Thread: JW invitation response

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Default JW invitation response

I recently received an invitation to a Kingdom Hall Answers service. It was enclosed with a hand written note.
    Someone actually took time to send it.

I've composed a response, based on my understanding and experience with JWs. It is a difficult witness,

but then Who do I have Faith in, Yes He can do Incredible things.

As there is much wise counsel here, Please read the following and advise.

Helen,

Such nice handwriting, yet I hope I read and spelled your name correctly.

To do such a hand written note, to me, is a mark of sincerity. Thank You.

Sadly my writing skills are not as graceful so I have typed this for you. I hope you will none the less be able to return the favor and read my response to your invitation as it is sincere in its intent.

To study about Jesus is a passion of mine, because I know Him. Anyone can. All it takes is a reliable Bible translated by faithful people.

The Watchtower Society has repeatedly failed in this. The New World Translation was originally published by individuals who in court testified they had no working knowledge of Greek. This implied a mostly plagiarized bible translation.

CT Russell and the leadership that followed augmented this failure by leading a church with false prophecies not simply stated from the pulpit, but openly published in their own Watchtowers. These are documented failures which condemn the Jehovah’s Witnesses as false prophets.

Matthew 7:15 NKJV
    “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

Deuteronomy 18:21-22 NKJV
    21And if you say in your heart, ‘How shall we know the word which the Lord has not spoken?’
    22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

The Watchtower claims inerrancy, but over the years has had to repeatedly revise and update their “perfect” bible when challenged with real Scripture.

No doubt the fellowship within your group is a prized possession. The generous acts of service with the Kingdom Hall are designed to fetter and blind its membership to the True Gospel of Jesus Christ – Fully God, Fully Man: The Propitiation for our sins, the Savior of our souls.

Perhaps you will tear up this letter, perhaps it has fallen on unseeing eyes; but maybe you will be brave enough to test the Spirit in which it is sent.

Don’t believe me, examine the JWs. Look into their publications, older texts, falsehoods that they knowingly hide from you.

Perhaps you may even venture to read a trustworthy Bible for yourself. [I find a New King James Version very readable, but KJV, NASB are other reliable translations]. Regardless, the Jesus I know is that powerful, that loving, that He opens eyes to see and hearts to know Him – as He is.

No man can deliver what Christ has in store for you.

My prayer is for you, to be freed from the darkness of the JW’s false christ.

John 14:6;
    I am the [Only] Way, the [Only] Truth, the [Only] Life. No one comes to the Father but by Me.

[in the Greek the words are exclusive]
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Wow, Wally, that was great. Your response will either be tossed in the garbage or be used to draw her toward the real Jesus. We can stand together in prayer the latter will happen.

When I've been approached by a JW I tell them how the OT and NT call Jehovah and Jesus "the first and the last". Also that John 1 speaks of Jesus as "God" not "a god" as the NWT say. They seem shocked to hear that Charles T Russell was no Greek/Hebrew scholar as he claimed. I always tell them to seek the wisdom of the Lord .... not a bunch of fallible men who changed to Bible to their own meaning.

I recently learned that the Watchtower organization has had to close down many of their "Kingdom Halls" due to decreasing membership.

By the way, I have former JW relatives who have revealed that JWs actually hate going door-to-door but they are so brainwashed they simply obey "the organization".

JESUS is the Light
    of the world

good response, also you could let her now God's name is Yahweh not Jehovah. Jehovah ( /dʒɨˈhoʊvə/) is the romanization of Hebrew יְהֹוָה, a vocalization of the Tetragrammaton יהוה (YHWH, also transcribed Yahweh), the proper name of the God of Israel in the Hebrew Bible. יְהֹוָה appears 6,518 times in the traditional Masoretic Text, in addition to 305 instances of יֱהֹוִה (Jehovih). The earliest available Latin text to use a vocalization similar to Jehovah dates from the 13th century.

Most scholars believe "Jehovah" to be a late (ca. 1100 AD) hybrid form derived by combining the Latin letters JHVH with the vowels of Adonai, but there is some evidence that it may already have been in use in Late Antiquity (5th century). It was not the historical vocalization of the Tetragrammaton at the time of the redaction of the Pentateuch (6th century BC), at which time the most likely vocalization was Yahweh. The historical vocalization was lost because in Second Temple Judaism, during the 3rd to 2nd centuries BC, the pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton came to be avoided, being substituted with Adonai "my Lord".

I got this from wikipedia but learned it from Justin Peters, but if I am in the wrong, Mods please delete and you may chastise me via pm.
    Christ my Saviour, my King, in YOU I trust.

The Lord is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble; And He knows those who trust in Him. Nahum 1:7

Nice letter.I sure hope she reads it and takes it to heart.

Great letter Wally. Really easy to understand. Will pray for the Holy Spirit to have it come alive to her upon reading.

Israel

That is truly a beautifully written letter. Hopefully it pulls at Helen's heartstrings and makes her want to find out about the True Jesus.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

Good Wally. The fact that someone actually wrote you an invitation implies to me that he/she may have been hoping for a response such as was written by you.
    I also have JW relatives, and as far as I know they are still trapped in that dark, humanistic, legalistic cult. At times I even think some of them realize that 'something' is not right with them. But, the cost of leaving the JW is more than he/she is willing to pay, e.g. shunning by their immediate JW family. And the poster who wrote they hate the door-to-door thing is right. Once the newness of it wears off it becomes something they do to earn the eternal life they hope to have if they are faithful enough. There is also much secrecy in the upper echelons of the JW just as there is in other cults, which IMO is another obvious sign that JW is a cult. Our God does nothing in secret, but has made known to us through scripture what will happen before it happens.
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

I think my new Doctor is JW. I'm going to study the points in your incredible letter, just
    in case I get an opportunity.

gin
    Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy flight!

Very tastefully done Wally. Would you mind if some of us others used it if we end up in the same situation?
    Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
    Coming again coming again maybe morning maybe noon maybe evening and maybe soon!
    Coming again coming again O what a wonderful day it will be! Jesus is coming again!

Keep us updated if you get a response. JWs are not allowed to take, read, keep any material that isnt from the Watchtower, comes from a non JW, or speaks against the Watchtower. Great job writing back. Its encouraging to see Christians witnessing and responding instead of simply tossing it into the trash or slamming doors in faces. Praying she sees our Lord Jesus as Saviour
    Romans 16:17-18
    King James Version (KJV)

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
    For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

To all - even silent readers;

Wisdom is from God. He has the intelectual property rights.

Please, if anything I have added to the fellowship of this RRBB is helpful to you in ministering to unsaved, struggling, or even blessing brothers and sisters...

By All Means use it.

But please correct the grammar and spelling.

letter has been sent. Lord You alone produce the crop. Open her eyes, let it trickle down and cause others to question this cult.
    Provide the followup needed to feed and teach those who would dare. You are far more valuable Jesus.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

No response from Helen so far. Praying for her and any who are inclined to know the Truth.

Lord Jesus, You can do so much with so little. Please free these captives and draw them to You.

Wow! Well written!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    No response from Helen so far. Praying for her and any who are inclined to know the Truth.

Lord Jesus, You can do so much with so little. Please free these captives and draw them to You.
    Well... never give up hope. You might not know this side of heaven if your response was ever read. But it may have been.

I once posted in the praise reports that a co-worker of mine from many years ago, found me on facebook. I think it'd been nearly 15 years since I last spoke to her. During the time that we worked together, she was an ardent JW. Our offices were side by side, and we'd often have conversations about our faith.

Well... fast forward 15 years and her finding me on facefook. Here's what she wrote to me after our initial "hellos."

"Yes, that's me! ...I'm so glad I found you. I've been wanting to tell you that I have become a born again christian and left the jehovah's witness religion. I still remember our lengthy conversations in my office and your relentless (meant in a very good way) efforts to share the truth with me. I'll never forget it! Thank you!!! You'll never know what an impact you had on me way back then. Anyway glad I found you!"

It took 15 long years for me to find out if my talks with her developed into fruit. Often times, we'll never know while still in this life. Anyway it was very thrilling for me when she told me that. A little foretaste of heaven right there!!

Don't give up hope!
    Romans 8:28 <--- Favorite Verse, that brought me a lot of peace over the years.