Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama warns 'unelected' Supreme Court against striking down health law

Default Obama warns 'unelected' Supreme Court against striking down health law

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...alth-care-law/

President Obama, employing his strongest language to date on the Supreme Court review of the federal health care overhaul, cautioned the court Monday against overturning the law -- while repeatedly saying he's "confident" it will be upheld.

The president spoke at length about the case at a joint press conference with the leaders of Mexico and Canada. The president, adopting what he described as the language of conservatives who fret about judicial activism, questioned how an "unelected group of people" could overturn a law approved by Congress.
    PARTIAL OBEDIENCE IS STILL REBELLION

Please pray for my daughter's salvation, Thank you.

Anno Domini

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

How?

By the opposite way judges legislate from the bench, and unqualified comunists destroy our nation;

by the authority of the Constitution.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

He sounds intimidating

Amendment to the Constitution . I
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting
    the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press,
    or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government
    for a redress of greivances."
    I think this comes under petitioning the government for a redress of greivances.
    Baruch atah Adonai Eloheinu melech haolam --Blessed are you O Lord our God, King of the universe

Prayer warriors needed!
    PARTIAL OBEDIENCE IS STILL REBELLION

Please pray for my daughter's salvation, Thank you.

Anno Domini

Mexico just had an earthquake.... Bama must be up to something...

Probably the last thing a President wants to do is intimidate or threaten the Justices with their "eloquent words" , I think he'll get the opposite ruling he wants. Pretty simple. The more he seems to squirm about it, the more I laugh about it.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Tsk tsk

Remember when Dr. Kervorkian was on trial, and he gave the summary, rather than the attorney? Looks like Barry may be making the same mistake. Who is he to tell the Supreme Court what to do!??!?!?!? If Barry is such an expert on the Constitution, hasn't he heard of the 'Separation of Powers'???? They're not there for him, but for the People of the United States of America. Barry's actions are piling up. Remember in November!!!!!!
    There's nothing our LORD JESUS CHRIST can't do!!!!

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy S. View Post
    Prayer warriors needed!
    Amen!!!
    There's nothing our LORD JESUS CHRIST can't do!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post
    Probably the last thing a President wants to do is intimidate or threaten the Justices with their "eloquent words" , I think he'll get the opposite ruling he wants. Pretty simple. The more he seems to squirm about it, the more I laugh about it.
    And yet, if he does end up getting the ruling he wants, I'm sure he'll extol the Supremes' virtues to the skies. I, however, somehow suspect you are correct and that he will come away with, at least, less of the law than the whole, and perhaps none at all.
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

And if they were leaning toward giving him what he wants they would be the next best thing to sliced bread. The guy will probably try to bully them more. Amazing how this guy does not understand the protocol of being president.

I am sooooo tired of his arrogance. "King" and "president" are not equivalent offices. He seems to have the titles confused.

Take one and pass it on!

This is not the first time O has publicly hectored the Supreme Court. Remember the State of the Union speech in 2010? The Emperor didn't like it that the Court had allowed corporations to contribute to political campaigns. While the Court sat in the front row, he chastised them on every channel.

Things to remember in November:

1) The above
    2) The current jawboning of the Court
    3) SOLYNDRA (an Obama-financed corporation)
    4) Cross covering prior to the Emperor's royal appearances
    5) An Energy Secretary that wanted gas prices to rise to European levels
    6) Czars
    7) Panic-driven mega-bailouts of organizations deemed "too big to fail"
    8) Bowing to the Saudi King
    9) Apologizing to Islam
    10) Fast and Furious (automatic weapons to Mexico to "catch" drug dealers)
    11) Failure to secure the Mexican border
    12) Pandering to illegal immigration for votes
    13) The Green Religion/Global Warming Mythology
    14) Plunging the country into unpayable debt
    15) Bullying Israel (last but definitely not least)

I don't get it.

If what he says is true...

Why have a supreme court at all?

Just because congress passes something and the president signs it doesn't make it legal.
    I accept nothing from man as truth...
    only that, One is the truth. (John 14-6)

Pre-Flood/Pre-Trib (Genesis 5-24)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistos View Post
    I don't get it.

If what he says is true...

Why have a supreme court at all?

Just because congress passes something and the president signs it doesn't make it legal.
    It does when you are arrogant enough to believe you are above the Constitution, as Obama has indicated time and time again over the past 3 years.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment." (Matthew 22:37-38)

#16 - Supporting the Arab Spring protesters over Mubarak, who had kept the peace with Israel, of which looks to be in serious jeopardy.

Some of the "elected" idiots who voted for this unconstitutional communist mandate openly admitted to not having read the document before voting for it.

How could such idiocy even be considered valid just because they were "elected".

I hope it gets struck down completely.

I've noticed the Dems, particularly Howard Dean in his interview with FOX's Chris Wallace on Sunday, are now saying (spinning) the striking down of the individual mandate would be a good thing for Obama, acknowledging that the majority of America's are against it.

This whole thing was never about health care. It's just another way for the gov't to dip their hands into your pocket.

I have a plan at work where I have a certain amount each year deducted from my paycheck to go into a healthcare spending account. I can pay for prescriptions and doctor visit co-pays using a Visa card directly tied to that account. Best of all, the money deducted is from pre-tax dollars, meaning I'm taxed less on the remainder that gets deposited into my bank account.

I haven't heard if this individual mandate can be paid for using pre-tax dollars. Anyone know anything about that?

If the sc strikes down the mandate clause then the whole law is gone.

Drudge has the headline "Did He Get a Leak" under a pic of him and Elena Kagan smiling at eachother. I wonder what the odds are that he already knows how the supreme court has voted? But, as I understand it they could still change their vote before the rest of the world knows the results.

I don't understand what planet some of the dems are on if they honestly believe that the SC striking down the law would help Obama win re-election? How could that possibly happen? Unless he would try to play the victim card by saying that the evil conservative justices shot it down to go against him personally. Oh, and that they're all racist and it's about going against a black man.