Thread: Big Brother and the Internet

Default Big Brother and the Internet

10 reasons why nothing you do on the internet will ever be private again.

{Mod Snip} Rule 14 {Mod Snip}
    Go ahead and read the article, detailing all the ways we are watched. It ends with this commentary "Yes, there will be people watching every single thing you do on the Internet. So it is important to be very careful.

But the Internet also gives us an opportunity to impact the world that is unlike anything previous generations have ever had. Something that you post on the Internet today could end up completely changing a life on the other side of the globe tomorrow. Those in power have begun to recognize how powerful the Internet is, and so they have begun to crack down on it.

It is also important to keep in mind that the Internet allows us to watch them as well. The Internet is an incredible tool for exposing evil and corruption, and over the past decade we have seen many instances when average people on the Internet have broken major news stories that the mainstream media would not dare touch initially.

In the final analysis, the ability to wake people up and to literally change the world outweighs the risks of being watched. If the world eventually descends into deep tyranny, you aren't going to have anywhere to hide even if you are not on the Internet.

Don't be afraid to stand up for the truth. It is better to do what is right and to be persecuted for it than to stand aside and do nothing.

The Internet is an awesome tool. It can be used for great good or for great evil."
    Last edited by Steve53; April 25th, 2012 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Rulz
    Baruch atah Adonai Eloheinu melech haolam --Blessed are you O Lord our God, King of the universe

I wouldn't be surprise they take control the internet and will only allow what will be shown on the internet and what not.

I no longer have reception on my television because the material was very inappropriate.I no longer go to movies because the material was very inappropriate.I do not listen to any other radio station besides our Christian station because the songs were not appropriate.BUT MY COMPUTER??!!I need it for work and many other important contacts.I am afraid that I can't just turn it off forever.If it becomes corrupt.

Default Big Brother

I use a website at work to see what kind of trail people leave on the internet. It's amazing some of the things you find out about them. It's a free site (pipl.com) and I myself have requested almost all info on me to be deleted.

Only my current work location is on there. Even my facebook profile photo now just shows my dogs.

No matter what we do, Jesus and Paul warned us to be ready for the time coming. I am praying we are out of here before too long.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

I know eventually it will come down to choices for the internet and cell phones. I don't have a pc I do all my internet stuff on my smartphone. And I know and am prepared for the day that if it should come while we are still here to say goodbye to my phone and turn it off. Which actually saddens me. I mostly come to RR when I am online on my phone. I love the fellowship of this place and its the only place I get any real fellowship so to speak. I have zero Christian friends in this state.
    Big brother hates us we point out their wrong doings and go against the grain. Sometimes even living in Oklahoma in a predominately baptist town that I'm just waiting for someone to knock on my door and tell me I'm wrong for making my children memorize bible verses. Or for my daughter bringing her bible to school. Eventually it will come to choices. And it seems we are fighting harder and more frequently against the powers of darkness. And for me even just coming here and listening to more Christian music I get attacked. Usually mentally.

With the internet, global information on a wide scale is available at our fingertips 24/7. We used to have to rely on a daily newspaper and the evening news... and you got to read or hear about whatever made it onto the news or into the newspaper. The internet has pluses and minuses, for sure. One of the pluses is that we can use it to know what is happening in whatever part of the world we're interested in. We can go to sources that aren't part of the normal programming to try and decipher what is really happening out there.
    Tall Timbers

The article keyed off of face book a lot.

Answer: Don't use face book or twitter.

I did a search of my username here (the only one I ever use), my real name, and even our main email addr, which is my wife's email really, on a website that is supposta gather info like this.....nada, there is nothing. You would think I'd get at least one ping on the username I use here, but there was nothing. Others out there apparently use it too in some way, but none are me. Some much for making any sort of impact on the net!
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Quote Originally Posted by Grtful1 View Post
    I use a website at work to see what kind of trail people leave on the internet. It's amazing some of the things you find out about them. It's a free site (pipl.com) and I myself have requested almost all info on me to be deleted.

Only my current work location is on there. Even my facebook profile photo now just shows my dogs.

No matter what we do, Jesus and Paul warned us to be ready for the time coming. I am praying we are out of here before too long.
    How do you delete your information on that website? I looked for myself and there are several listings.

In the UK the goverment is trying to push through a bill that enables them to intercept and read all, mobile phone calls, texts, e-mails etc. All in the name of anti terrorism and your safety in mind.
    "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." Hebrews 13:8

You will be judged on what you know