View Poll Results: Do you have privacy concerns with Facebook?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 60.00%
  • I'm beginning to

0 0%
  • Somewhat

0 0%
  • Not really

2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Do you have privacy concerns with Facebook?

Default Do you have privacy concerns with Facebook?

1. Yes
    2 Somewhat
    3 I'm beginning to
    4 No
    Baruch atah Adonai Eloheinu melech haolam --Blessed are you O Lord our God, King of the universe

No, and here's why.

1. I do not have my address or telephone number posted.

2. My profile is set to 'private'. What non-FB friends see is my profile pic. only and my gender. They see that everyday when I am walking down the street or at the grocery store.

3. I have 402 friends. I attended school w/ about 330 of my FB friends. The rest of my friends are either parents/siblings of my closer friends from school and/or present or former co-workers. I have a few people frm church and a few neighbors. A few of my son's friends are FB friends w/ me as well. In other words, my FB are my real life friends.

4. I do not talk about other people at all on FB, whether that be on MY profile or someone else's profile.

5. I do not reply to 'strange' messages. (I have only had about 5 strange messages ever and I have been on FB since the beginning of 09.)

6. I do not post my location, in general.

7. I do not say anything on FB that I wouldn't say in person, or that I would want a complete stranger to know...

I really enjoy FB. I enjoy catching up w/ my friends and seeing pics. of their families, and just getting reacquainted w/ others. Plus, who needs to watch the news these days...someone on FB will opst any important links! I don't have friends who consistently post derrogatory and/or negative posts or filthy pics. The one friend I had who did that, I 'hid' them to where their posts don't come up on my newsfeed.

Just my opinion, though.
    “My Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:40)

BTW, my son is now in the 8th grade!

I never have and never will have a FB account.