Thread: Laptop constantly running

Default Laptop constantly running

My laptop is constantly running, and when I change webpages, it starts whirring like it's using extra energy to visit the page. It's really bad here on RR and most often I can't even post. I've been using IE9, but it was suggested to try another browser. I'm using Firefox now, but we'll see if I can post.

Any ideas?
    Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed.
    ~2 Timothy 2:15

God said it, I believe it, that settles it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecki View Post
    My laptop is constantly running, and when I change webpages, it starts whirring like it's using extra energy to visit the page. It's really bad here on RR and most often I can't even post. I've been using IE9, but it was suggested to try another browser. I'm using Firefox now, but we'll see if I can post.

Any ideas?
    Sounds like a Trojan

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

In addition to checking for viruses, you might check to see how much available space you have on your hard drive. If your hard drive is almost full, your notebook might be having a hard time managing the activity. If it turns out it's full, try deleting some stuff you don't need or use and see if that helps. Do check for viruses first.
    Tall Timbers

I would also check to make sure your fan isn't plugged up with dust - if it's not cooling properly it will work harder.

Another thing to check is how many windows you have open. Your computer may have to move some of the content of the open windows to disk in order to free up memory for the web site that you are opening.

Close excess open windows or buy more memory.

But most likely it is a trojan/virus of some kind.
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Pre-Flood; Pre-Furnace; Pre-Fierce Anger (orgēn)

How is that 'Times Of The Gentiles' working out for you, World?

I might ask, "how old is your computer"?

Since your lappy is struggling the most when you are online, it does sound like a virus or trojan.
    (a bit hard to make a correct diagnosis without looking at it...)

Sometimes viruses and trojans are extra sneaky and they can escape detection during a regular virus scan.

So, before you begin, update your antivirus program.
    Then start your computer in Safe Mode (tap the F8 key as it begins to start up)
    Select the run in safe mode option
    Now, run a deep (full, complete, extensive) scan, let it finish and wait for the results.
    Quarantine any "cooties" if found then restart your lappy.

If your AV program didn't find anything and you're not maxing out the RAM or C drive as suggested above, your
    machine is probably due for a good cleaning, a replacement fan or tweaking by a professional at a reputable repair shop.