Thread: No longer the Judge

Default No longer the Judge

"Believers, because of their state as royal sons, kings and priests in Christ no longer must deal with God the Father as the Person of Judge."

================================================== ================================================== =========

Let's discuss the ideas in the above quote!

Who said it?

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

someone I know of.

markshaker,

I'm not sure exactly where you are going with this, but I'll bite!

John 5:27 And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

John 9:39 Jesus said, "For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind."

Acts 10:42 He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead.

Acts 17:31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
    John 5:17-23 The Divine power of the miracle proved Jesus to be the Son of God, and he declared that he worked with, and like unto his Father, as he saw good. These ancient enemies of Christ understood him, and became more violent, charging him not only with sabbath-breaking, but blasphemy, in calling God his own Father, and making himself equal with God. But all things now, and at the final judgment, are committed to the Son, purposely that all men might honour the Son, as they honour the Father; and every one who does not thus honour the Son, whatever he may think or pretend, does not honour the Father who sent him.

Your turn

meshee
    Last edited by meshee; April 7th, 2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: fixed emoticon
    "Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." Romans 5:1-2 NKJV

The word for "sun" in HEBREW is שמש/she-MESH!

^ Meshee, the other day I was also planning (but got too busy) to post John 5:22-23, and Acts 17:31NASB. That makes two of us...

But I was going to add Romans 8:1NASB, also. "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus."

This is small, but the Father isn't going to judge anyone. Jesus is the judge.

When did God the father hand over judgement to Jesus anyone know? Was it after he had ascended back to Heaven?
    Matthew 11:28
    Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

"Formerly giest075".

Quote Originally Posted by giest075 View Post
    When did God the father hand over judgement to Jesus anyone know? Was it after he had ascended back to Heaven?
    My impression was that Jesus judged at Bema and the Father at the white throne. Am I wrong?
    John 1
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

If I understand this correctly I would say that if you are a Christian you are not judged and if you are not a Christian He said the word that I speak shall judge you in the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by markshaker View Post
    "Believers, because of their state as royal sons, kings and priests in Christ no longer must deal with God the Father as the Person of Judge."

================================================== ================================================== =========

Joh 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

John 12:47
    And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.

John 8:16
    And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me.

John 5:30
    I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

John 12:48
    He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.

Jesus will judge ALL mankind. But will it be as a contestant Judge (rewards in heaven),

Or a criminal Judge for faithlessness in the Word; the person of Jesus Christ?
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    Who said it?
    someone I know of.
    Mark, or should I say morovich? We don't allow more than one account per person here at RR and we also don't allow copying from threads on other boards. Please refer to our board rules here - http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?2-Bo...-Posting-on-RR if you have any questions.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

[19] Only one account per person allowed and also no sharing your account with others. This is grounds for dismissal. This includes sharing accounts and IP with son, daughter, husband, wife, uncle, room mate, dog, etc.. and especially the evil twin that causes all the trolling mischief.

and...

[14] No posts or links from other message boards, forums, or political and religious blogs (including tweets, facebook, myspace, Youtube, etc.) on this site or posting messages here on other message boards, forums, or political and religious blogs....

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=2
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything