Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Bible Handout thread weekly updates *merged*

I decided to hand out some whole Bibles, in a gallon ziplock, with an insane amount of candy.

They have been hugely popular. I did one yesterday, and four today. All the drivers were thrilled to get them and one was trying to read the Bible while driving.

I have a lot of fun seeing how God uses me.

To be clear: I am willing to be used, HOWEVER God wants. That is my only qualification. Anyone could do what I do; I just do it.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Bible in a bag of candy has been huge.

Everyone (prepped by God) is very eager and excited. It's fun to be a part of this.

I am dying to do a handout on the corner, but things haven't worked out for that yet. Praying on it.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

I get my Bibles here

Praying for you, your ministry, that many will be reached.

You have inspired me! I'm going to order tracts and pass them out during trick or treat with the halloween candy. We live in a big development and get hundreds of trick or treaters. Trick or treat is from 6-8 and during that time it is a neverending flow of kids (I'm pretty sure there are some adults in there too and some repeat customers ). It's a lot of fun and I enjoy talking to all of the children and passing out candy. We spend A LOT on candy to pass out though, as there are so many trick or treaters.

What a wonderful idea to bag the candy and put a tract in there with it! A wonderful way to spread the message of Jesus on a holiday which many celebrate for not so great reasons (sorry, don't know how to word that, just that I know halloween is known for ghosts, witches, the devil). We've always let our children dress up and go trick or treat. Halloween for us is just a day in which we dress up, have fun, and go get lots of candy. I know there are others who choose not to let their children go trick or treat or participate in it and that's ok. But what better way to spread the love of Christ on halloween?

Thanks for the idea!

The great thing, they come to you.

I generally find 1-2 discarded tracts the next day but think of all the other seeds that are planted.

I'm almost out of Bibles-in-a-bag-with-candy. I need to do up more.

One of my drivers was killed this week: http://www.click2houston.com/news/wo...ments/28968694 She was murdered by an exboyfriend and leaves 4 kids behind, one is 10.

My other drivers say her other kids are grown, and hoping they will step up to care for the young man.

On the heels of that my other drivers are very happy to get their Bibles.

I also desperately want to do a traditional handout this week, but that may not be what God has for me.

I get my Bibles here

I got a very nice thank you card from a recipient.

Then I went and bought more candy, because I've handed out pretty much and entire case of Bibles this week.

I should be set for next week once I bag it up.

I also have a very good start on Halloween candy. The "good stuff" sells out ahead of time.

Still seeking a handout but God made it pretty clear I needed today off.

I get my Bibles here

This week has been a lot of running around at work.

I haven't really been able to do any Handouts.

I got in the vehicle this morning, and was lamenting the fact to Ron.

"Oh!" the driver gasped. "You hand out the Bibles! Can I get a couple of the little ones?"

I raced back in the house, grabbed a few New Testaments, and got her a nice whole Bible too. She was thrilled.

So was I. Even if it's one Bible, I like to hand something out!

I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    This week has been a lot of running around at work.

I haven't really been able to do any Handouts.

I got in the vehicle this morning, and was lamenting the fact to Ron.

"Oh!" the driver gasped. "You hand out the Bibles! Can I get a couple of the little ones?"

I raced back in the house, grabbed a few New Testaments, and got her a nice whole Bible too. She was thrilled.

So was I. Even if it's one Bible, I like to hand something out!
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)