Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quote practice

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post
    ... trim out the portion you don't wish to include.
    works for me (I include dots to show truncation or ommission)
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Thanks Wally
    Ephesians 3:20
    20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us
    Philippians 4:8
    Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

how do you quote only a portion of someones post. didnt work
    20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us
    Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

The easiest is to utilize the "reply with post" feature and then trim out the portion you don't wish to include.[/QUOTE
    Ok Its not working
    Utilize "reply with post"?

Quote Originally Posted by seanswife View Post
    how do you quote only a portion of someones post. didnt work

Go down and click "Reply with Quote" button in the lower rh corner
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

how do you quote only a portion ...(see, you can even go back in edit mode and trim text).....post. didnt work

Now in the quotation {QUOTE=seanswife......} ...................text............text........... .. {/QUOTE}

Delete the text parts you do not want. DO NOT delete the command boxes with the square brackets =[
    I used curvy brackets for illustration. If you happen to delete too much, you can re-type characters.

Note you normally get about 15 minutes to go back an edit a post, after that it locks.

[QUOTE=Wally;2438852]

I used curvy brackets for illustration. If you happen to delete too much, you can re-type characters.

QUOTE]

Lets see if this works

[QUOTE=seanswife;2438940]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post

QUOTE]

Lets see if this works
    did it like you said and still nothing ARG

[QUOTE=seanswife;2438942]
    did it like you said and still nothing ARG
    Never mind it did work YAAHHHH Thanks so much Wally for all your help

[QUOTE=seanswife;2438943]

Never mind it did work YAAHHHH Thanks so much Wally for all your help
    Now if I can get rid of the my name from the top of the text but hey at least im getting there lol

Now if I can get rid of the my name from the top of the text but hey at least im getting there lol
    hmmm testing

hmmm testing
    YA I got it PTL Thanks again Wally

You can quote anything {QUOTE} ....... {/QUOTE} with this format .......... again I replaced [ with {

so
    wally said....
    you cannot delete the square brackets, the slash, or the Capital letters, they are part of the command.

you can edit internal optional parameters like =seanswife99999 (I forgot your number...)

I believe TigerLily has a thread in this sub-forum going over quotes, quotes within quotes, ad infinitum.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    . . . I believe TigerLily has a thread in this sub-forum going over quotes, quotes within quotes, ad infinitum.....
    Wow, Wally, what a memory you have! Here it is for those who are interested:

Quote practice
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?174562-Quote-practice

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
    Hmmmm

? EX: sometimes it is easier to highlight/delete something that runs together by adding a space:1. supercalifragilistic 2. super califragil istic 3. superistic
    just testing