Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Bible Handout thread weekly updates *merged*

I will be praying for you and the cab driver today.

We just had a family at church whose child lost the lower parts of both legs. I can't imagine how that makes life change.
    and to wait for his Son from heaven,
    whom he raised from the dead—Jesus,
    who rescues us from the coming wrath
    1 Thessalonians 1:10

I think it's harder for adults.

Ron, for instance, could care less about being blind. He hates the hearing loss and right side paralysis, because he remembers when that all worked.

From what I have seen, children have an easier time adapting, but it's got to be awful for the parents.

I know I could care less about my brain damage, unless I am waiting on a ride. It's not like I could drive and lost it - I never had it at all.

All this to say I will be praying for the family.

I didn't see James but Ron would like to do a before-church-handout on Sunday. The last one was great so we'll do another.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Yes, children are amazing. I love working with them

I recently realized that children are good to have at a funeral. They bring the hope of new life, sometimes even can bring smiles in the midst of tears...

Sorry didn't mean to derail the thread, but I just get amazed at God the more I watch and interact with children.

They also can be great, fearless evangelists when they are young. (trying to get back on topic...)
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

I'm definitely doing a Handout on Sunday morning. Really, what better way to spend Sunday than a Handout followed by church and fellowship?

I need to remember to get more business cards, though.

The church may be getting me some Invitation New Testaments. These are the lowest priced evangelism New Testament, available from Lifeway. That would be great! They are pretty, they have a road to salvation, and even an 800 number if they have questions.

I've handed out cases and cases of them.

So, I may have an ongoing source for English. Great. My former church (moved due to transportation issues) literally had a whole room full of Bibles, which I gave away.

Spanish is always a problem. However, God reminded me Walmart sells a good cheap Spanish Bible - a very nice one that has a reading plan and road to salvation in it. They are the cheapest whole Spanish available and the recipients love them. They look very nice.

God kind of let me know Walmart can supply those needs for now. I haven't been doing the massive 100 at a time handouts of late, so the Walmart quanitites (today I got 5, their whole stock) should be fine.

God also reminds me quality is the important factor.

Now I just need to figure out the next handout after Sunday. Gunspoint mall? Acres Homes again? Church area?

Church area is plenty rough, here are the crime stats from April. I just love, love, love how the church chose to "take it to the streets" instead of hiding in the outskirts of Houston.

http://www.houstontx.gov/police/cs/s...apr1417e20.htm

Ron is suprisingly happy to go out into hellish conditions and wave his sign. That makes it easy for me to go.

Please pray for the recipients: past, present, future.

Please ask God to guide me on purchases (Ron gave me a raise because the business is doing better), and future handouts.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here