Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama warns 'unelected' Supreme Court against striking down health law

I didn't have the energy to put O's face on him, but imagine it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    From http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001930/:

A person with narcissistic personality disorder may:
    • React to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation
    • Take advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals
    • Have excessive feelings of self-importance
    • Exaggerate achievements and talents
    • Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love
    • Have unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
    • Need constant attention and admiration
    • Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy
    • Have obsessive self-interest
    • Pursue mainly selfish goals
    Penguin, was Obama's picture posted next to this description? That is spot on in describing him!

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpusher View Post

Obama is such a baffoon! We are suppose to have a balance of powers, but here he is, an expert supposedly in constitutional law, and he is speaking out against the SC. How stupid. Control freak. If he loses this, and I think he will, watch out for invented racial problems and hard-nose reactions against we people. Unless someone drags him out for interfering with our judicial branch of government.

'Walk humbly with the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in all your works and growing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10 NKJV

From what I've read the IRS is moving ahead with Obamacare. One [big] thing that concerns me is even if the Supreme Court rules Obamacare unconstitutional, how can anyone make Obama cease and desist. I have an uneasy feeling in my gut that he will not stop simply because the Court or any other authoritative body orders it. He believes he is above it all. Then we will have a rogue president and imagine the confusion in the ranks of the cabinet, congress, DoD, SS, etc. If he defies the Court on O'care, then he will be in contempt. How will it be handled. The AG is in his pocket, so then what.... Sorry, I tend to run on abit with my concerns. I must reiterate these are concerns, but not worries. I am absolutely confident that our God is in control.
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Quote Originally Posted by Homesick777 View Post
    He who rants, raves and points fingers in the direction of the Supreme Court may be inviting a sudden, surprise, no-holds-barred review of a certain, fraudulent birth certificate. Feeling lucky, Soroto? Payback can be a... bit much.

Lets hope the SC Justices don't accidently consume any of that special that makes them more agreeable. I understand that is some powerful stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by carol1948 View Post
    From what I've read the IRS is moving ahead with Obamacare. One [big] thing that concerns me is even if the Supreme Court rules Obamacare unconstitutional, how can anyone make Obama cease and desist. I have an uneasy feeling in my gut that he will not stop simply because the Court or any other authoritative body orders it. He believes he is above it all. Then we will have a rogue president and imagine the confusion in the ranks of the cabinet, congress, DoD, SS, etc. If he defies the Court on O'care, then he will be in contempt. How will it be handled. The AG is in his pocket, so then what.... Sorry, I tend to run on abit with my concerns. I must reiterate these are concerns, but not worries. I am absolutely confident that our God is in control.
    While I got a laugh out of the judge demanding a letter to explain Zero's comments, I agree with you. If and when the SC strikes the law, I think Zero will still go ahead with whatever he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Homesick777 View Post
    He who rants, raves and points fingers in the direction of the Supreme Court may be inviting a sudden, surprise, no-holds-barred review of a certain, fraudulent birth certificate. Feeling lucky, Soroto? Payback can be a... bit much.
    Sheesh! I forgot about the SC choosing not to take up the birth certificate discussion. What was the thing about glass houses and stones?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpusher View Post

bama hasn't let the Constitution stop him from doing what he wants, why on earth would he let the SC stop him? And who'd stop him? The Senate is dictated by the Democrats so you know they're going to be 100% behind him because they've also completely ignored the Constitution. I don't see how the Congress could stop him without the Senate. This is a very, very bad situation that the left-leaning liberal lunatics who voted this evil, power-hungry narcissist into office have put us in!

I've seen rumors (and that's all they are right now, so take it for what you will) that it might have been leaked to Obama (and the rumors suggest a Justice, that's all I'll say) how the Court was leaning, so Obama got out ahead of this and made a pre-emptive statement. My question about that would be, why would he make this statement so far ahead of the official ruling? Is he so afraid that the judgement will go against him that he feels the need to suggest that the Justices take between now and June to reverse their decision?

I wonder how Holder's homework assignment went . . .
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Do you honestly think Holder can convince the Judge Obama statement is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Musician in His house View Post
    I've seen rumors (and that's all they are right now, so take it for what you will) that it might have been leaked to Obama (and the rumors suggest a Justice, that's all I'll say) how the Court was leaning, so Obama got out ahead of this and made a pre-emptive statement. My question about that would be, why would he make this statement so far ahead of the official ruling?
    I heard a report that they do a 'quick vote' after the deliberations. Supposedly, its not binding, they then get all their clerks to go do all the work. (while they sit around smoking stogies)

Rush suggested that he might have heard the outcome of the short vote, hence why not try some bully tactics. He is setting this thing up for the best spin, we'll wait and see I guess, maybe it will become more clear in the coming weeks. Thats saying the ruling will go against him, we just don't know yet. I'd be even better if it was like 8-1 or something, he'll have no wind in his sail other than the hot air thats commin outta his and his wifes pie-holes.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

I think there is about a 99% probability that Kagan told Obummer about the results of the preliminary vote the justices were supposed to have last Friday and that the vote was in favor of striking down Obummercare.

Of course that's not to say that the votes can't change before the final ruling is made.

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post
    I heard a report that they do a 'quick vote' after the deliberations. Supposedly, its not binding, they then get all their clerks to go do all the work. (while they sit around smoking stogies)

Rush suggested that he might have heard the outcome of the short vote, hence why not try some bully tactics. He is setting this thing up for the best spin, we'll wait and see I guess, maybe it will become more clear in the coming weeks. Thats saying the ruling will go against him, we just don't know yet. I'd be even better if it was like 8-1 or something, he'll have no wind in his sail other than the hot air thats commin outta his and his wifes pie-holes.
    Am I correct that the vote results won't be coming until June?

I read somewhere that technically or legally, the vote would not be valid if Kagan does not recuse herself. Well, she obviously has not recused herself, so...now what? If an attorney can argue the legitimacy of the vote regardless of which way it goes, doesn't that mean more time lost to undo what has already been done. It seems to me that when the SC agreed to hear the case that all preparation for implementation should have stopped until a ruling was made. That obviously has not happened either since IRS is getting ready to expand greatly to accommodate their new role.
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

I suppose that if one or two of the right leaning Justices suddenly died of suspicious natural causes before June that the decision might be delayed until left friendly Justices could be installed. Pray for the Justices.

Exactly.

Also, if he knew the results of the preliminary vote and it isn't going his way (fingers crossed) he could also be using this as a campaign issue. Basically he would say, "We got health care through for all you poor people and the evil Republican judicial activists ruined it for you!" He would and is maybe beginning to fall back into doing what he does best...it's not leading, it's not uniting, it's community organizing.

I would bet dollars to a doughnut that Kagan leaked the initial vote to Obama. I just can't think of any other reason Obama would have come out and said what he did. So, this all makes me feel SO hopeful that it will be overturned!

And while it's true that the justices CAN change their votes, it is my understanding that they rarely do...it would be unusual for them to change their initial vote.

Quote Originally Posted by angelka71 View Post
    Exactly.

Also, if he knew the results of the preliminary vote and it isn't going his way (fingers crossed) he could also be using this as a campaign issue. Basically he would say, "We got health care through for all you poor people and the evil Republican judicial activists ruined it for you!" He would and is maybe beginning to fall back into doing what he does best...it's not leading, it's not uniting, it's community organizing.

I would bet dollars to a doughnut that Kagan leaked the initial vote to Obama. I just can't think of any other reason Obama would have come out and said what he did. So, this all makes me feel SO hopeful that it will be overturned!

And while it's true that the justices CAN change their votes, it is my understanding that they rarely do...it would be unusual for them to change their initial vote.
    Did Kagan not recuse herself?

Its stuff like that that makes me laugh at the Democrats for their hubris, if only it were a laughable situation.

Some day, the Republicans will start dealing with them like they deal with the American people, arrogant and in your face, not apologizing for any of their behavior and actions. Its why I don't think those two parties will ever accomplish much anymore, they'd be better off allowing those old west gunfights they use to have, at least someone would win cuz we're all losing.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.