0 0%
  • 9. 90+

0 0%
  • 10. MYOB!!!

2 1.94%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
    WOW!!! We need a smiley holding a candle burning on both ends!
    Lol...I wouldn't want it any other way tho! God is so great! He gives me the strength I need!

I'm 32, been saved since I was 8.
    “My Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:40)

BTW, my son is now in the 8th grade!

Think I 'fessed up to my age in a post just a couple of days ago so I'm guessing it may have sparked off Tiger Lily to create this thread I turned 65 in February but have to admit in my mind's eye view of myself I'm stuck around 39!!!! Don't ask me why, but I got a big shock when I turned 60 and found that from then on I tend to mumble my age when I absolutely have to give it I always tell kids when they ask that I am as old as my tongue and a little bit older than my teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Poppycat View Post
    Think I 'fessed up to my age in a post just a couple of days ago so I'm guessing it may have sparked off Tiger Lily to create this thread . . .

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Thought so Tiger Lily, no flies on me - can't even see where they've been whats more

Think I 'fessed up to my age in a post just a couple of days ago so I'm guessing it may have sparked off Tiger Lily to create this thread I turned 65 in February but have to admit in my mind's eye view of myself I'm stuck around 39!!!! Don't ask me why, but I got a big shock when I turned 60 and found that from then on I tend to mumble my age when I absolutely have to give it I always tell kids when they ask that I am as old as my tongue and a little bit older than my teeth
    Hey, at least you DO remember how old you are. Sometimes I have to stop and think. What's almost scary is the times when I even have to stop and subtract my birth year from the current year to ensure I am stating the correct age.

Yes. My memory is kinda broke-ted. Some days more broke-ted than others

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Hey, at least you DO remember how old you are. Sometimes I have to stop and think. What's almost scary is the times when I even have to stop and subtract my birth year from the current year to ensure I am stating the correct age.

Yes. My memory is kinda broke-ted. Some days more broke-ted than others
    I think I kinda hinted that sometimes I don't remember my age because I'm stuck in the age 39 time warp and so it does often mean I have to stop and think about how old I really am So, yeah, I also have to sometimes work out from my birth year how old I am.

Doesn't anyone else have a mental image of themselves at a certain age or is that just a me thing????

I think I kinda hinted that sometimes I don't remember my age because I'm stuck in the age 39 time warp and so it does often mean I have to stop and think about how old I really am So, yeah, I also have to sometimes work out from my birth year how old I am.

Doesn't anyone else have a mental image of themselves at a certain age or is that just a me thing????
    This tickles my funny bone. Maybe it will tickle your funny bone AND answer your question.

Classmates?

While waiting for my first appointment in the reception room of my new dentist, I noticed his certificate hanging on the wall. It gave his full name. Thinking hard, I remembered that a tall, handsome boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 36 years ago.

Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought. This balding, grey-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate.

After he had examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended the local high school. "Yes," he replied.

"When did you graduate?" I asked.

He answered, "In 1971. Why?"

"You were in my class!" I exclaimed.

He peered at me intently over the top of his glasses and then the thoughtless idiot asked, "What did you teach?"

______

Oh stop Tiger Lily, that is side achingly funny

It hasn't escaped my attention Tiger Lily that you are very coy in describing your age as 'late category five'. Told you you can run but you can't hide a few days ago

(Alright, who pinched the run for the hills smilicon?????? Can't find it.)

Bet it answered your question, huh?

BTW, just a reminder for all my fellow old-timers. Tomorrow is April Fool's Day. Be on your toes so all those young whippersnappers around you don't trick you into looking foolish!

In fact, that bears repeating. Maybe I should start a thread.

______

nunya

It hasn't escaped my attention Tiger Lily that you are very coy in describing your age as 'late category five'. Told you you can run but you can't hide a few days ago

(Alright, who pinched the run for the hills smilicon?????? Can't find it.)
    Well. You know. ID theft and all that. Must be careful.

P.S. Put on your bifocals, dearie. The smiley you wanted is about 20 lines down on the smiley chart:

______

Got em on luvie but they're not bi-focals but graduated lenses and I'm guessing they haven't graduated yet

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon9602 View Post
    nunya
    Okay, young lady. The polite response for that is a tickmark in Category #10.

Behave yourself or us old folks will make you go sit in the corner. JK

______

Got em on luvie but they're not bi-focals but graduated lenses and I'm guessing they haven't graduated yet

______

BTW, ......luvie, have you heard that proper punctuation saves lives? The example given at our favorite library is very instructive, especially for our particular peer group.

Let's eat Grandma!

Let's eat, Grandma!

______

BTW, ......luvie, have you heard that proper punctuation saves lives? The example given at our favorite library is very instructive, especially for our particular peer group.

Let's eat Grandma!

Let's eat, Grandma!

Think I'll avoid the library for a little while, just in case

I'm 25 (it is after 12:00 am, so it is officially April Fool's Day)
    I think 25 is much more fun than 49!
    I stand with Israel, now and forever.
    Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra17012 View Post
    I'm 25 (it is after 12:00 am, so it is officially April Fool's Day)
    I think 25 is much more fun than 49!
    I like your cerebellum.......

______