Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama warns 'unelected' Supreme Court against striking down health law

Maybe Bama will pull out the race card....

Preach Arrogant Spirit???

All I know is that it says in:
    Pro 16:18-20 "Pride comes before destruction, and an arrogant spirit before a fall. Better to be lowly of spirit with the humble than to divide plunder with the proud. The one who understands a matter finds success, and the one who trusts in the LORD will be happy."

Children, we are in "perilous times". There are storm clouds on the horizon, and the hoofbeats of horsemen is getting louder.

Jesus said in John 14: "Let not your hearts be troubled, you believe in God, believe also in me"!

And Paul tells us in:

Rom 8:38-39 "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing will have the power to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord! "

If I didn't have Jesus, today could be a time of worry and despair ~~ BUT I DO and I AM EXCITED THAT HIS COMING IS NEAR!!!

God Bless,
    1Co 15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed!

This was one of the most bizarre speeches I've ever heard. Talk about spinning the truth. One of the primary jobs of the federal Supreme Court is to examine laws passed by Congress to determine whether they violate the Constitution. (Very much like what we do with the Scriptures -- test everything, hold on to what is good). This is one of the vital checks and balances our government has in place. But to liken this function to legislating from the court, which is usually raised in opposition to liberal tactics of adding to the Constitution things that are not there, is big-time spin. This looks to me like the "spirit of antichrist." Obama thinks he should be allowed to do whatever he pleases, any time, any place. He has no respect for a government by the people, for the people, nor for capitalism, and the 'ends' he deems worthy justify whatever 'means' he takes to get there. Many politicians are arrogant, but know ultimately they have to submit to our system, but he thinks he can fundamentally change our system -- which is what he's said all along.

Obama is not ignorant of what the Supreme Courts job per our Constitution is.
    He couldn't care less about 'judicial activism', either; the left has been influential in doing it for years (see: Roe v Wade)

I believe he is playing off the ignorance of many who have voted for him, or potential voters.
    And he is being a bully in hopes that some will actually listen to what he says instead of doing what they were appointed to do, i.e interpret the constitution.

JMHO.
    I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
    For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
    no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

I would be more than willing to support mental health legislation for ALL the Democrats to get a discount of some sort if we - the sane, reasonable, responsible Americans - can commit them to the asylum where they belong. bama, Pelosi, Reid, et al, they're ALL certifiably insane and shouldn't be allowed out around the rest of us. I believe that narcissism is considered a mental illness, isn't it? If that's the case, then bama's threats comments made to the Supreme Court certainly prove he qualifies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacinth View Post
    Obama is not ignorant of what the Supreme Courts job per our Constitution is.
    He couldn't care less about 'judicial activism', either; the left has been influential in doing it for years (see: Roe v Wade)

I believe he is playing off the ignorance of many who have voted for him, or potential voters.
    And he is being a bully in hopes that some will actually listen to what he says instead of doing what they were appointed to do, i.e interpret the constitution.

JMHO.

Yes, exactly, he's arrogant, not ignorant.

The way the world is, I have learned to keep my hope in Jesus and let this world suck down into the abyss.

Until the SC makes the announcement and until someone new is sworn into office of the POUS, I will trust only the Lord and plan for the worst as long as I walk this earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    The way the world is, I have learned to keep my hope in Jesus and let this world suck down into the abyss.

Until the SC makes the announcement and until someone new is sworn into office of the POUS, I will trust only the Lord and plan for the worst as long as I walk this earth.
    Wise advice, Alex. Jesus is our ONLY hope, but He's more than enough!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SummerSailing81 View Post
    I would be more than willing to support mental health legislation for ALL the Democrats to get a discount of some sort if we - the sane, reasonable, responsible Americans - can commit them to the asylum where they belong. bama, Pelosi, Reid, et al, they're ALL certifiably insane and shouldn't be allowed out around the rest of us. I believe that narcissism is considered a mental illness, isn't it? If that's the case, then bama's threats comments made to the Supreme Court certainly prove he qualifies.
    From http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001930/:

A person with narcissistic personality disorder may:
    • React to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation
    • Take advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals
    • Have excessive feelings of self-importance
    • Exaggerate achievements and talents
    • Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love
    • Have unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
    • Need constant attention and admiration
    • Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy
    • Have obsessive self-interest
    • Pursue mainly selfish goals

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Penguin.......

You certianly are not referring to our Deere Leader (Out standing in his field, knee deep in it, green [it ain't easy being] with envy)??
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Penguin.......

You certianly are not referring to our Deere Leader (Out standing in his field, knee deep in it, green [it ain't easy being] with envy)??
    Barack Obama? The kindest, most benevolent, loving, generous, tolerant, conservative, humble, fiscally responsible president we've ever had? Good heavens, of course not!

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    Barack Obama........[sorry I can't qoute that /].......president we've ever had? Good heavens, of course not!

don't choke on your homework......

is there a heimlich smiley?
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    This is not the first time O has publicly hectored the Supreme Court. Remember the State of the Union speech in 2010? The Emperor didn't like it that the Court had allowed corporations to contribute to political campaigns. While the Court sat in the front row, he chastised them on every channel.

Things to remember in November:

1) The above
    2) The current jawboning of the Court
    3) SOLYNDRA (an Obama-financed corporation)
    4) Cross covering prior to the Emperor's royal appearances
    5) An Energy Secretary that wanted gas prices to rise to European levels
    6) Czars
    7) Panic-driven mega-bailouts of organizations deemed "too big to fail"
    8) Bowing to the Saudi King
    9) Apologizing to Islam
    10) Fast and Furious (automatic weapons to Mexico to "catch" drug dealers)
    11) Failure to secure the Mexican border
    12) Pandering to illegal immigration for votes
    13) The Green Religion/Global Warming Mythology
    14) Plunging the country into unpayable debt
    15) Bullying Israel (last but definitely not least)
    Great List Raphael!

His treatment of Israel does need to be remembered.

And I've got a suspicion that it's already been written down.
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Pre-Flood; Pre-Furnace; Pre-Fierce Anger (orgēn)

How is that 'Times Of The Gentiles' working out for you, World?

Default Judges order Justice Department to clarify Obama remarks on health law case

Executive Branch - POLITICS
    Judges order Justice Department to clarify Obama remarks on health law case

Published April 03, 2012
    | FoxNews.com

Print Email Share Comments
    inShare.26 Text Size
    A federal appeals court is striking back after President Obama cautioned the Supreme Court against overturning the health care overhaul and warned that such an act would be "unprecedented."

A three-judge panel for the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday ordered the Justice Department to explain by Thursday whether the administration believes judges have the power to strike down a federal law.

A source inside the courtroom, who did not want to be identified, confirmed the incident to Fox News. The testy exchange played out during a hearing over a separate challenge to the health care law. It was apparent, however, that the justice who questioned the government attorney present was referring to Obama's recent comments about the Supreme Court's review of that law.

The source said the justice, Judge Jerry Smith, was pointed in his questioning of the government attorney, asking whether Attorney General Eric Holder believes judges can strike down federal laws.

Smith then ordered a response from the department within 48 hours. The related letter from the court, obtained by Fox News, instructed the Justice Department to provide an explanation of "no less than three pages, single spaced" by noon on Thursday.

All three judges on the panel are Republican appointees.

The Justice Department had no comment when asked about the exchange.

Fox News' Shannon Bream contributed to this report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz1r1PqnZkW

I believe another way the judge could have worded it was, "Was that a threat? Please advise."
    "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."
    MTHW 24:31

A sternly worded letter!

Rush speculated today that the vote might have been leaked. He is setting the stage for the announcement.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Sounds like someone is in deep doo doo??

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post
    A sternly worded letter!
    Hum....
    "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."
    MTHW 24:31

He who rants, raves and points fingers in the direction of the Supreme Court may be inviting a sudden, surprise, no-holds-barred review of a certain, fraudulent birth certificate. Feeling lucky, Soroto? Payback can be a... bit much.

What I find funny is that not only did they get called on the carpet about Obama's statement, but they also got "homework" -- a minimum 3-page, single-spaced explanation due Thursday by noon. That's almost equal to having an errant student write an "action plan" when they get caught doing something wrong; explaining what they did wrong, and what they will do in future to correct said behavior.

Or, as I read in someone's comment on one article, they could also have Obama write something like "I will not threaten or intimidate the Supreme Court when I disagree with them" 1000 times.
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Watcher View Post
    I am sooooo tired of his arrogance. "King" and "president" are not equivalent offices. He seems to have the titles confused.
    I think Raphael nailed it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    .... The Emperor....
    He's a legend in his own mind.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.