Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Occupy Race Card: Trayvon Martin and both sides of racial issues.

I'll go a step further here and help out the Penguin and other's who maybe don't quite get it

Let's pretend we're in cartoon land, not trying to be funny here, just listen...
    2 characters are walking down a dark alley way, but there's enough light I can sure tell who's approaching, it's Batman and the other is the Penguin, one is the good guy the other is a bad guy right...
    2 more characters come down the alley way, one is an angel all in white and the other is satan all is red, one is a good guy, the other is bad.

This has nothing to do with comfort or the weather.
    And Rep Rush was, as you said, unprofessional...

I don't think I need to say anymore, except listen to what God's word says about the appearance of Evil, how can you tell?

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by Mtown View Post
    .... but the general population knew what was meant.
    No they don't. They have no clue they're being manipulated and agitated. They think all this crying out for "justice" is a righteous endeavor. They are being played. Remember the word "racist" as used in this instance is an invective and it's having the desired result by fomenting unrest.

If someone calls me racist I know what they are trying to say.
    Do you now? White Supremacists are racists. Skin heads are racists. Do you wish to be lumped into that category? Because if you accept the term you must accept the meaning.

How words are used and abused does have an impact and in this case the word racism is being wrongly applied but consciously so by those seeking to promote their agenda of racial division. Don't fall for the con in any way shape or form.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Not to mention..."donning the HOOD" is usually done, out of necessity, when it's cold...did this happen in Florida?

I'm provoking this thought because regardless of race, a donned Hood has imagery of negative personified mentality closely relating to those up to no good (whether in the 'burbs or the hood) to put it mildly.

Quote Originally Posted by jonshaff View Post
    Not to mention..."donning the HOOD" is usually done, out of necessity, when it's cold...did this happen in Florida?
    Yes, but the reports I have read said it was raining at the time, so sounds like Martin was wearing that for its utilitarian purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon9602 View Post
    Can someone kill someone just by punching them? Is it possible to kill someone by slamming their face on the pavement?
    Shannon, yes it is.

When Ron was in ICU, they brought in another patient. His ex girlfriend had lied to a bouncer at a nightclub and said (her ex, we'll call him John) John had pulled a knife on her. The bouncer grabbed John, while he was dancing, and threw him against a wall - once. His skull shattered and the fragments penetrated his brain. He died a few days later.

That was one blow.

To address the "White Hispanic" thing - you need to understand a little about Latino Culture. The "pure Spanish" blood, hispanics are very vain about their lighter skin and "Purity".

The "average" Mexican is a mixture of spanish and native blood. The "White Hispanics" tend to look down on the "Mexicans" as a result. In, fact, the greatest insult you can make to someone from any Latin American country, is to call the Mexican. The only thing worse, in their eyes, than a Mexican is a Cuban (often Black/Spanish/Native mix).

So, "White Hispanic" is a valid racial category, basically Spanish blood only. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Hispanic

The "Average" Hispanic is a mixture of Native American + Spanish blood, and Latino people can be just as racist on themselves as we are on each other. In the eyes of a "White Hispanic", it would be a terrible insult to call him Hispanic, Latino, or Mexican.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Here is an article published today.

{Mod Snip} Rule 9 - No Huff Post {Mod Snip}
    Last edited by Steve53; March 28th, 2012 at 07:47 PM.
    “My Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:40)

BTW, my son is now in the 8th grade!

This is all about hatred. Satan loves to stir up hatred because it leads to anger and anger that is not controlled leads to murder.

GAL 5:19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

GE 4:6 Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? 7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."
    So this all fits into Satan's agenda nicely to Kill, steal and destroy as much as he can while he can.

This is why we as Children of God are taught to love, not just one another but our enemies as well.

Thanks, Barb. I was about to post in this thread because I believe this entire case (Zimmerman/Martin) ,I fear, is going completely viral! I worked today and when I got home I was astonished to see what "went down" just today! (You posted some of what I saw, read, or heard.) I guess I really shouldn't say "astonished" about anything anymore because I really think Satan is doing as much as he can to tear down this world (and the USA) as quickly as he can. IMHO this tragic incident could be the fuse to set off what could be a huge war (civil unrest/race riots, etc.) here in America. ( I remember my parents and grandparents saying back in 1960 that this would happen--America would fall from within...) I am praying that people will take a "step back" and allow the justice system to work this out, but I'm thinking this probably won't happen since the rebel-rousers (Sharpton, Jackson, House reps, HLN's Vinnie and Jane Velez-Mitchell, Spike Lee, yadayada) are out in force. I know our Lord is in charge and am continuing to pray for the lost. I also thank God with all my heart for this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post
    Obama is exploiting/allowing all this for a reason. When I see a black neighbor, we meet as friends now but many people in high places want to change that. They are very good at creating racism where none exists. It doesn't take much to ignite a civil war.

For those who may not see the immediate danger to all Americans check out today's headlines. These are only part of what's happening out there:

MLK's Niece to Sharpton, Jackson: Stop 'playing race card' over Trayvon Martin...

Fmr. NAACP head rips exploitation...

Elderly couple living in fear over erroneous Spike Lee tweet...
    Flee home...
    Spike refuses to apologize...
    {note: Lee erroneously tweeted what he thought was George Zimmerman's address. Any guesses why? A friendly tea party perhaps?}

COPS: Trayvon protesters ransack store...

Buchanan: 'Douse the flames, Mr. President!'

FOX Pulls Ben Stiller Movie Trailer for 'NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH'...

www.drudgereport.com

The congressman was sending a signal. In the "thug" culture hoodie has an obvious double meaning. It's a play on words to brag about being a hood. Given the popularity of gangsta rap imagery is this surprising?
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28

Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsy View Post
    This is all about hatred. Satan loves to stir up hatred because it leads to anger and anger that is not controlled leads to murder.
    Exactly. We wrestle not against flesh and blood, and this is what true "spiritual warfare" is all about, this is a prime example of the Devil's schemes.

I certainly hope that every man and woman here realizes the color of a man means nothing in the body of Christ, and not be caught up in the passions of this world.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

When I wrote this 24 hours ago I hesitated to post, praying that this discussion on our blessed forum here would heal itself. Another woulda, coulda, shoulda on my conscience. The names have been changed, because we're all probably a little guilty in some respect, in spoken and unspoken ways.

The race issue is a wound in the side of humanity that Satan created and will never allow to heal. Perhaps Satan's greatest moral infliction upon mankind is HATRED, which is the bitter root of many of mankind's other faults including RACISM. Hatred and racism are guaranteed to result in division, conflict, confusion... and harsh disagreement with those who do not share our opinions. It's working... overtime.

Let us not get caught up in shooting barbs back and forth as right now there is only One who knows all the facts as they took place and intimately knows the hearts and minds of both parties. With that said, let us use this opportunity to step back see the situation through the eyes of God, so that our brothers and sisters and unknown guests out there could learn to do so, too.

WWJT. What Would Jesus Think about this event? Maybe it would be best to focus on that issue. Jesus would MOURN the loss of another child. Jesus would be GRIEVED by the fatal act of one son against another son. Jesus would be PAINED to hear those not knowing the facts as He knows them assassinate the characters of either victim... and they BOTH are victims.

Since we can for now only regurgitate mindless speculation on what the facts of this case are, as well as what was in the hearts and minds of the actors, can we possibly join together to speculate on what we KNOW Jesus would think? Everyone feel free to share a point so that we might all be enlightened together and be a testimony to our faith. Go ahead. "Jesus would ______________"

As far as the outrageous manipulation of this sad situation by the media and our leaders, that might be best discussed as a single issue in another thread. The same might be true of the progress of the police investigation (or lack of any investigation at all), and yet another thread about how these 50 "United" States can have such diverse opinions as to the use of force in regards to personal self-defense. Each is worthy of their own thread. Our society has many deep wounds from this single event. Discussion of each individually will help to heal the soul.

God Bless both victims and their families and friends. May the peace of our Father be with them all.

As far as the outrageous manipulation of this sad situation by the media and our leaders, that might be best discussed as a single issue in another thread.
    But that was supposed to be the topic of this thread.

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

Spare me the outrage, anything about race or anything else. If the shooter had been black this would not have been a story at all. A lot of lives have been shattered. The only reason this is a story at all is the fact that the shooter was light skinned, or white/hispanic. Sad to say this is just racism in a slightly different form. Like I said a black kid kills a black kid no one cares. But since the shooter was not black then this is horrible? Excuse me while I barf.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post
    No they don't. They have no clue they're being manipulated and agitated. They think all this crying out for "justice" is a righteous endeavor. They are being played. Remember the word "racist" as used in this instance is an invective and it's having the desired result by fomenting unrest.

Do you now? White Supremacists are racists. Skin heads are racists. Do you wish to be lumped into that category? Because if you accept the term you must accept the meaning.

How words are used and abused does have an impact and in this case the word racism is being wrongly applied but consciously so by those seeking to promote their agenda of racial division. Don't fall for the con in any way shape or form.
    Perhaps I wasn't clear but I wasn't referring to how racist was being used in this case. Rather how me and people around me might hear it on a day to day basis. For example; someone calls someone a racial slur, then it is said,"oh that person must be racist". I understand the media has it's agenda. Perhaps they should say that person is prejudice to be more exact? Where I live if someone says that it is understood. I do know that the KKK are racist. But one doesn't have to go to their extreme to be a racist. I worked for a racist boss for a few years. He would talk to everyone so polite in their face then they would leave and be would talk about how he hated such race. He in my eyes was racist. I did say I was withdrawing but I wanted to clarify this.

Perhaps I wasn't clear but I wasn't referring to how racist was being used in this case. Rather how me and people around me might hear it on a day to day basis. For example; someone calls someone a racial slur, then it is said,"oh that person must be racist". I understand the media has it's agenda. Perhaps they should say that person is prejudice to be more exact? Where I live if someone says that it is understood. I do know that the KKK are racist. But one doesn't have to go to their extreme to be a racist. I worked for a racist boss for a few years. He would talk to everyone so polite in their face then they would leave and be would talk about how he hated such race. He in my eyes was racist. I did say I was withdrawing but I wanted to clarify this.
    Sorry Mtown, and with all due respect, but all you've done is demonstrate how you've bought into the "new" vernacular.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post
    Sorry Mtown, and with all due respect, but all you've done is demonstrate how you've bought into the "new" vernacular.
    I have always known that word to be used in such a manner. The definition in websters describes it as such, I don't see how I've bought into some "new" vernacular. I am not even referring to this case at all at this point just the general use of the word. Maybe since I'm younger I don't know what it was originally used to describe back in the day? Did websters change the definition to go along with the times? I'm not trying to be insulting in anyway here, I ask in sincerity.

I have always known that word to be used in such a manner. The definition in websters describes it as such, I don't see how I've bought into some "new" vernacular. I am not even referring to this case at all at this point just the general use of the word. Maybe since I'm younger I don't know what it was originally used to describe back in the day? Did websters change the definition to go along with the times? I'm not trying to be insulting in anyway here, I ask in sincerity.
    Now you're finally getting it! The word in the vernacular (everyday lexicon) has been watered down due to misuse. However those persons using the word to stir up trouble know full well its origin and meaning and use that to further their agenda. Webster's evolves with the times. The first definition listed still refers to the original meaning of the word. The word itself is divisive. Being used as it is today, the word draws a figurative line in the sand which boldly says: "Don't challenge my righteous indignation!"

Remember the professional rabble-rousers, agitaters and race baiters seeking to extend their 15 minutes of fame are primarily older folks who know the power of words. Those younger persons using the word freely are merely pawns in the game. Going along with the improper use of the word (or any words) because of desensitization is not a valid reason for doing so and only serves to lend a false legitimacy to their "cause."

In this modern age of short attention spans and 30 second sound bites, a lot of hurtful rhetoric would fall on deaf ears if people pushed back against the artificial and deliberate use of antagonistic speech and demanded their "leaders" be held accountable for the negative ramifications of such speech. In many respects it's not much different than yelling "Fire!" in a movie theater and should carry the same consequences - civil and criminal prosecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mommytoa3rdgradeboy View Post
    Here is an article published today.

{Mod Snip} Rule 9 - No Huff Post {Mod Snip}
    Whoops, sorry. I just heard of the Huffington Post about a month ago...
    “My Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:40)

From MSNBC http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...artin-shooting

By msnbc.com staff
    Updated at 7:09 a.m. ET: Surveillance video footage of George Zimmerman being led from a police car shortly after he fatally shot teenager Trayvon Martin does not appear to show any injuries or bloodstains, but his attorney says the video is too grainy to be revealing.

The footage, obtained by ABC News on Wednesday, shows a handcuffed Zimmerman getting out of the police car unaided and walking into the police station where he was taken after the shooting in Sanford, Fla.

It was taken about four hours after the deadly incident.

There are no visible signs of injuries to Zimmerman's head or blood on his clothes. However, he is wearing a red jacket, which could obscure blood stains.

Appearing on NBC's TODAY on Thursday, Zimmerman's attorney Craig Sonner described the video as "very grainy." He also pointed out that Zimmerman had been "cleaned-up" and received first aid in the four hours between the incident and Zimmerman's videotaped arrival at the police station.

Sonner has previously said that his client suffered a broken nose and a gash to his head during the altercation.

There are no visible signs of injuries to Zimmerman's head or blood on his clothes. However, he is wearing a red jacket, which could obscure blood stains.

Eugene O'Donnell, of John Jay College of Criminal Justice, said the video shows "that it's beyond dispute that there are no serious injuries, physical injuries, he's not in a hospital."

"There's no bruising that's observable," O'Donnell told MSNBC TV's The Last Word. However, he added that "it's possible that there are injuries that are not seen in the video."

Richard Kurtz, the funeral director who prepared Martin's body, was asked if there were any signs on his hands that he had punched someone.

"The only thing that I was able to see was the gunshot wound," Kurtz told The Last Word. "I could not see evidence like he had been punching somebody as the news media say he was punching ... It just did not add up to me."

I knew exactly what ya meant...

I think the meaning of the word must have changed over the years much like 'gay' used to mean happy.

MSNBC
    Beware of this rabidly liberal "news" source and how they're attempting to slant the story. They're just as bad as Huffington.

If the man had been treated earlier and his wounds cleaned up you wouldn't be able to see them unless your were near him. The tape doesn't prove he wasn't injured.

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3