Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Occupy Race Card: Trayvon Martin and both sides of racial issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    I don't know what happened, but here's my guess.

Zimmerman saw a "dangerous fellow" and decided to stalk him.
    Martin saw a big guy stalking him.
    They had a confrontation.
    I think Martin was "winning".
    Zimmerman panicked and shot Martin.

Big mistakes on both sides, but I have to say Zimmerman was at fault. He was told, by the police, to stop stalking Martin, and refused.
    He was told by 911 or a dispatcher, who have no real authority over people. If this was the case Joe Horn in Pasadena TX would have been arrested because the 911 operator told him to stay in his house, but Mr Horn did the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post
    Todd has an article called "Satan's Little Helpers" on the RR main page ... it's about the media doing the Devil's business in these last days. A worthy read that is all too accurate.
    Barb, could you post a link to this article? I went to the page but couldn't find it. Thanks!
    Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed.
    ~2 Timothy 2:15

God said it, I believe it, that settles it.

How has this become a race issue? Like someone said earier... this is more of a human issue, not race!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    And what has Obama done for the daily murders in Chicago gangs? Absolutely nothing!

He only takes cases that encourage class warfare and elevate racism.

Meanwhile, his goonie sidekick Holder is passing out guns in Mexico.

If Holder gave Zimmerman the weapon we would not even hear about this.
    Wow, sorry I missed this, excellent points above, but just terrible they even had to be thought of.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon9602 View Post
    How has this become a race issue? Like someone said earier... this is more of a human issue, not race!!
    Exactly, this is a bad and tragic situation. It is being used by Obama and his groups to rally his base. This is what Obama did before he was in politics, he was a paid agitator. Don't for a second think he isn't still doing this even though he is in the White House. He is still "organizing."

Quote Originally Posted by gradywhite View Post
    He wasn't suspended for the empty bag of weed, he was suspended cause he was caught on camera spray painting the door with a rather silly abreviation. Also did you know about all the other items in his bag?
    I went back and found that. The issue of things found in the bag the parents had never heard about so it may or may not be true. The graffiti is true so he had a few issues at school. I worked with teens a lot in my younger years and none of it isn't something that thousands if not millions of teens have done. I'm not defending it in any way but it really has nothing to do with the greater issue. I find some of the comments disconcerting and sad. A real lack of compassion and love for this young man who was just like many teens we all know. Zimmerman had no business following him with a loaded gun. He didn't see him sneaking out of someones window or anything like that. Trayvon may have very well made a mistake in getting physical but Zimmerman is responsible for his death. Because someone punches you it doesn't mean you get to shoot them. It's a tragedy that shouldn't have happened. One that should be mourned by all. Not an excuse to be divisive or let hidden prejudices raise up on either side.

I try to avoid conspiracy theories...well...maybe this is more of a political theory...politics at work as it were...but I think SummerSailing81 is on the right track as quoted below. This is the only reason I can really agree with that would cause the president to become involved.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerSailing81 View Post
    It's ALL about choices. Plus, IMO, the Democratic Party has to take responsibility for their part in this too because they've convinced minorities that they can only make it in life if the government is giving them handouts and the ONLY reason the Democrats have done this is to get the majority of the black vote.
    The penitent man kneels before God...and then rolls forward.

A punch can lead to death..... Your saying if someone punches me, I shouldn't do anything? I shouldn't punch back or use any weapon to defend myself? It sounds like that what Zimmerman was doing, defending himself? Did Martin have any bruise or scratch to prove that Zimmerman fought back? If someone is assaulted they have a right to defend themselves. It seems like Martin and Zimmerman were both in the wrong. But this should not be about race. That's what gets me. When you get Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Black Panthers and our very own president who happens to be black involve you ignite hate right there!! I don't think this was about race to begin with ... they want to make it out that way. That's how I see it.

Any organization or groups promotes hate and division IMO.

A punch can lead to death..... Your saying if someone punches me, I shouldn't do anything? I shouldn't punch back or use any weapon to defend myself? It seems like Martin and Zimmerman were both in the wrong. But this should not be about race. That's what gets me. When you get Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Black Panthers and our very own president who happens to be black involve you ignite hate right there!! I don't think this was about race to begin with ... they want to make it out that way. That's how I see it.

Any organization or groups promotes hate and division IMO.
    No, that is not what I said. If Trayvon punched him he should have tried to restrain him (like I did with juvenile deliquents) or he should have punched him back. That's exactly it. Trayvon did not have a gun or knife. You fight back. You tell him who you are so he knows a complete wacko isn't after him. You don't pull out a gun and shoot him dead. His injuries weren't such that he had to be taken to the hospital. This young man sat in the morge for 3 days. Even though he had a cell phone and the father's fiance lived in the neighborhood. His mother reported him missing and yet they failed to contact his family. I don't think Martin was in the wrong really. I can guarantee you 100% if someone followed my 70 year old white father while he took a walk he would have done the same. He would have asked him one time what he was about and then he would have taken care of the perceived threat the way many men have been taught to. Now one should be talking about Obama's response to it or the lefts for that matter IMO. It doesn't matter what they say. It only matters that we respond the way the lord would have us to. I think what is far more important is to pray for the family of this young man and discuss how such a horrible thing can be prevented from happening again in the future. White and black alike.

One thing that can't be ignored, a young kid is dead, and I'm sure the parents are outraged, even beside themselves with anguish and rage perhaps. Sad this story is going this way, its a disservice to the family, even if they don't realize it yet.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcpix02 View Post
    No, that is not what I said. If Trayvon punched him he should have tried to restrain him (like I did with juvenile deliquents) or he should have punched him back. That's exactly it. Trayvon did not have a gun or knife. You fight back. You tell him who you are so he knows a complete wacko isn't after him. You don't pull out a gun and shoot him dead. His injuries weren't such that he had to be taken to the hospital. This young man sat in the morge for 3 days. Even though he had a cell phone and the father's fiance lived in the neighborhood. His mother reported him missing and yet they failed to contact his family. I don't think Martin was in the wrong really. I can guarantee you 100% if someone followed my 70 year old white father while he took a walk he would have done the same. He would have asked him one time what he was about and then he would have taken care of the perceived threat the way many men have been taught to. Now one should be talking about Obama's response to it or the lefts for that matter IMO. It doesn't matter what they say. It only matters that we respond the way the lord would have us to. I think what is far more important is to pray for the family of this young man and discuss how such a horrible thing can be prevented from happening again in the future. White and black alike.
    Not everyone can restrain a juvenile, if you could you must be strong. I know I sure can't. Zimmerman didn't just pull out a gun and shot him dead it happened during the physical fight. A physical fight did occured before Zimmerman shot him.

Not everyone can restrain a juvenile, if you could you must be strong. I know I sure can't. Zimmerman didn't just pull out a gun and shot him dead it happened during the physical fight. A physical fight did occured before Zimmerman shot him.
    Nope I am not strong. I was given instruction and classes on how to defuse a confrontational situation and on how to restrain someone if needed Which is the very least someone should know in my opinion if they are paroling a neighborhood with a deadly weapon. I see no evidence that his life was in serious physical jeopardy to the point of needing to shoot him. I will leave it at that since we do not agree. It all takes away from the point that this death was tragic and the response is divisive on both sides and lacking in Christ's love imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcpix02 View Post
    Now one should be talking about Obama's response to it or the lefts for that matter IMO. It doesn't matter what they say. It only matters that we respond the way the lord would have us to. I think what is far more important is to pray for the family of this young man and discuss how such a horrible thing can be prevented from happening again in the future. White and black alike.
    You are right. This is a sad, unfortunate situation filled with a lot of wrong. I agree, prayer and reliance on God is very important. Pray for everyone involved.

The problem is, there are now two separate issues.

One is the case itself. It should be discussed/put together/tried in the way all cases are. We've been given bits and pieces about both guys involved, but it's still not the whole case. No one can truly have a fully informed opinion just yet. That's just the obvious truth.

The other is that the race card has been thrown out there and our president has made comments as well...in a election year. It matters very much what he and other Democrats say. It matters because it will impede Trayvon's family's ability to grieve. It could turn them to anger and hate. It matters to Zimmerman because he is on the receiving end of "you're a racist!" condemnation. It could endanger his life. It matters because it uselessly and inappropriately sparks more division and argument. It matters because it looks like it can easily become a political tool and issue.
    The penitent man kneels before God...and then rolls forward.

Quote Originally Posted by CorrinM View Post
    You are right. This is a sad, unfortunate situation filled with a lot of wrong. I agree, prayer and reliance on God is very important. Pray for everyone involved.

The problem is, there are now two separate issues.

One is the case itself. It should be discussed/put together/tried in the way all cases are. We've been given bits and pieces about both guys involved, but it's still not the whole case. No one can truly have a fully informed opinion just yet. That's just the obvious truth.

The other is that the race card has been thrown out there and our president has made comments as well...in a election year. It matters very much what he and other Democrats say. It matters because it will impede Trayvon's family's ability to grieve. It could turn them to anger and hate. It matters to Zimmerman because he is on the receiving end of "you're a racist!" condemnation. It could endanger his life. It matters because it uselessly and inappropriately sparks more division and argument. It matters because it looks like it can easily become a political tool and issue.
    I agree. It is important to wait for all the facts to come in. Your points about the race issue being used are legitimate. But I believe the response to it is totally wrong. Rather than throwing barbs at the left, attacking Trayvon or reacting with anger by verbally attacking back, I think we would be much better served to just reach out in love. For Christian's to reach out to the community where this occurred with compassion and love. Not judgement. To pray and seek the lord together and just maybe see this destructive work be quickly stomped out. Then maybe the parents won't feel hate but instead loved and that all mourn for their loss not just "their own". Hate never destroys hate, only love (the lord's love) does that.

He was told, by the police, to stop stalking Martin, and refused.
    Not true according to a report last night on Fox.

The 911 dispatcher asked Zimmerman if he was following the suspicious person.

Zimmerman relied "yes".

The dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that".

Zimmerman said "OK".

The police said Zimmerman returned to his truck -- they could hear him opening the door. Apparently Martin had turned around and followed him to the truck, starting a fight.

Yes, it's a tragedy a young man is dead ... I get that. But when someone breaks your nose and begins slamming your head on the pavement you do have a right to use deadly force. At least in Florida.

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post
    Not true according to a report last night on Fox.

The 911 dispatcher asked Zimmerman if he was following the suspicious person.

Zimmerman relied "yes".

The dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that".

Zimmerman said "OK".

The police said Zimmerman returned to his truck -- they could hear him opening the door. Apparently Martin had turned around and followed him to the truck, starting a fight.

Yes, it's a tragedy a young man is dead ... I get that. But when someone breaks your nose and begins slamming your head on the pavement you do have a right to use deadly force. At least in Florida.
    That doesn't sound credible to me. Why would TM follow him back to his truck and start a fight after trying to avoid a fight? I put all the blame on Zimmerman for taking the law into his own hands. He should have never left his truck and let the police do their job. We don't need vigilantes running around regulating the laws. Zimmerman never saw TM do anything only said he looked suspicious. Most likely because he was black and had a hoodie on. Whether this whole case really has anything to do with race is another thing, but I do know the media took it and ran with it and is exploiting it for all it's worth.

Let's suppose that Zimmerman saw TM rob someone or do a crime. Would that justify his actions? The right thing is to call the police give them all the info and let them handle it.

Default Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks

PARTIAL OBEDIENCE IS STILL REBELLION

Please pray for my daughter's salvation, Thank you.

Anno Domini

That is just so wrong! As a mother I would not want to profit anything from my child's death!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtown View Post
    That doesn't sound credible to me. Why would TM follow him back to his truck and start a fight after trying to avoid a fight? I put all the blame on Zimmerman for taking the law into his own hands. He should have never left his truck and let the police do their job. We don't need vigilantes running around regulating the laws. Zimmerman never saw TM do anything only said he looked suspicious. Most likely because he was black and had a hoodie on. Whether this whole case really has anything to do with race is another thing, but I do know the media took it and ran with it and is exploiting it for all it's worth.

Let's suppose that Zimmerman saw TM rob someone or do a crime. Would that justify his actions? The right thing is to call the police give them all the info and let them handle it.
    Here's a link

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/27...rtin-shooting/

A month after the actual shooting, here is what we as American citizens are faced with and must understand. Whether the information or disinformation is correct or incorrect is really not the focus sadly. The focus is the degree of inflexibilty and head strongness of the race activists and their militant cohorts if the results of the ordeal do not meet their expectations. The display of such sterness and disturbing comments should reveal to anybody that the activists are only interested in and can only be satisifed with 'Some Heads Are Gonna Role" actions. These folks mean business this time and any underlying thoughts one may have that they may be negotiated with to pacify the situation over to better times is totaly fooling themselves IMHO.