Thread: Israelis Grow Confident Strike on Iranís Nukes Can Work

Default Israelis Grow Confident Strike on Iranís Nukes Can Work

Summary from Joel C. Rosenberg's Blog

ē If it acts soon, Israel has the capacity to set the Iranian nuclear program back by five years.
    ē There is a significant probability that a successful attack on Iran will energize Iranís internal opposition, leading ultimately to the downfall or at least the crippling of the Iranian government.
    ē President Obama will not retaliate against Israel.
    ē Rather than launch massive retaliation against Israel, Iran will try to downplay the assault (as Syria and Iraq did in the past), perhaps launching only a few token missiles in response.
    ē Fearing massive retaliation, Iran would not attack American ships or targets in response.

Israelis Grow Confident Strike on Iranís Nukes Can Work

By Jeffrey Goldberg Mar 19, 2012 4:00 PM PT http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...-can-work.html

After interviewing many people with direct knowledge of internal government thinking, however, Iím highly confident that Netanyahu isnít bluffing -- that he is in fact counting down to the day when he will authorize a strike against a half-dozen or more Iranian nuclear sites.

One reason Iím now more convinced is that Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak are working hard to convince other members of the Israeli cabinet that a strike might soon be necessary.

But I also heard from Israeli national-security officials a number of best-case scenarios about the consequences of an attack, which suggested to me that they believe they have thought through all the risks -- and that they keep coming to the same conclusions.

All-out War

One conclusion key officials have reached is that a strike on six or eight Iranian facilities will not lead, as is generally assumed, to all-out war. This argument holds that the Iranians might choose to cover up an attack, in the manner of the Syrian government when its nuclear facility was destroyed by the Israeli air force in 2007. An Israeli strike wouldnít focus on densely populated cities, so the Iranian government might be able to control, to some degree, the flow of information about it.
    The arguments Iíve outlined here -- and those Iíll describe in my next column -- all lead to a single conclusion: The Israeli political leadership increasingly believes that an attack on Iran will not be the disaster many American officials, and some ex-Israeli security officials, fear it will be.
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Pre-Flood; Pre-Furnace; Pre-Fierce Anger (orgēn)

How is that 'Times Of The Gentiles' working out for you, World?

Interesting recap from Rosenberg. Thanks for posting RandalB.

I think everything else I have read thinks the fallout will go 180 degrees in the other direction from what Rosenberg predicts. He could be right but I'm thinking that gasoline prices will soar and cause a strain between us and Israel. I hope Rosenberg is right and everything else I have read is wrong. We may not have to wait long to find out.
    Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

I'm glad Israel is finally standing up for itself against Iran, but they have to remember to put their confidence in God to deliver them from Iran, not in their weapons or technology.
    Let's Dance, kupo!

Quote Originally Posted by WVBORN56 View Post
    Interesting recap from Rosenberg. Thanks for posting RandalB.

I think everything else I have read thinks the fallout will go 180 degrees in the other direction from what Rosenberg predicts. He could be right but I'm thinking that gasoline prices will soar and cause a strain between us and Israel. I hope Rosenberg is right and everything else I have read is wrong. We may not have to wait long to find out.
    I have been chewing on this also. I really see that things could go very bad after a strike on Iran. However, it seems that scripture says otherwise.

Jer 49:34-39 talks of a possible strike against Elam which is NW Iran which is home to Bushehr reactor. It also talks of a resulting population evacuation possibly due to radiation from a damaged reactor.

Ps 83, Zep 2, Is 17, Oba 1, ect seem to occur soon afterwards as a result of mutual defense and mutual hatred issues.

Israel is at peace and extremely prosperous afterwards so therefore I believe that the world will be at peace and somewhat prosperous. There will be some countries that will be seething however but afraid to do any hostile actions for a season.

I just do not see a long protracted war that would result in years of misery. There is plenty of time later for that to happen.
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Pre-Flood; Pre-Furnace; Pre-Fierce Anger (orgēn)

How is that 'Times Of The Gentiles' working out for you, World?