the whole world witness the rapture? *merged*

Quote Originally Posted by Shonsu View Post
    It is my opinion that the number of true Christians is quite low (a million or less) so it won't be as bad as many think.
    Finally, someone with a guess lower than mine . I just read Inside the Revolution, by Joel Rosenberg. From the book I might conclude that as a percentage of the population, there may be more raptured from some of the Islamic nations than from the U.S. I suspect that the numbers from the U.S. as a percentage of the population, will be quite modest... But I think the number will be significantly more than 1 million... hope we find out soon...
    Tall Timbers

The chaos caused by the rapture will cause a perfect vaccum for the AC rise to power. You mention people in planes what about people who will be hit by planes falling? That senario could keep spinning on forever. The rapture seems to be a definite cutting off of the Age of Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by LANDMAN View Post
    I feel the same way as you. I'm really worried about my dog and all of the innocent animals as well. I pray that the Lord will take care of them.
    I believe the Lord will take care of my sweet little pug because He knows how much we love him and he is not just a pet but a member of our family. I think Puggy will either be raptured with us or be waiting in my house/home in heaven for me when I get there.
    Jesus, please come back TODAY!!!!

What will be so startling will be the empty wombs of the pregnant women. Suddenly, their baby is gone. That will happen to the unbelieving moms.

'Walk humbly with the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in all your works and growing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10 NKJV

Default Warning Enough

1 Thessalonians 4:16
    "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first."

If I am driving I think I might have enough warning to at least pull over to the side of the road. Having said that, I think it will be a scene of general chaos. In comparison, we live in peaceful and merciful times with plenty of reasons and opportunities to repent but it will all end in an instant. Wrath is wrath. The Bible is full of examples of what happens to those who don't heed God's clear and patient warnings.

I know it feels like there are only a million Christians on the Earth right now but I am always surprised at how many Christians are really out there. When I read on Yahoo News about Kirk Cameron defending his views on homosexuality I was happy and more than a little surprised to see that the majority of opinions expressed there in the thread were supportive and mostly from Christians.

Quote Originally Posted by acelow View Post
    Something I have wondered about for a while now. When the rapture occurs what happens to the planes, autos, etc. that are in use? I think that the conventional wisdom is that all these vehicles are going to crash, this seems like a no brainer, but what happens to the passengers who are not saved? Will the Lord allows these people to die? (I guess there could be some foxhole conversions) or would he have his angels intervene and take control of these vehicles to prevent them from crashing. Think about this,
    The Rapture is the first of many judgments upon the earth for not following God's will; the Age of Grace has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by NoProvision View Post
    1 Thessalonians 4:16
    "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first."

If I am driving I think I might have enough warning to at least pull over to the side of the road. Having said that, I think it will be a scene of general chaos. In comparison, we live in peaceful and merciful times with plenty of reasons and opportunities to repent but it will all end in an instant. Wrath is wrath. The Bible is full of examples of what happens to those who don't heed God's clear and patient warnings.
    The rapture is a nanosecond, no time to park the car or land the plane. The Age of Grace has ended. There are silly books out there that say there will be time but that is just not true.

Quote Originally Posted by NoProvision View Post

I know it feels like there are only a million Christians on the Earth right now but I am always surprised at how many Christians are really out there. When I read on Yahoo News about Kirk Cameron defending his views on homosexuality I was happy and more than a little surprised to see that the majority of opinions expressed there in the thread were supportive and mostly from Christians.
    yes, few be that find it.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

First thought, dude, it's going to be hell on earth.

Second thought: percentage wise, there are not a lot of Christians in the overall population. Maybe a few percent. Still plenty of mayhem, though.

Third thought: God could arrange a super storm or severe weather events to blanket the cities with the highest percentage of Christians, thus keeping the total traffic to a minimum.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

I think Pistos is on the right track. Let's say a plane glides uneventfully onto a flat surface after the crew is Raptured. The AC could eventually claim that he and his forces "saved" the passengers from dying during the process of transferring those ignorant, bigoted Christians to their re-education and attitude adjustment camps on the planet Kumbaya.

Quote Originally Posted by penbrat View Post
    I believe the Lord will take care of my sweet little pug because He knows how much we love him and he is not just a pet but a member of our family. I think Puggy will either be raptured with us or be waiting in my house/home in heaven for me when I get there.
    Thank you, penbrat! I have felt the same thing. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who really has this "feeling" (??) that our dear pets will either "disappear" at the same moment, and awaiting us when we get there! Just think how much an " icing on the cake" it would be after our meeting our dear Lord and having our feast and the Bema Seat, then being ushered to our new home where our dear pets will be awaiting us!!!
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28

Cindy

Your pets will await you. However, their fleas, ticks, and other parasites will remain here to help spread various plagues during the Trib. The more talented bugs will be selected to perform in Flea Circuses.

Default Just thinking out loud here...

Last I heard, there were about 300 million people in the US. If only 10 percent were believers, that would be 30 million raptured. Even if only 5 percent were believers, that would be about 15 million. Enough to create lots of problems! Just my opinion....

~fri

You had better hope that both of the pilots are not Christian if you are a nonchristian and are flying on that plane.If both of the pilots are Christian and you are as well then you are in great shape but the the unbeliever passengers better start doing some praying.

I've started praying that those I care about who aren't saved at the time of the rapture will survive it. I have "If I Disappear" letters nearly everywhere I go online and I hope they'll go back and read them afterwards. One friend in particular (who is sadly in the process of converting to Islam now after several years of praying for her salvation) has promised me that if the rapture happens in her lifetime, she will go back and read my letter and seriously consider it. I just want her (and others) to at least have that chance.

I am not my own, I've surrendered to You, Lord.
    I am not of this world, Heaven is my home.
    - Chelsie Boyd (written by Jesse Shuster)

Please visit my friend Chelsie's site and listen to her beautiful Christian music: http://www.chelsieboyd.com/

Ron and I were talking to a paratransit driver. Her vehicle is the size of a small shuttle bus. She is saved.

I said "I hope all your passengers are saved at the time of the rapture!" She said, "Me, too" as she passed a big rig.

We had a case in Houston last year, one of my favorite drivers had a medical crisis and passed out while driving. The vehicle went into the back of a gas tanker truck. He lived, but his two passengers died.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by friharbor View Post
    Last I heard, there were about 300 million people in the US. If only 10 percent were believers, that would be 30 million raptured. Even if only 5 percent were believers, that would be about 15 million. Enough to create lots of problems! Just my opinion....

~fri
    I tend to agree with this figure, say, 10 to perhaps 15% true believers here in the USA. Now, I'm not sure if that includes all of the children younger than the age of accountability (10? 12? 13? perhaps it depends on the individual child, only God knows), that in itself should be a significant number, well into the millions. I have no idea what that total number of true believers plus children would be but it's got to be more than a million, at least I sure hope so. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian9 View Post
    Surely you jest! Or was that sarcasm?
    1 million out of 7 billion people!

Mainly because of this: "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." (Matthew 7:14) And there are many (many, many, many!) who call themselves Christian or think they are Christian but really aren't. The Catholic church claims 1.2 billion followers. That's a whole lot of deceived people (out of the 7 billion people on earth). Yeah, I could be wrong and the number could be much higher but those are my thoughts on that.

Quote Originally Posted by AnyMinute View Post
    I'm not sure if your including the dead in Christ, who will be resurrected before the rapture of the living, but hopefully the number is well over a million.
    We're only talking about those who are alive at the time of the Rapture. I know the number of dead in Christ will be substantially larger.

Mainly because of this: "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." (Matthew 7:14) And there are many (many, many, many!) who call themselves Christian or think they are Christian but really aren't. The Catholic church claims 1.2 billion followers. That's a whole lot of deceived people (out of the 7 billion people on earth). Yeah, I could be wrong and the number could be much higher but those are my thoughts on that.
    You are correct that there are millions upon millions of CINO's and we know most of the world is deceived...yet I'm still scratching my head at the number you posted. You quote Matthew 7:14, but there are also scriptures that make it point blank clear who is saved and what we need to do to be saved:

John 14:6, Acts 4:12, Romans 10:9, John 6:29

Difficult for the "world"....simple for us. I think we're all in for a shock at what the actual number will be. One million missing wouldn't disrupt much if you ask me. In any case, the lowball number you provided certainly beats out any other estimate I've ever seen on RR.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

We're only talking about those who are alive at the time of the Rapture. I know the number of dead in Christ will be substantially larger.
    Thanks for clarifying your view. The few in Mathew 7:14 could be much higher compaired to the billions who have existed up until now. 100's of millions would still be few IMO.
    You may be right, I hope your guess is low though.

I absolutely agree with you about so many being deceived. Not just the RCC but throw in other cults like J.W's, Mormons, and then you've got all the big eastern religions like Buddihism,Hindu, Islam and what not that Satan has in his grasp. Throw in the atheists, agnostics, new agers and all the hedonistic lovers of self non- religion, religions and I see your point of so much deception out there.
    1 CORINTHIANS 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

ROMANS 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
    For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.