Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Occupy Race Card: Trayvon Martin and both sides of racial issues.

While the deranged Al Sharpton incites the angry mob it's good to see some common sense prevailing. From Drudge ....

NAACP condemns Sharpton's call for escalation in civil disobedience...

Talkradio host calls for arrest and removal from MSNBC...

I agree with this..... Al Sharpton is clearly breaking the law and should be arrested. The Black Panthers who have put a bounty on Zimmerman's head while declaring we'll make sure justice done if the authorities don't should also be removed from our streets.

I don't understand why race agitators are allowed to get away with this stuff. WHY do we tip toe around these creeps?

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post
    Its about time. One of the biggest failures of the Obama Administration is that he could have been the most influential President ever in healing the racial divide, and help the black people in this country recover from things such as >70% out of wedlock birth in the black community. Even today he could reign in Sharpton rather easily, yet he doesn't. Instead, he squandered his time in office, and only inflamed racial relations more. Shame on him, but I guess people like him feel no shame.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Sharpton may be trying to resuscitate his career in the race-card trade.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post
    Its about time. One of the biggest failures of the Obama Administration is that he could have been the most influential President ever in healing the racial divide, and help the black people in this country recover from things such as >70% out of wedlock birth in the black community. Instead, he squandered it, and only inflamed it more. Shame on him, but I guess people like him feel no shame.
    He was given a gift by people who knew he had nothing going for him except he is half-black, but they wanted that further healing.

You're right, like so many things, he grabbed it and proceeded to make things worse. The anti-Midas.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Liberal celebs like Mike Tyson will admit that Obama's presidency has caused more racial warfare.....but not because Obama and his agenda has enabled it, only that whites are mad that he became and is still president.
    I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
    For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
    no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Quote Originally Posted by angelka71 View Post
    I'm just so tired of the way the media and others want to turn everything into a racial issue.

I'll share a personal story with you. Most of my family is in law enforcement....(snip)
    angelka,

Thank you for your story. My brother, who is white, is a deputy in the Florida county where this occurred. I worry constantly for him and his family, given the emotions running high in the black community. I have a bad feeling that this is not going to end without violence. I pray that the Lord keeps my brother and his family safe.

Default Pat Buchanan: It's all about race now.

It's all about race now
    by Patrick J. Buchanan (more by this author)
    Posted 03/30/2012 ET

If it had been a white teenager who was shot, and a 28-year-old black guy who shot him, the black guy would have been arrested.

So assert those demanding the arrest of George Zimmerman, who shot and killed Trayvon Martin.

And they may be right.

Yet if Trayvon had been shot dead by a black neighborhood watch volunteer, Jesse Jackson would not have been in a pulpit in Sanford, Fla., howling that he had been "murdered and martyred."

Maxine Waters would not be screaming "hate crime."

Rep. Hank Johnson would not be raging that Trayvon had been "executed." And ex-Black Panther Bobby Rush would not have been wearing a hoodie in the well of the House.

Which tells you what this whipped-up hysteria is all about.

It is not about finding the truth about what happened that night in Sanford when Zimmerman followed Trayvon in his SUV, and the two wound up in a fight, with Trayvon dead.

It is about the exacerbation of and the exploitation of racial conflict.

And it is about an irreconcilable conflict of visions about what the real America is in the year 2012.

Zimmerman "profiled" Trayvon, we are told. And perhaps he did.

But why? What did George Zimmerman, self-styled protector of his gated community, see that night from the wheel of his SUV?

He saw a male. And males are 90 percent of prison inmates. He saw a stranger over 6 feet tall. And he saw a black man or youth with a hood over his head.

Why would this raise Zimmerman's antennae?

Perhaps because black males between 16 and 36, though only 2 to 3 percent of the population, are responsible for a third of all our crimes.

In some cities, 40 percent of all black males are in jail or prison, on probation or parole, or have criminal records. This is not a product of white racism but of prosecutions and convictions of criminal acts.

Had Zimmerman seen a black woman or older man in his neighborhood, he likely would never have tensed up or called in.

For all the abuse he has received, Geraldo Rivera had a point.

Whenever cable TV runs hidden-camera footage of a liquor or convenience store being held up and someone behind the counter being shot, the perp is often a black male wearing a hoodie.

Listening to the heated rhetoric coming from demonstrations around the country, from the Black Caucus and TV talkers -- about how America is a terrifying place for young black males to grow up in because of the constant danger from white vigilantes -- one wonders what country of the mind these people are living in.

The real America is a country where the black crime rate is seven times as high as the white rate. It is a country where white criminals choose black victims in 3 percent of their crimes, but black criminals choose white victims in 45 percent of their crimes.

Black journalists point to the racism manifest even in progressive cities, where cabs deliberately pass them by to pick up white folks down the block.

That this happens is undeniable. But, again, what is behind it?

As Heather Mac Donald of the Manhattan Institute has written, from January to June 2008 in New York City, 83 percent of all identified gun assailants were black and 15 percent were Hispanics.

Together, blacks and Hispanics accounted for 98 percent of gun assaults.

Translated: If a cabdriver is going to be mugged or murdered in New York City by a fare, 49 times out of 50 his assailant or killer will be black or Hispanic.

Fernando Mateo of the New York State Federation of Taxi Drivers has told his drivers, "Profile your passengers" for your own protection. "The God's honest truth is that 99 percent of the people that are robbing, stealing, killing these guys are blacks and Hispanics."

Fernando Mateo is himself black and Hispanic.

To much of America's black leadership and its media auxiliaries, what happened in Sanford was, as Jesse put it, that an innocent kid was "shot down in cold blood by a vigilante."

Yet, from police reports, witness statements, and the father and friends of Zimmerman, another picture emerges.

Zimmerman followed Trayvon, confronted him, and was punched in the nose, knocked flat on his back and jumped on, getting his head pounded, when he pulled his gun and fired. That Trayvon's body was found face down, not face up, would tend to support this.

But, to Florida Congresswoman Federica Wilson, "this sweet young boy ... was hunted down like a dog, shot on the street, and his killer is still at large."

Some Sanford police believed Zimmerman; others did not.

But now that it is being investigated by a special prosecutor, the FBI, the Justice Department and a coming grand jury, what is the purpose of this venomous portrayal of George Zimmerman?

As yet convicted of no crime, he is being crucified in the arena of public opinion as a hate-crime monster and murderer.

Is this our idea of justice?

No. But if the purpose here is to turn this into a national black-white face-off, instead of a mutual search for truth and justice, it is succeeding marvelously well.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.p...t=yes&id=50546

'Walk humbly with the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in all your works and growing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10 NKJV

Blacks vs. whites, Republicans vs. Democrats, Palestinians vs. Israelis, North Korea vs. South Korea, Christians vs. Muslims, Church vs. the state, gays vs. straights, rich vs. poor, etc., etc., etc.

Jesus will accept them all if they seek Him. For me, I just want to go home.
    Last edited by PepsiDad; March 31st, 2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by turalura View Post
    Pat Buchanan: It's all about race now.
    Hammer meets nail. Let's at the very least let the due process finish before the race wars begin and the 'good' vigilantes go looking for blood.

Quote Originally Posted by PepsiDad View Post
    Blacks vs. whites, Republicans vs. Democrats, Palestinians vs. Israelis, North Korea vs. South Korea, Christians vs. Muslims, Church vs. the state, gays vs. straights, rich vs. poor, etc., etc., etc.

Jesus will accept them all if they seek Him. For me, I just want to go home.
    Agreed and ditto.

Thank you for your story. My brother, who is white, is a deputy in the Florida county where this occurred. I worry constantly for him and his family, given the emotions running high in the black community. I have a bad feeling that this is not going to end without violence. I pray that the Lord keeps my brother and his family safe.

I will be praying for you and your brother and his family. May the Lord keep His hand over him and the others in that community.

Default NBC to do ‘internal investigation’ on Zimmerman segment

NBC told this blog today that it would investigate its handling of a piece on the “Today” show that ham-handedly abridged the conversation between George Zimmerman and a dispatcher in the moments before the death of Trayvon Martin. A statement from NBC:

“We have launched an internal investigation into the editorial process surrounding this particular story.”

Great news right there. As exposed by Fox News and media watchdog site NewsBusters, the “Today” segment took this approach to a key part of the dispatcher call:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

Here’s how the actual conversation went down:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

The difference between what “Today” put on its air and the actual tape? Complete: In the “Today” version, Zimmerman volunteered that this person “looks black,” a sequence of events that would more readily paint Zimmerman as a racial profiler. In reality’s version, Zimmerman simply answered a question about the race of the person whom he was reporting to the police. Nothing prejudicial at all in responding to such an inquiry.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...g.html?hpid=z6

I know this is from a blog so mods feel free to remove. I went ahead and posted it anyway bc it CLEARLY shows how the mainstream media DELIBERATELY altered the 911 call in order to make it look like race was one of the primary factors in Zimmerman being suspicious of TM.

Wow. Even though I know how the mainstream media manipulates stories, even I am blown away by this!

Link: Neighbor defends George Zimmerman

TAMPA - One of George Zimmerman's neighbors is speaking out, saying looks can be deceiving.

Despite booking video from the Sanford Police Department that many say shows George Zimmerman largely unscathed from his encounter with Trayvon Martin, the neighbor said he saw Zimmerman with obvious injuries.

The neighbor is talking for the first time about what he saw on George Zimmerman's face less than 24-hours after Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin.

"I saw George. He was banged up. His head had two big bandages, that weren't flat, had a bump on them," the neighbor, who did not want to be identified, said.

He described where the injuries were.

"I seen him have a big bandage on his nose and his nose swollen. On the side, where his eyes were at, it was swollen," he said.
    It's getting harder and harder to keep up with all the he-said/she-said stories on this.

Quote Originally Posted by PepsiDad View Post
    Link: Neighbor defends George Zimmerman

It's getting harder and harder to keep up with all the he-said/she-said stories on this.
    This is why these people should stay out of it and not pull the race card so fast. Everything is confusing now and Im not sure who is telling the truth... Now Im hearing that there is a another witness who just stepped out after a month of this incident stating he saw Zimmerman on top of Martin. There is another witness who said the opposite right when it happened. Obviously someone is lying .... it is hard to discern the truth especially when we don't have the evidence right in front of us.

There is another witness who said the opposite right when it happened. Obviously someone is lying ..
    Not necessarily.The two men could have wrestled making both of them on top for a second.

We weren't there so we shouldn't speculate about those who were.

I hope the special prosecutor puts all this ugliness to rest soon because this case is getting more OJ-ish every day. I remember how every witness became a suspect who must be "hiding" something, thanks to the lawyers spreading disinformation and innuendo.

One elderly man who was out walking his dog near the victim's house was on the stand for days being grilled to get his ear witness testimony down to the second. Johnny Cochran and co made the man appear to be lying about the time frame because Simpson didn't have an alibi for those exact minutes.

Score another point for "reasonable doubt".

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

I have a mixed group of Facebook friends; and I am seeing a lot of very heated stuff from both sides.

Which, to me, is stupid, I'm a white woman married to a black man. I never once think about his race, or vice versa.

When I see a "thug" I am more inclined to want to give him a Bible.

This really reminds me of the whole Joe Horn debacle. Joe caught two men breaking into his neighbor's home. He went out and confronted them, shooting them each in the back as they tried to flee. It was a complete circus.

People stirring the pot, and making inflammatory comments, just make it worse.

Fernando Mateo of the New York State Federation of Taxi Drivers has told his drivers, "Profile your passengers" for your own protection. "The God's honest truth is that 99 percent of the people that are robbing, stealing, killing these guys are blacks and Hispanics."

I have talked to cab drivers, by the way. The average, ignorant, black passenger is considered a poor tipper, cheat, and probable murderer. We had a case in Houston about a year and a half ago, a black couple were robbing and killing cab drivers. One of the drivers they killed was black. He begged, and they laughed as they killed him.

It really upset the cab driver community.

They also do not pick up "flags" here in Houston, a "flag" - someone who waves down a cab as opposed to making a phone call; is far more likely to commit a crime or short the cab driver. They only take phone-ins, and only then if they deem it an acceptable neighborhood. They also talk about their fares and compare notes.

I wonder what they say about me?

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    Im not following...

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon9602 View Post
    Im not following...
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/eric-hold...remely-poorly/

Attorney General Eric Holder was unable to hold back his emotions during his testimony on Capitol Hill Tuesday. Holder admitted that the program, which was linked to the shooting death of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, had been executed extremely poorly. “It was a bad attempt at trying to deal with a very pernicious problem, where guns are flowing from the United States to Mexico,” Holder divulged. “In its conception, in its execution, it was fundamentally flawed,” Holder said about Fast and Furious. “I understand what they were trying to do, but they were doing it extremely, extremely poorly… it’s bad law enforcement.”
    "Bad Law Enforcement", such as Neighborhood Watch patrols.

Just imagine if a white republican was responsible for "Fast & Furious"

Holder already proclaims racism is behind his hearings when it's only about stupidity.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    This really reminds me of the whole Joe Horn debacle. Joe caught two men breaking into his neighbor's home. He went out and confronted them, shooting them each in the back as they tried to flee. It was a complete circus.
    This is incorrect. I live not too far from Mr Horn and know people that know him. He did not shoot them in the back. He shot them as they started walking towards him.

This Martin case is very similar because certain people want to make it all about race.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post
    While the deranged Al Sharpton incites the angry mob it's good to see some common sense prevailing. From Drudge ....

Talkradio host calls for arrest and removal from MSNBC...

I agree with this..... Al Sharpton is clearly breaking the law and should be arrested. The Black Panthers who have put a bounty on Zimmerman's head while declaring we'll make sure justice done if the authorities don't should also be removed from our streets.

I don't understand why race agitators are allowed to get away with this stuff. WHY do we tip toe around these creeps?
    The first thing Holder did when he became AG was to put out a memo stating that blacks would not be prosecuted for anything, in particular, for hate crimes committed against whites. DOJ attorney J. Christian Adams outted Holder, but NOTHING was done about it and it was basically swept under the rug. Sharpton, Jackson, the NBP, et al, are all safe and can do and say anything they want knowing they are safe from prosecution by the DOJ. That's obvious because the NBP publically put a bounty on the head of George Zimmerman and there was complete silence from the DOJ...and as long as Holder and bama are in charge, that's all we're ever going to hear from the DOJ. Just one more reason to fire bama in November.