Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bible Handout thread weekly updates *merged*

I got 3 cases (60 Bibles total) of Bibles from the church that is fixing up my house.

Whoo!

The guys "caught" me doing them up with the tracts and all.

We plan to do a big handout on Tuesday afternoon. Please pray for the recipients!

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

It's going to rain, tomorrow.

We are rescheduling.

I'd be fine, doing a handout, but the recipients won't put their windows down, in the rain.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

I get my Bibles here

I really, really, want to get up to Dallas for a Bible Handout.

What better time?

Praying on it.

I get my Bibles here

Well, if it isn't a yes, it must be a NO.

So, I'm hitting Houston tomorrow. I have about 90 or so.

Ron is coming with, on the median, late afternoon commute (his idea, and a very good one).

Please pray the corner is empty and it go smoothly.

I get my Bibles here

Wow. I am gaping.

Why, Heather, you may ask.

Sometimes I daydream about the perfect Bible Handout. People catching sight of the sign and shouting for Bibles. Everyone in the car wants a Bible. Parents asking for Bibles for the children. Gangsters getting Bibles (at least 6 today). Seeing a face light up when I say "Espanol?" and give them a Spanish Bible.

So, let's start at the beginning.

We woke up and went to Walmart. Came home. I took a nap (slept horribly last night) and drank some electrolyte stuff.

My medications all carry dire warnings about avoiding the heat, and it was almost 90 today.

Our ride was going to be very late, but Ron called and explained. The driver came early.

She took one look at the wheelchair, loaded with several cases of "done up" Bibles, and called her dispatcher. They said it was OK to transport us.

So, I got the signs and got on the van.

We got to the corner, and it was empty (a guy did show up on the other corner and started begging).

It took me a few minutes to set up. I had to get all the bungee cords off the wheelchair, and move the 3 boxes, and 2 bags of Bibles. I also had two signs and assorted drinks. It was a circus.

I finally set up.

Now, when I do a handout, I start by the light and walk down the strip, holding my sign high. By the time I got to the end of the line, I had literally given away 10 Bibles.

I couldn't help but think "Ron was right, we need to do afternoon handouts" before I ran back to restock and distribute. I was running!

Everyone, it seemed, wanted a Bible. I was more than happy to oblige. I had about 100. Some leftovers from the last handout, 60 the church donated, and about 20 Spanish. All told, about 100.

I'd walk down the strip, people would shout for Bibles. I made sure everyone got them. One guy took a little coaxing. He just stared at me, probably trying to figure out my angle. I said "It won't bite you, and it's free!" THEN he took it.

Several young men with gang tattoos wanted Bibles. Good. God said invite EVERYONE.

One woman broke my heart. She was sobbing as she talked on the cell phone. I so wanted to give her a hug, and a Bible, but she shook her head. So, I prayed for her. Please pray for her, too, would you?

Pretty soon I encountered some young men. They are saved, attend a youth group, and were utterly FASCINATED by the handout. They watched me for a while. Then the left. They came back with icy cold, huge bottles of water, from the gas station. I said thank you and drank it during the handout.

They wanted to help, but I was pretty well set. I gave them some Bibles and explained how I do the everyday handouts. Then someone wanted a Bible and I ran off. They shook Ron's hand (Ron came with me, and sat in his wheelchair), and left.

I hope they "steal" the concept and do it themselves. They saw it work.

Pretty soon, I told Ron "Put up your sign! We're done!"

WHAT? We're done. I took his sign away, and started mashing up cardboard boxes.

All done.

Then we went to McDonalds.

I get my Bibles here

That is such great news, Heather. PTL!
    Isaiah 1:18 ...Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

Even better, I scored some REALLY NICE evangelism New Testaments, on sale today!

Fortunately I only had $25 or I'd have bought them out. I "only" bought 48.

I am certainly zealous.

I get my Bibles here

Today I took 3 Bibles.

They were "done up" with a scripture booklet, tracts, and reading plan tract.

The first one I gave to the driver, he was very excited. A woman got on, she'd had a stroke with some lasting damage. She got one, very excited. Then we had another lady with a stroke, get on. She couldn't really talk, but I noticed she kept looking at the Bible I had given the other lady. When I offered her a Bible she started shouting NO, while grinning and nodding her head (she meant yes - I've read that happens sometimes). I extended it out towards her and she took it, and was opening the bag to look at everything.

And that did it for today's Bibles. I've been handing them out to cashiers, mainly, drives, and other passengers.

I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    Wow. I am gaping.

Why, Heather, you may ask.

Sometimes I daydream about the perfect Bible Handout. People catching sight of the sign and shouting for Bibles. Everyone in the car wants a Bible. Parents asking for Bibles for the children. Gangsters getting Bibles (at least 6 today). Seeing a face light up when I say "Espanol?" and give them a Spanish Bible.

So, let's start at the beginning.

We woke up and went to Walmart. Came home. I took a nap (slept horribly last night) and drank some electrolyte stuff.

My medications all carry dire warnings about avoiding the heat, and it was almost 90 today.

Our ride was going to be very late, but Ron called and explained. The driver came early.

She took one look at the wheelchair, loaded with several cases of "done up" Bibles, and called her dispatcher. They said it was OK to transport us.

So, I got the signs and got on the van.

We got to the corner, and it was empty (a guy did show up on the other corner and started begging).

It took me a few minutes to set up. I had to get all the bungee cords off the wheelchair, and move the 3 boxes, and 2 bags of Bibles. I also had two signs and assorted drinks. It was a circus.

I finally set up.

Now, when I do a handout, I start by the light and walk down the strip, holding my sign high. By the time I got to the end of the line, I had literally given away 10 Bibles.

I couldn't help but think "Ron was right, we need to do afternoon handouts" before I ran back to restock and distribute. I was running!

Everyone, it seemed, wanted a Bible. I was more than happy to oblige. I had about 100. Some leftovers from the last handout, 60 the church donated, and about 20 Spanish. All told, about 100.

I'd walk down the strip, people would shout for Bibles. I made sure everyone got them. One guy took a little coaxing. He just stared at me, probably trying to figure out my angle. I said "It won't bite you, and it's free!" THEN he took it.

Several young men with gang tattoos wanted Bibles. Good. God said invite EVERYONE.

One woman broke my heart. She was sobbing as she talked on the cell phone. I so wanted to give her a hug, and a Bible, but she shook her head. So, I prayed for her. Please pray for her, too, would you?

Pretty soon I encountered some young men. They are saved, attend a youth group, and were utterly FASCINATED by the handout. They watched me for a while. Then the left. They came back with icy cold, huge bottles of water, from the gas station. I said thank you and drank it during the handout.

They wanted to help, but I was pretty well set. I gave them some Bibles and explained how I do the everyday handouts. Then someone wanted a Bible and I ran off. They shook Ron's hand (Ron came with me, and sat in his wheelchair), and left.

I hope they "steal" the concept and do it themselves. They saw it work.

Pretty soon, I told Ron "Put up your sign! We're done!"

WHAT? We're done. I took his sign away, and started mashing up cardboard boxes.

All done.

Then we went to McDonalds.
    Awesome update!
    Please ask The Lord to open my daughter's heart, Thank you!

Col 3:15

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.

Even better, I scored some REALLY NICE evangelism New Testaments, on sale today!

Fortunately I only had $25 or I'd have bought them out. I "only" bought 48.

I am certainly zealous.
    You'll have to have the RR group over for tea in your heavenly mansion you have built
    up so many treasures.

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.

Cindy, the funny thing about the NT, they all went to a former Crip (gang member) who does gang and jail ministry in his off time.

He can reach a lot of people who'd never even listen to me. Hey, pray for him, and those recipients, would ya?

I get my Bibles here

Cindy, the funny thing about the NT, they all went to a former Crip (gang member) who does gang and jail ministry in his off time.

He can reach a lot of people who'd never even listen to me. Hey, pray for him, and those recipients, would ya?
    Will do.

When my daughter was in jail she was visited by Forgotten Man Ministries. http://www.forgottenman.org/goal.php
    I was so thankful for that.

People tend to forget, we are called to reach out to everyone.

I get my Bibles here

I handed out some Bibles today (everyday).

I also met a recipient, who told me she takes the (greeting card "I'll be praying for you") out of her hidey-hole every time she gets stressed out, and re-reads it. I thought that was really sweet.

I get my Bibles here

Thumbs up

I handed out some Bibles today (everyday).

I also met a recipient, who told me she takes the (greeting card "I'll be praying for you") out of her hidey-hole every time she gets stressed out, and re-reads it. I thought that was really sweet.
    Heheh... That's awesome! Hope she gets that.bible out too tho!

Thats really nice to hear!
    Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. (John 4:14)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Great. Been wondering how you were tracking Heather.

Handing out a couple a day now.

I got some ESV evangelism ones and like those a lot. I just stick in a "Why Does God Allow Trouble" "Value of Trials" or both, and good to go. The ones I put out at work [cough cough, must have dropped them] are already gone.

We had a big shake up at the transit company and a LOT of new drivers. Ron is faithfully handing out tracts to every driver we meet.

It's nice to know, even if I only hand out a couple Bibles a day, they add up to almost 100 a month!

I get my Bibles here

I forgot the best part, about that lady from the other day (with the card).

She asked if I had any WHOLE BIBLES for her!

Of course I set her up. Since she seemed to be having a hard time, I put in a "Value of Trials" tract.

I get my Bibles here

I forgot the best part, about that lady from the other day (with the card).

She asked if I had any WHOLE BIBLES for her!

Of course I set her up. Since she seemed to be having a hard time, I put in a "Value of Trials" tract.
    Is "Value of Trials" tract the same thing I think of as 'don't waste your sorrows' ?