Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Has (fill in the blank) Ordered Hollow Point Bullets? *merged*

Default Why Has (fill in the blank) Ordered Hollow Point Bullets? *merged*

ATK Secures .40 Caliber Ammunition Contract with Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (DHS, ICE)
    --ATK Wins Five-Year, Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity Contract for .40 Caliber Ammunition from DHS, ICE --Additional .40 Caliber Ammunition Contract with 450 Million Round Potential Demonstrates ATK's Leadership in Ammunition Manufacturing

ANOKA, Minn., March 12, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- ATK ATK -0.62% announced that it is being awarded an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) agreement from the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (DHS, ICE) for .40 caliber ammunition. This contract features a base of 12 months, includes four option years, and will have a maximum volume of 450 million rounds.

ATK was the incumbent and won the contract with its HST bullet, which has proven itself in the field. The special hollow point effectively passes through a variety of barriers and holds its jacket in the toughest conditions. HST is engineered for 100-percent weight retention, limits collateral damage, and avoids over-penetration.

"We are proud to extend our track record as the prime supplier of .40 caliber duty ammunition for DHS, ICE," said Ron Johnson, President of ATK's Security and Sporting group. "The HST is a proven design that will continue to serve those who keep our borders safe."

ATK will produce the ammunition at the Federal Cartridge Company facility in Anoka, Minn. Deliveries are expected to begin in June.
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/atk...k=MW_news_stmp
    Who will be the targets?

'Walk humbly with the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in all your works and growing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10 NKJV

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Standard police pistol /smg round. Not a very effefctive cobat round if that is what you are thinking.

With 300,000,000 people in the USA, and police across this nation (who need to practice) I guess that aint a big deal.

Bulk ammo gives the best price and when stretched out over time......
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Well, if they kill me I get to go to heaven.

1.5 bullets for every American.

Times are dark, and harsh. It doesn't surprise me.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    Well, if they kill me I get to go to heaven.

1.5 bullets for every American.

Times are dark, and harsh. It doesn't surprise me.

Well, if the marksmanship is like some reports I've seen of police "shootouts", it'll take an average of 15-25 shots to immobilize just one person; however if they are really accurate, well-------!

I'm with you though - a quick trip to Heaven.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

450 million rounds? That's just an afternoon of target practice here in NC.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Is DHS anticipating some kind of trouble in the near future? I have to wonder with the current headlines I've been seeing lately. The Trayvon/Zimmermen controversy, the increasing number of protests that it's sparked, OWS coming back.

I think they're preparing a fight against the above mentioned crowds.

How did this story get released in the first place? Was it leaked or did some official openly announce it? If the latter is the case, when was the last time DHS came out to announce what they were doing in regards to stockpiling weapons or ammo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa in OK View Post
    if an electrician changes careers, is he delighted?

Quote Originally Posted by turalura View Post
    ANOKA, Minn., March 12, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- ATK ATK -0.62% announced that it is being awarded an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) agreement from the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (DHS, ICE) for .40 caliber ammunition. This contract features a base of 12 months, includes four option years, and will have a maximum volume of 450 million rounds.
    They are an Ox and a Moron.

The company that got the contract,ATK has a factory close to where I live,not more than 5 or 10 min. drive from where I live.

When I first moved here in the 1960 's,you could here them test firing the ammumition into the dirt hills.The HST or hydra-shok two ammunition,it also could stand for Harry S. Truman.
    Genesis 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee,and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoWolf View Post
    Is DHS anticipating some kind of trouble in the near future?
    Quote Originally Posted by CatChick View Post
    They are an Ox and a Moron.
    Nothing to see here folks. It's not unusual for federal agencies to order ammo in the manner described in the article above. It's for a maximum of 450 million rounds over a period of as much as 5 years and once training and target practice are taken into account.....

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post
    450 million rounds? That's just an afternoon of target practice here in NC.

And that is just the pistol rounds.

Wait till the rifles come out.......

I tried to find out from BATF what kind of normal output ammo manufacturers have. All I could find was firearm production.

I suspect Cabelas moves at least that much ammo in a year.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

TARGET PRACTICE!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post
    Nothing to see here folks. It's not unusual for federal agencies to order ammo in the manner described in the article above. It's for a maximum of 450 million rounds over a period of as much as 5 years and once training and target practice are taken into account.....
    Thanks, Steve and Wally, for the answer to the question in the thread title.

Let's exercise control of our imaginations.

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    Thanks, Steve and Wally, for the answer to the question in the thread title.

Let's exercise control of our imaginations.

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7
    Not so fast, I think NoProvision is onto something. How many rounds is enough with the coming zombie apocalypse, democrat convention, occupy oh nevermind.
    There is One King, and He is not this guy.

Mad MSM:DHS prepping for domestic war? Please watch

Yes, we already read about this; however, this is the first instance of video from MSM that I have located where the topic of all that ammunition and military buildup inside the US has been addressed. Hearing is one thing; seeing it reported on main stream media is a whole other ballgame, IMHO.

MSM is now reporting on the purchase of the 450 million rounds of ammunition recently purchased by the Department of Homeland Security. RT, the news source in the video below, reports on the growing relationship between DHS, state and local police. This is a very important and significant report. Please watch and share; if the MSM is now reporting on this, we too should stand up and take notice.
    As children of the Most High God through our Saviour Jesus Christ, let us take the time to pray for our loved ones and the other souls who will be left behind if they do not heed the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 112:7 "He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD."
    Psalm 23:4
    Last edited by one4God; April 7th, 2012 at 06:43 AM. Reason: corrections and addition of scripture

Alarmist "news" reporting aside, there's really nothing to the story.

There are billions and billions of rounds of ammo in this country and a lot of .40 caliber is nothing special to get excited about.

Default National Weather Service personnel with weapons and ammo.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...tabmode=list&=

Why are our weather guessers buying ammo? Have the people turned that bad towards the weather service for lying about the weather that they now need to carry weapons?

I know I get a little upset when they call for rain and not a cloud in the sky appears. But I don't recall anyone threaten them. Sure we yell at them through the TV and laugh at them in person "Boy you blow that forecast" but to do harm and to justify them to buy guns and ammo... I don't think so.
    This from the daily RR morning news.

The DOC NOAA National Weather Service - Western Acquisition Division ? Boulder requires the following items, Purchase Description Determined by Line Item, to the following:
    LI 001, 16,000 rounds of ammunition for semiautomatic pistols to be factory-loaded .40 S&W caliber, 180-grain jacketed hollow point (JHP). No reloads may be used with these weapons. All service furnished ammunition for issued firearms will be U.S. factory production.
    ?Inside Delivery? to locations below:
    NED:
    8,000 rounds to: Ross Lane DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 130 Oak Street, Suite 5, Ellsworth, ME, 04605
    8,000 rounds to: Troy Audyatis, DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 53 North 6th Street, Room 214 New Bedford, MA, 02740., 16, Cases;
    LI 002, 24,000 rounds of ammunition for semiautomatic pistols to be factory-loaded .40 S&W caliber, 180-grain jacketed hollow point (JHP). No reloads may be used with these weapons. All service furnished ammunition for issued firearms will be U.S. factory production.
    24,000 rounds to: Jeff Radonski, A/DSAC DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, SED 263 13th Avenue South, Suite 109, St. Petersburg, FL, 33701., 24, Cases;
    LI 003, 6,000 rounds of frangible, 125-grain CFRHT .40 caliber. No reloads may be used with these weapons. All service furnished ammunition for issued firearms will be U.S. factory production.
    6,000 rounds to: James Cassin DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 3350 Highway 138, Suite 218, Wall, NJ, 07719, 6, Cases;
    LI 004, 500 Transtar II blue 24" x 40" paper targets
    200 paper targets to: Ross Lane DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 130 Oak Street, Suite 5 Ellsworth, ME, 04605
    200 paper targets to: Troy Audyatis DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 53 North 6th Street, Room 214 New Bedford, MA, 02740.
    100 paper targets to: James Cassin DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 3350 Highway 138, Suite 218, Wall, NJ, 07719, 500, Items
    Last edited by Alex; August 14th, 2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Added link address

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

Default Why Has The National Weather Service Ordered all of this Ammunition?

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...150cb&_cview=0

The DOC NOAA National Weather Service - Western Acquisition Division ? Boulder requires the following items, Purchase Description Determined by Line Item, to the following:
    LI 001, 16,000 rounds of ammunition for semiautomatic pistols to be factory-loaded .40 S&W caliber, 180-grain jacketed hollow point (JHP). No reloads may be used with these weapons. All service furnished ammunition for issued firearms will be U.S. factory production.
    NED:
    8,000 rounds to: Ross Lane DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 130 Oak Street, Suite 5, Ellsworth, ME, 04605
    8,000 rounds to: Troy Audyatis, DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 53 North 6th Street, Room 214 New Bedford, MA, 02740., 16, Cases;
    LI 002, 24,000 rounds of ammunition for semiautomatic pistols to be factory-loaded .40 S&W caliber, 180-grain jacketed hollow point (JHP). No reloads may be used with these weapons. All service furnished ammunition for issued firearms will be U.S. factory production.
    24,000 rounds to: Jeff Radonski, A/DSAC DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, SED 263 13th Avenue South, Suite 109, St. Petersburg, FL, 33701., 24, Cases;
    LI 003, 6,000 rounds of frangible, 125-grain CFRHT .40 caliber. No reloads may be used with these weapons. All service furnished ammunition for issued firearms will be U.S. factory production.
    6,000 rounds to: James Cassin DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 3350 Highway 138, Suite 218, Wall, NJ, 07719, 6, Cases;

'Walk humbly with the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in all your works and growing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10 NKJV

Something is up and I still sense something is going to happen this fall....

See ammo thread.

This is standard police ammunition. Incase you are wondering, NOAA has very expensive equipment to protect - planes, etc....

The guards carry pistols. One afternoon practice for one person can easily blow through 200 rounds. That's only 4 boxes.

Depending how bad a shot you are, it will take more.

And with all the nuts out there, security guards are increasing their training. You DO NOT want to hit friendlies or hostages.

Ooo Frangible. Those have limited penetration - do not go through walls or aircraft hulls. Air marshall type stuff. Nasty for the target though.