Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Bible Handout thread weekly updates *merged*

Oh, thank you.

My life is a total example of 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

I couldn't do any of this in my own strength. None of it. But God in me does the work. I just go.

Haven't quite figured out the next handout, yet.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Smile

Don't worry, the Lord will figure it out for you.

Just want to say again that I think it is incredible what you are doing! And I plan to keep checking in on this thread so that I can read more as to how God is blessing you, your ministry, and more important, the ones you are ministering to.

I've been a member here for awhile and always read but have just recently started posting. This board, all the people on it, have been such a blessing to me.

I've been posting since late 2000. I went away for a bit due to "illness", but y'all have always been a family.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

I get my Bibles here

I invited about 60 people to the service tonight.

I am curious to see if anyone makes it.

The beautiful thing about my church (A Calvary Chapel), is that I know they will take care of "my" recipients. We still plan to attend.

I get my Bibles here

A man was shot and killed, 7 blocks from where I do my handouts.

I was going to give you a link; typed in "Acres Homes shooting" and found many many shootings but not the one I was looking for.

I did find this which ought to be very informative:
    http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...rime-BR-1.html

Some quotes:
    * Desoto St. - This street is to be avoided at all costs day and night . This street is two segments . It runs west from White Oak Bayou to Antoine and from White Oak Bayou east to Ella in Acres Homes both segments are deadly to be driving on especially at night . This street is known as the most deadliest street in the city namely the western portion . It got its name and reputation from the Hurricane Katrina / Rita period when the evacs were here and the crime was high then . There would be two or three murders in a day or a week . Every night I would hear sirens going and coming . Today ,it is now drug trafficking in and out of there because of a recently rebuilt property by the city and drugs have taken it over .It got so bad that it poured into the complex I'm currently residing in . But we kicked it out before it got started . Sadly it ended up at a property across the street . Stay off Desoto St period . If you are moving do not move there .
    REALLY? That's Handout Land, Desoto and Antoine.

I am a missionary from London UK and on a Saturday evening my friend
    invited me to go jogging as I did not know the area I thought it was ok but we ended up on
    a park at Desoto st called Highland Park in Acres Homes I only found out later
    where I was as I don't know the area and we live in some houses complex nearby
    I was attacked by about 8 black youths ( I am black) my friend is white
    And I was seriously assaulted I could have died, when we saw them coming
    We tried walking away but 3 followed and hit me from behind.
    I was shocked, so Stay Away At All Cost.
    I work and leave near so I have to get the 45,40 and 44 bus but as others have
    Said if you have no business here stay away.
    Not even when I was on the streets of Rio I suffered an assault like here.
    Thanks and God Save America
    I have NEVER had a problem, which I have to attribute to God.

I really want to do a Handout - young people are dying every day over there - it's a war zone. I'll be praying on it.

BTW, none of that stuff I posted scares me. I could tell my the reactions from my drivers when they'd drop us off... very jittery and panicked... must not be a good area.

I get my Bibles here

Heather, are you still doing handouts?
    Jhn 15:4

“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

Please pray the Lord will make a way to my daughter's heart where there seems to be no way.

God had us on hold for a bit.

We've been doing a lot of witnessing to our drivers, though.

Today, however, I got a beautiful case of Bibles. I need to figure out my next handout.

1. Dry.
    2. Decent weather or Ron won't go.

Prime time seems to be 4:30-6 PM. However, during the winter that put me there after dark which is REALLY bad. Now the weather's changed.

I'm going to pray on it and ask God to lead me. The neighborhood has a population of about 24K. I have already done at least a thousand Bibles there... so I guess it takes a while for the next crop to be ready!

Even if I just give one, to the right person, who's going to read it - I'll go.

I even have some fare loaded on my bus card for the ride home.

We will be getting a lot of rain this week (in Houston). That's bad for 2 reasons: migraine trigger for me, and no one wants a Bible in the rain. Trust me, I tried.

Please ask God to guide me and all that.

I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    God had us on hold for a bit.

We've been doing a lot of witnessing to our drivers, though.

Today, however, I got a beautiful case of Bibles. I need to figure out my next handout.

1. Dry.
    2. Decent weather or Ron won't go.

Prime time seems to be 4:30-6 PM. However, during the winter that put me there after dark which is REALLY bad. Now the weather's changed.

I'm going to pray on it and ask God to lead me. The neighborhood has a population of about 24K. I have already done at least a thousand Bibles there... so I guess it takes a while for the next crop to be ready!

Even if I just give one, to the right person, who's going to read it - I'll go.

I even have some fare loaded on my bus card for the ride home.

We will be getting a lot of rain this week (in Houston). That's bad for 2 reasons: migraine trigger for me, and no one wants a Bible in the rain. Trust me, I tried.

Please ask God to guide me and all that.
    I'll pray for you.

I'm asking God to send Christians into my daughter's life and across her path.
    It really is up to Him now. I've done all I can do.
    She needs people like YOU.
    Jhn 15:4

“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

Please pray the Lord will make a way to my daughter's heart where there seems to be no way.

Ron has been wheelchair using, and basically doubled over when he's not, with a back problem.

We have been unable to do any handouts due to that. We also had major things happening at work we - we had to have everything perfect. We still do but it's calming down.

I would LOVE to do a handout, but it hasn't worked out.

However, Ron has been handing out tracts. In fact, he has an interesting approach he asked me to share.

I told him a joke a while back. He tells it to the drivers:
    A man died and went to hell. The devil showed him 3 doors and said he could pick his torment. The first door was flames - everyone burning. The second door had everyone freezing. The third door had everyone standing around in a lake of human waste, up to their chests. They were drinking coffee.

The man tells the devil he'll take the third room. The devil reminds him he has to stay there forever. "I'd rather be in room 3" he replies. So, he enters the room.

At that point a whistle blows and a voice comes on the intercom: "Break's over everyone! Back on your heads!"

The driver laughs and Ron offers a tract. "I want to keep you out of the lake!" he pleads. They accept it, still laughing, and tuck it into a pocket.

Only in my life. He's handed out over a dozen tracts just this week!

I get my Bibles here