Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Bible Handout thread weekly updates *merged*

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    Pretty sure he was dealing drugs, or a pimp.

At any rate, I have to say things are "worse" where I worked in Acres Homes. On a "scary" scale for me this was maybe a 3. Acres Homes is a good 7.

Acres Homes I see overt dealing and prostitution, gangbangers in obvious colors up to no good. But I think I'm done there for now (it's been 2.5 years). I have distributed over 1000 Bibles there and when I hear "I already have a Bible" on my last two handouts, a good sign to move for a bit.

Ron and I lived near a XXX bookstore in our first apartment. We had drugs, gangs, poverty, and prostitution. I also had creeps hassling me at the bus stop.

Our second apartment we lived near a head shop (they sell drug using supplies). We had dirty needles around the bus stop, drug dealing, crack house, dope fiends, child molesters, and the friendly neighborhood prostitute who assured me she'd never do business with my husband.

We lived there 7 years. God, of course, used all that as preparation for this. Amazing to think He knew we'd be doing this even then.

Oh, and my psychiatrist is a Jew. He keeps an eye on my illness (no head shrinking, just medical) and writes me prescriptions. Today Ron mentioned the handouts and Doc was very interested in getting a Bible. I was thrilled. I gave one each to him and his intern.

Later on the intern told me "You know he's a Jew." and I quoted John 4:22 "Salvation comes from the Jews". She was really impressed.
    Wow, wow, and wow! There is alot you've dealt with, but I know for His glory. I'm sorry that I didn't read enough to realize that you have a blog and facebook. I will check out your blog for sure. Thanks for the updates, because I love to read them, and they encourage and inspire me, thanks!

Something awful yesterday. A driver asked me for a Bible and I didn't have any!

I can't say how, but he got his Bible.

Today I brought 5 with me. I handed them all out by 5 PM.

Great. Then a driver wanted 3 more when we got home!

I think I need to bring 10 a day now.

Looks like I'm back to everyday Bibles in addition to the Handouts.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

I've done about 20 this week, including the pizza deliveryman just now.

Boy, God just send them and sends them.

Amazing he can use me at all.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

I get my Bibles here

Busy weekend!

I found an insane sale at Lifeway. http://www.lifeway.com/Bibles/c/N-1z...Sales-20131217

I got a lot of Bibles. I love finding a good deal and God led me right to it. I even left you a couple.

That was awesome.

Today, when I got to church, Chuck told me he would be happy to help me print up my Where to Look in the New Testament tracts. I haven't been able to find someone able to do it. He runs a print shop, and is confident.

But wait, Chuck said, we have something for you, and they brought out 2 cases of Lifeway's Outreach Bibles! I love these things, they have helps: where to look, common questions, etc, in addition to a nice-looking whole Bible.

I gave one away on the way home. I'm still handing out Bibles everyday.

This week, I would like to:

Get a busy commuting hot spot very near my home, good median and traffic.

Go back to hookertown, I mean Bissonnet, and do another handout.

Now I have whole Bibles, and more to come!

Exciting times!

I get my Bibles here

My sister found this guy while on vacation.

I'm not alone!

I get my Bibles here

Firemen!

Yeah, it was an interesting Handout.

I went out with 25 Bibles, distributed 19, in 50 minutes. Considering I was working in a solid middle class residential/industrial area - I'm happy. Hey, one Bible makes me happy. Standing there with the sign makes me happy, because someone's going to think about God when they see it.

Let me tell you, though. The haters were hating. You'd think I'd have this problem in the ghettoes. I don't. They just ignore me or want a Bible. These guys, boy were they scowly, shaking their heads, frowning at me, etc.

To quote Taylor Swift, I just shook it off. I feel sorry for them. It was a much tougher crowd, but that made it more fun when I did distribute a Bible. One lady took 3, and wants to attend my church now. I was glad I put the church invite cards into the Bibles.

One lady was dressed for a food service job, her hair in a bun, under a hairnet. She was surprised, but happy, to get a Bible.

I gave out a couple of Spanish, that always makes me happy.

I gave one Bible to a young man covered in colorful tattoos. I really wanted to get the garbage truck guys, but they couldn't get over. Instead, I had a FIRE TRUCK. The window was open. I dove into my bag, grabbing the biggest stack I could hold. I handed it up to the driver, who was grinning. "I'll hand them out to the guys" he said. YES.

I did get some people, I believe to be Christians, nodding and waving back as I cavorted on the corner. One lady stopped and told me she really liked what I was doing. I told her God gets all the credit on that, I get panic attacks around traffic, but NEVER on a Handout.

I'm just the tool, nothing more. I am only notable because I go.

Please pray for the recipients!

I walked over to the intersection, from my house, with a shoulder bag full of New Testaments, the ones I got on clearance for a quarter each. Not many left, now.

I get my Bibles here

Apparently, I wasn't done yet.

I took what was left of my Bibles to the chicken place.

Except we couldn't get a ride to the chicken place, we got there half an hour late.

JUST in time to see the police talking to the mugging victim. She had been robbed INSIDE the chicken place. The employees are behind a plexiglass wall. If that road had a median.... perfect for a handout.

Everyone was totally freaked out. The employees got Spanish Bibles, and I gave some Scripture booklets to the victim and her friends.

Total 27 Bibles today, counting drivers, not counting the Scripture booklets.

Sure glad our ride was late, or it would have been us, getting robbed.

I get my Bibles here

Got 172 Bibles today, and some Bible Promise books.

I felt Holy Spirit prompting me to give one to our friend/driver. He is unreached "I am fine with God", believes those TV shows that say the Bible is corrupted, etc. Maybe the promise book will work on him in a way the Bible I gave him didn't.

Needless to say, my shelving system is about to burst. Time for some Handouts!

Please ask God to make it very clear - it's been all rain this week so no Handouts (I don't care, but the recipients do).

I get my Bibles here

You and your husband have such an amazing story. Your daily life would make an interesting reality TV show.

You two are very blessed.
    Hebrews 11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.
    3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

SICK! Work! Rain!

Finally!

I have always wanted to hand out really nice Bibles in the ghetto. Thanks to you, I got to do it today.

Our drop off driver had just warned us, grimly, "This is a bad neighborhood" in a very cautious tone. "The neighborhood has a bad reputation" I told Ron "But that doesn't mean it has bad people."

Case in point, the carload of young gangbangers who pulled up shortly after I got to the corner and set up (I brought approximately 100 Bibles, handed out 75 in about an hour - whole Bibles, except for the kiddie ones, and I only had 10 of them).

Mom and Dad are going to read this... let's just say the light changed unexpectedly and a car flew by at a high rate of speed while I was still in the middle lane. I jumped, and looked over my shoulder for more before I headed back to the safety of "my" median. 4 young men in the car, they each wanted a Bible, and I had NICE ones, beautiful fake leather covers, gilded pages, lots of helps, Bibles I have dreamed of handing out, especially there.

Anyway, I was startled. "Don't worry" the young man smiled at me, showing a couple of gold teeth "You're doing God's work. He's going to protect you!" I grinned and thanked him, told the whole group I'd be praying daily (that is, like, sacred to me), and they went on their way.

I did 3 carloads of gangbangers. I did some walk bys. "If they're rubbernecking" I told Ron "They'll take a Bible". Especially if I give them a big grin and wave them over as if I've been expecting them. On the way home, I gave one to a lady at the bus stop who almost cried.

One young man walked past me, carrying his basketball, down the sidewalk, then doubled back and asked me for a Bible. I met him halfway across the street with a huge grin and a nice Bible. God does all the work here, I just have to go, smile, distribute, and pray daily afterward.

On a side note, I was happy to smile a lot, as my whitening toothpaste is really doing the job.

One guy parked the car (he was driving the other way and saw Ron's sign, which he faces toward the northbound traffic, while I handle the southbound traffic), crossed two streets, and came over to get two Bibles, one for his Mom. I asked if he had kids, and gave him 4 kiddie Bibles too.

The Kid Bibles were, as expected, a huge hit. They went pretty fast.

One of my favorite interactions involved an older Spanish grandmother. She stopped, and I gave her a Spanish Bible. She exclaimed, and I gave her two more, one for each child accompanying her. She had a discussion with the oldest, in Spanish, who returned the Spanish and requested an English instead. I was happy to oblige.

I had one Spanish fellow at the T end of the intersection. I waved him over and he gestured he'd come when he could. He did, and when I realized he was Spanish I handed him some New Testaments, which he loved.

I took several whole Spanish, and handed nearly all of them out. People are always delighted to get a Bible in their own language.

One lady began shrieking out a car window when she saw the sign. They pulled up. She does evangelism in the neighborhood. She wanted 2 adult, women's Bibles. (The KJV were pink so I handed them out to the women, the NIV were turquoise so I handed them to the men - and they went extremely fast). She also wanted 5 more, if possible. Of course. As I was handing them over and querying her about kiddie stuff, we heard a police siren.

The policeman decided to pull up behind this lady, this evangelist, getting Bibles from another evangelist (me). Really, you think he'd have been HAPPY people were getting Bibles in that area. No. He wanted her to "Move along" because the light had changed.

Really.

"He's not a friend of Jesus" Ron said sadly. She came back, though, and I gave her what I had left of the kiddie stuff, some World Missionary Press booklets, and information on obtaining lots of free booklets from World Missionary Press.

"Can I hug you?" She asked, her eyes alight. "Of course". We had a good hug and she left.

I still can't believe the policeman. Ron and I did agree we need to do this again, another Saturday around dinnertime.

It's a good thing the policeman hadn't seen me earlier, when God had the whole intersection at a standstill, literally EVERY car at the light wanted multiple Bibles. I was running! It took me minutes to get my breath back. It was a heck of a way to start the Handout, and complete validation I had come to exactly the right place.

Within an hour I was completely wiped out. I had one Bible left, which I gave to the lady at the bus stop.

We took the bus home rather than wait an hour. We believe in using common sense.

Happily, I have plenty more at home. I definitely want to go again.

I had to go today, even after a long day at work, due to severe weather all next week. I was exhausted, it was one of those "God this all has to happen in Your strength" and of course He supplied it.

I do wish I could get a portapotty on the median, though. LOL It's a hard line, staying hydrated in a neighborhood with no public bathrooms!

I get my Bibles here

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how the weather was where you are. It's not been very nice in parts of TX and OK lately.

I love the stories and will be praying for the recipients (and that policeman!)
    and to wait for his Son from heaven,
    whom he raised from the dead—Jesus,
    who rescues us from the coming wrath
    1 Thessalonians 1:10

SICK! Work! Rain!

Finally!

I have always wanted to hand out really nice Bibles in the ghetto. Thanks to you, I got to do it today.

Our drop off driver had just warned us, grimly, "This is a bad neighborhood" in a very cautious tone. "The neighborhood has a bad reputation" I told Ron "But that doesn't mean it has bad people."

Case in point, the carload of young gangbangers who pulled up shortly after I got to the corner and set up (I brought approximately 100 Bibles, handed out 75 in about an hour - whole Bibles, except for the kiddie ones, and I only had 10 of them).

Mom and Dad are going to read this... let's just say the light changed unexpectedly and a car flew by at a high rate of speed while I was still in the middle lane. I jumped, and looked over my shoulder for more before I headed back to the safety of "my" median. 4 young men in the car, they each wanted a Bible, and I had NICE ones, beautiful fake leather covers, gilded pages, lots of helps, Bibles I have dreamed of handing out, especially there.

Anyway, I was startled. "Don't worry" the young man smiled at me, showing a couple of gold teeth "You're doing God's work. He's going to protect you!" I grinned and thanked him, told the whole group I'd be praying daily (that is, like, sacred to me), and they went on their way.

I did 3 carloads of gangbangers. I did some walk bys. "If they're rubbernecking" I told Ron "They'll take a Bible". Especially if I give them a big grin and wave them over as if I've been expecting them. On the way home, I gave one to a lady at the bus stop who almost cried.

One young man walked past me, carrying his basketball, down the sidewalk, then doubled back and asked me for a Bible. I met him halfway across the street with a huge grin and a nice Bible. God does all the work here, I just have to go, smile, distribute, and pray daily afterward.

On a side note, I was happy to smile a lot, as my whitening toothpaste is really doing the job.

One guy parked the car (he was driving the other way and saw Ron's sign, which he faces toward the northbound traffic, while I handle the southbound traffic), crossed two streets, and came over to get two Bibles, one for his Mom. I asked if he had kids, and gave him 4 kiddie Bibles too.

The Kid Bibles were, as expected, a huge hit. They went pretty fast.

One of my favorite interactions involved an older Spanish grandmother. She stopped, and I gave her a Spanish Bible. She exclaimed, and I gave her two more, one for each child accompanying her. She had a discussion with the oldest, in Spanish, who returned the Spanish and requested an English instead. I was happy to oblige.

I had one Spanish fellow at the T end of the intersection. I waved him over and he gestured he'd come when he could. He did, and when I realized he was Spanish I handed him some New Testaments, which he loved.

I took several whole Spanish, and handed nearly all of them out. People are always delighted to get a Bible in their own language.

One lady began shrieking out a car window when she saw the sign. They pulled up. She does evangelism in the neighborhood. She wanted 2 adult, women's Bibles. (The KJV were pink so I handed them out to the women, the NIV were turquoise so I handed them to the men - and they went extremely fast). She also wanted 5 more, if possible. Of course. As I was handing them over and querying her about kiddie stuff, we heard a police siren.

The policeman decided to pull up behind this lady, this evangelist, getting Bibles from another evangelist (me). Really, you think he'd have been HAPPY people were getting Bibles in that area. No. He wanted her to "Move along" because the light had changed.

Really.

"He's not a friend of Jesus" Ron said sadly. She came back, though, and I gave her what I had left of the kiddie stuff, some World Missionary Press booklets, and information on obtaining lots of free booklets from World Missionary Press.

"Can I hug you?" She asked, her eyes alight. "Of course". We had a good hug and she left.

I still can't believe the policeman. Ron and I did agree we need to do this again, another Saturday around dinnertime.

It's a good thing the policeman hadn't seen me earlier, when God had the whole intersection at a standstill, literally EVERY car at the light wanted multiple Bibles. I was running! It took me minutes to get my breath back. It was a heck of a way to start the Handout, and complete validation I had come to exactly the right place.

Within an hour I was completely wiped out. I had one Bible left, which I gave to the lady at the bus stop.

We took the bus home rather than wait an hour. We believe in using common sense.

Happily, I have plenty more at home. I definitely want to go again.

I had to go today, even after a long day at work, due to severe weather all next week. I was exhausted, it was one of those "God this all has to happen in Your strength" and of course He supplied it.

I do wish I could get a portapotty on the median, though. LOL It's a hard line, staying hydrated in a neighborhood with no public bathrooms!
    Hebrews 11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.
    3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

It's all Him. I just stand there (and pray daily).

I'm glad God can use me.

I used to wonder why God made me this way, and then I realized probably only a crazy, brain damaged woman would go to that neighborhood on Saturday nights to hand out Bibles.

Ron is very faithful in accompanying me, and holding up his smaller sign.

I get my Bibles here

It's all Him. I just stand there (and pray daily).

I'm glad God can use me.

I used to wonder why God made me this way, and then I realized probably only a crazy, brain damaged woman would go to that neighborhood on Saturday nights to hand out Bibles.

Ron is very faithful in accompanying me, and holding up his smaller sign.
    After reading your posts, I never feel like I'm doing enough for Him.