Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Occupy Race Card: Trayvon Martin and both sides of racial issues.

IMO, I don't think this is a race issue. It seems this race issue is going too far... and again, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Obama, and the black panther are making this a race issue. Bringing them all in the picture will not make the situation better, they are only making it worse... Did anyone see a video of a black 18 year old girl beating a white girl during a soccer game? I don't know what the deal is with her beating another girl. The comments I saw wasn't very pretty. Again, I just hope all this will not get out of control and Im afraid it might.

"Love shall cover a multitude of sins."

Are there any reports about the Christian response to this tragedy in the community? What an opportunity for the Church (as the elders around the throne in Revelation state, "...and have redeemed us to God by your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation")to let her "light so shine before men." I would love to see the churches of this community come together in a public display of love and hope and prayer and repentance with their faith in Jesus Christ guiding them to help heal the wounds this shooting has brought upon the people and, indeed, upon the nation.

Separating the goats from the sheep, so to speak. The media and indecent people who belong to this world who are using this event to further their own agenda will, by contrast, be revealed for who they really are - a people filled with hate and violence and rage.

Where is the Church to be salt and light in the midst of this evil? (It's a serious question...does anyone know of the Christian response)?
    The Gospel of Jesus Christ

"I am more flawed and sinful than I ever dared believe."

"I am more loved and accepted than I ever dared hope."

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post
    Another Hollywood bottom-feeder is cashing in on the story. Roseanne Barr published Zimmerman's parents home address on Twitter and that of his close friend. These liberals are openly inciting the murder of innocent people.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...-tweets-893416
    This makes my blood boil over.

People can pick sides and play armchair detective over an ongoing investigation, but how is destroying the peace and well being of an elderly couple and the parents of those involved have anything to do at all with the issue?

Zimmerman's parents and Trayvon's parents are not the ones involved. What a disgusting bunch of hypocrites these people are! May God see from Heaven what is being done here! The ones crying foul for Zimmerman's possible vigilantism, are now absolutely committing the same against Zimmerman's parents.

Whatever happened that day between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin left a young man dead and an investigation is on going.

But what I want to know from these folks who are publishing the address of the parents is this:

What did George Zimmerman's parents do to deserve this? How are they involved in this whatsoever?

What did a completely unrelated elderly couple do to deserve the tearing down of their peace of mind and to suffer their dwelling to be invaded, by a bunch of mindless tools to meat out the evil that they are so 'outraged' to have occurred?

Not outraged enough to not commit that which they hate apparently.

How is this defensible at all?

I wonder what will happen if someone is killed as a direct result of the actions of Roseanne, Spike Lee, and other haters.
    May God hold them accountable for their blood.

Quote Originally Posted by tardisdoctor View Post
    "Love shall cover a multitude of sins."

Are there any reports about the Christian response to this tragedy in the community? What an opportunity for the Church (as the elders around the throne in Revelation state, "...and have redeemed us to God by your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation")to let her "light so shine before men." I would love to see the churches of this community come together in a public display of love and hope and prayer and repentance with their faith in Jesus Christ guiding them to help heal the wounds this shooting has brought upon the people and, indeed, upon the nation.

Separating the goats from the sheep, so to speak. The media and indecent people who belong to this world who are using this event to further their own agenda will, by contrast, be revealed for who they really are - a people filled with hate and violence and rage.

Where is the Church to be salt and light in the midst of this evil? (It's a serious question...does anyone know of the Christian response)?
    Where exactly are you hoping to read a Christian response? Not in the media, I hope. Maybe such a response would be on a Christian forum? Or, do you want Christians to organize, and to display in public their prayers and support for everyone involved so that the media would film it and comment? Which media outlet would display the Christian perspective on this incident? Any ideas?

Where is salt and light, you ask?
    May I suggest that you read on this forum, for starters, since there are many Christ-followers on here. How about reading other Christian forums, if this one does not suit you?

I'm not sure what you are hoping to see and where?

How about asking a member of your church for their opinion? Hopefully, you will get a good Christian response there.
    Jesus saith unto him, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me." John 14:6

Mitt Romney is as white as the "Stay Puft Marshmallow Man"; it's obvious this race war event is nothing but a political agenda for the 2012 election.

Obama can't run on his record and will have to run on Racism.
    White on black and black on white crime is the same as it's always been; why bring it up at this point in time?

Zimmerman is Hispanic, the left needs the Hispanic vote.

Don't fall for the media's political ploys; even FOX news got sucked into this vortex.

Spiritual Warfare has entered POLITICS.

This should be the Christian response; recognizing the ploys of the devil.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...tin-tragedies/

The shooting death of Trayvon Martin in Florida has sparked national outrage, with civil rights leaders from San Francisco to Baltimore leading protests calling for a new investigation and the arrest of the shooter.

But what about all the other young black murder victims? Nationally, nearly half of all murder victims are black. And the overwhelming majority of those black people are killed by other black people. Where is the march for them?

Where is the march against the drug dealers who prey on young black people? Where is the march against bad schools, with their 50% dropout rate for black teenaged boys? Those failed schools are certainly guilty of creating the shameful 40% unemployment rate for black teens.

How about marching against the cable television shows constantly offering minstrel-show images of black youth as rappers and comedians who don't value education, dismiss the importance of marriage, and celebrate killing people, drug money and jailhouse fashion—the pants falling down because the jail guard has taken away the belt, the shoes untied because the warden removed the shoe laces, and accessories such as the drug dealer's pit bull.

Supposedly all of this is just entertainment and intended to co-opt the stereotypes. But it only ends up perpetuating stereotypes in white minds and, worse, having young black people internalize it as an authentic image of a proud black person.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...#ixzz1qbLt5s7Y

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon300 View Post
    Not necessarily. The nose is soft and doesn't take a very hard hit to break it. The other thing police reported was Martin slamming Zimmerman's head into the concrete. This would mean Martin grabbed the sides of Zimmerman's head. It is very possible neither would leave much to any marks on your hands.
    Good points, Gideon, which is basically my point of telling the story of my dd's friend. No one would be able to tell she was seriously beat up by seeing her or even watching her walk. We're in agreement.

I'm just so tired of the way the media and others want to turn everything into a racial issue.

I'll share a personal story with you. Most of my family is in law enforcement and years ago my brother (a white police officer) along with several other officers were engaged in a foot pursuit of a known criminal (who was black). They chased him a good while and when they finally caught up to him he was so combative that they sprayed him with pepper spray, put him on the ground, turned him onto his stomach and handcuffed him. One of the officers joked, "So you ran all that way and you got arrested anyway. Was it worth it?" And the man said, "Nooooooooo." My brother told me when he said no, he breathed it out like it was his last breath. Something just wasn't right. He asked him if he was ok, turned him over and couldn't find a pulse. They immediately called for medical assistance and my brother began CPR on him. He was later pronounced dead at the hospital.

The local media picked up the story and there were supporters of the deceased individual who would tell anyone they could what a fine, upstanding young man he had been. They wore T-shirts with his picture on it and complained very loudly about how the racist cops killed that sweet boy.

The police department put my brother and a few other officers on leave while they investigated the situation but I can tell you, that my brother was personally tormented by the death of this young man. "I wish I had never sprayed him with that pepper spray. What if he was allergic to it? Why didn't I start CPR sooner? Why didn't MEMS get there sooner? His poor mother, his poor family." Now, I know he is a police officer and he would be SO ticked if he knew I was telling you this, but my brother is the sweetest, most sensitive man anyone would know.

Eventually, all the facts finally came out with the autopsy results. Apparently, the man who had died had been a habitual crack/cocaine user which had greatly damaged his heart. The day he was approached by the police, he had a great deal of crack/cocaine on him and decided to eat it to get rid of it. The combination of the large quantities of drugs and the increased physical activity with the chase, were all too much at one time for his already weakened heart and he died. It never had anything to do with the actions of the police officers and had nothing whatsoever to do with race. (He also had a pretty extensive criminal record).

But by the time the truth came out, it was just a small blurb in the newspaper, barely mentioned and the damage had already been done. My brother had been accused of being a racist, and a murderer on top of the mental anguish he was experiancing due to the young man's death.

So, I guess my knee-jerk reaction is to view these "race" stories with a strong amount of skepticism. At the very least, all the facts should come out before the word "racist" gets thrown around so quickly by those who don't even know all the details of the story and especially by those whose sole purpose is to fan the flames.

Just wanted to share.

angelka71, thank you so much for sharing that story about your brother.

It's important because it illustrates how quickly the artificial, reactionary accusation of racism springs into action in the minds of many no matter the circumstances. The monstrous lie that innocent blacks will always be the victims of evil whites has been fed & kept alive by angry people with pay-back on their minds, mainly white liberals with a guilt complex over slavery.They're the ones who have made racial harmony impossible by encouraging the victim mentality we're seeing today.

These people are OBSESSED with race. They are imprisoned by their own ideology.

A Google search on "liberal white racism" or "white guilt" brings up a wealth of information on this disorder. One extremely liberal online commentary declared that "committed" white liberals who do not vote for Obama in 2012 are showing a subtle, unconscious form of racism which they've been suppressing.

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

The monstrous lie that innocent blacks will always be the victims of evil whites has been fed & kept alive by angry people with pay-back on their minds, mainly white liberals with a guilt complex over slavery.
    Slavery was never legal in Ohio, their doesn't work on me.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

One extremely liberal online commentary declared that "committed" white liberals who do not vote for Obama in 2012 are showing a subtle, unconscious form of racism which they've been suppressing.
    More like an unconscious form of asininity.

If Zimmerman had actually been a policeman, he would have taken Mark Furhman's of Los Angeles Police Department's OJ Simpson Murder Case place in the African American cultural most hated antagonist of all time. He still or might become the number one antagonist before the whole ordeal is over.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyK View Post
    This makes my blood boil over.

People can pick sides and play armchair detective over an ongoing investigation, but how is destroying the peace and well being of an elderly couple and the parents of those involved have anything to do at all with the issue?

Zimmerman's parents and Trayvon's parents are not the ones involved. What a disgusting bunch of hypocrites these people are! May God see from Heaven what is being done here! The ones crying foul for Zimmerman's possible vigilantism, are now absolutely committing the same against Zimmerman's parents.

Whatever happened that day between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin left a young man dead and an investigation is on going.

But what I want to know from these folks who are publishing the address of the parents is this:

What did George Zimmerman's parents do to deserve this? How are they involved in this whatsoever?

What did a completely unrelated elderly couple do to deserve the tearing down of their peace of mind and to suffer their dwelling to be invaded, by a bunch of mindless tools to meat out the evil that they are so 'outraged' to have occurred?

Not outraged enough to not commit that which they hate apparently.

How is this defensible at all?
    This makes my blood boil too because this will be completely overlooked by liberals everywhere. Anyone remember the shooting of Ms. Giffords? Liberals were crying foul because Sarah Palin, at one point in the past, had a campaign map that had crosshairs on it and one of the districts targeted was that of Giffords. And yet when these hypocritical, sycophantic Obama worshipers intend to cause harm by publishing Zimmerman's address (which, as you mentioned, was the wrong one and did nothing but cause an elderly couple undeserved stress and quite possibly physical harm) we hear not a peep from the left or their media zombies about how we need to "not use hateful rhetoric" and "tone things down". Palin uses a map with crosshairs months before a mentally unstable liberal goes on a rampage and it's in the news for weeks. Zimmerman shoots a young man, the leftist hate brigade threatens people, and we hear nothing about "hateful rhetoric". Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Spike Lee, and Roseanne Barr should all be thrown in jail for their actions.

Who has seen the documentary "The Corporation?"

This thread would fit into a segment of that film

And if you have not seen it, you definitely should!

Palin uses a map with crosshairs months before a mentally unstable liberal goes on a rampage and it's in the news for weeks.
    And what they conveniently forgot to mention in their *cough* reporting was the longtime "target" imagery used by both Dems and Republicans when planning how to win various districts.

Satan's Little Helpers in the press took a metaphor and deliberately turned it into something else with the intent of inflaming the nation. These people are not journalists but activist clones of their Marxist college professors.

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

Quote Originally Posted by jeri559 View Post
    I agree with you and is why he chose to interject himself politically into this matter without all the facts when he should have just kept his mouth shut. Obama is not a stupid man and knows exactly what he is doing which was to fan the media and agitate the populace. I was living in Southern California when the Rodney King riots broke out. It was just awful and many innocent people were seriously injured and some killed all because it became a racially charged matter. It divided Los Angeles and set racial progress back 20 years. King was a thug and resisting arrest but the LAPD were over the top in their handling of the situation. Like in this case, those involved made bad decisions and let it get out of control and then the media worked up the masses. I worked just a block away from some of the fires and watched as the National Guard patrolled the streets. I pray the media circus surrounding this doesn't fuel a race war. Our country is divided enough already.
    I totally agree. This controversy is dividing the races, especially the Mexicans and blacks. I remember seeing on TV a video of Rodney King being interviewed by the news media about the riots going about between the blacks and the other races in LA, and he responded "Why can't we all just get along?" He was absolutely right. Even though he was badly beaten by the cops for his reckless crime, he didn't bought into the media rumor (whether it was true or not) that the cops had racial prejudice against him when they beat him up, nor did he let that rumor stir up hatred towards whites or resentment towards blacks being always treated unfairly. That video showed me though that he was most likely angry that he was unfairly treated, he was worried about the state of the nation and the division amongst the races as a result of the over-publicity of his incident. Later when he was interviewed years later, he said that he forgives those cops.

It would have been nice if Trayvon's parents took Rodney's approach instead of profit from their son's demise (shame on them for that ). We don't know all the facts yet (though most of them we know now are being mixed up with heavy bias) so we all can't jump to conclusions about what happened and then risk creating division between the two parties' supporters and the rest of the nation.
    Let's Dance, kupo!

Both Jared Lee Loughner, who shot Kathy Giffords, and Zimmerman, are gun toting Democrats.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

i live in t
    orlando and local news runs this almost non stop

but in my opinion those who cry racist the loudest
    are generally the most racist themselves
    they project their racism on others

and remember al sharpton and the Duke case? ya think he would have learned
    Great is the Name of the Lord

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by lighthouse View Post
    and remember al sharpton and the Duke case? ya think he would have learned
    Sharpton and his ilk have learned how to inject themselves into situations that have nothing to do with them personally in order to make it all about them personally. They should be held personally responsible when the useful idiots they surround themselves with cause mayhem.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    This makes my blood boil too because this will be completely overlooked by liberals everywhere. Anyone remember the shooting of Ms. Giffords? Liberals were crying foul because Sarah Palin, at one point in the past, had a campaign map that had crosshairs on it and one of the districts targeted was that of Giffords. And yet when these hypocritical, sycophantic Obama worshipers intend to cause harm by publishing Zimmerman's address (which, as you mentioned, was the wrong one and did nothing but cause an elderly couple undeserved stress and quite possibly physical harm) we hear not a peep from the left or their media zombies about how we need to "not use hateful rhetoric" and "tone things down". Palin uses a map with crosshairs months before a mentally unstable liberal goes on a rampage and it's in the news for weeks. Zimmerman shoots a young man, the leftist hate brigade threatens people, and we hear nothing about "hateful rhetoric". Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Spike Lee, and Roseanne Barr should all be thrown in jail for their actions.
    Thank you. You've elaborated further on what I was thinking! Isn't the double standard incredible?

As far as I know, by the grace of God, no one has been hurt as of yet.

However, it is absolutely a terrible thing to have your property invaded by a swarm of mindless fools and to be chased out of your own home by the same. Our dwellings are the one place we come to expect to be a reprieve from the world.

Short of moving, Zimmerman's parents and an unrelated elderly couple are now robbed of any sense of privacy or well being they may have once had where they live now. That's a very terrible thing to experience.

Raging heathens. Who among these mobs of hate can call themselves Christians?

Ezekiel 18:19-23
    Yet do you say, Why does not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son has done that which is lawful and right and has kept all My statutes and has done them, he shall surely live.

The soul that sins, it [is the one that] shall die.

The son shall not bear and be punished for the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear and be punished for the iniquity of the son; the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him only, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon the wicked only.

But if the wicked man turns from all his sins that he has committed and keeps all My statutes and does that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

None of his transgressions which he has committed shall be remembered against him; for his righteousness which he has executed [for his moral and spiritual rectitude in every area and relation], he shall live.

Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked? says the Lord, and not rather that he should turn from his evil way and return [to his God] and live?
    Does God's nature change? Should the irrational mobs be pestering the parents over an ongoing investigation that doesn't involve them concerning the incident? Or how about some of these for the angry mobs?

Proverbs 14:15
    The simpleton believes every word he hears, but the prudent man looks and considers well where he is going.
    Proverbs 14:17
    He who foams up quickly and flies into a passion deals foolishly, and a man of wicked plots and plans is hated.
    Proverbs 14:29
    He who is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who is hasty of spirit exposes and exalts his folly.
    Proverbs 24:23
    These also are sayings of the wise: To discriminate and show partiality, having respect of persons in judging, is not good.
    Ecclesiastes 7:9
    Do not be quick in spirit to be angry or vexed, for anger and vexation lodge in the bosom of fools.
    James 1:16
    Understand [this], my beloved brethren. Let every man be quick to hear [a ready listener], slow to speak, slow to take offense and to get angry.
    James 2:1
    MY BRETHREN, pay no servile regard to people [show no prejudice, no partiality]. Do not [attempt to] hold and practice the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ [the Lord] of glory [together with snobbery]!
    What is being espoused by the black KKK and fanned by race mongers is not right. It's hypocrisy. It's evil. Zimmerman's day in court is in due time, but what's being done right now concerning this whole ordeal is plain for anybody to see.

This is the Christian response to this entire affair:

Hebrews 4:12-13
    For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective];

It is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.

And not a creature exists that is concealed from His sight, but all things are open and exposed, naked and defenseless to the eyes of Him with Whom we have to do.
    All of us are due a day to meet our Creator, for Christians, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

If the human courts fail for reason of inadequacy or corruption, you can rest in the assurance that God will not fail and He will judge a thing with absolute authority. Believer or otherwise, all people will be before God someday and every wrong will be made right.

The account will be settled. One way or another.
    _____

The overall reaction to this story is entirely frivolous and reeks of an agenda to manipulate the population. Brothers and sisters in Christ, don't be deceived. Don't be washed away in this tide of race baiting and hate mongering.

I'm already noticing some racism, directed at me.

I believe she thought I was my (black) husband's caregiver, and not his bride.

Well, I'm both.

REally, you can only overcome hatred through love. Luke 6:28

I was as kind as I could be to her, in response.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here