Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need icebreaker ideas for giving tracts to neighbors

I'd invite him to share dinner with myself and my family, get to know him a bit, let him get to know us a bit and witness to him at a later date in a more personal manner...but I agree that we all have our own personal styles.
    Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. ~ Matthew 6:19-21 ~

Interestingly, Royal, the logical concern you mentioned in your last paragraph that one would think people would have for their existence reminds me of/is addressed in Chick Tract's "The Fool":

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0020/0020_01.asp

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Royal, I ask God to put His love for the unreached into my heart. I also ask Him to guide and direct me in everything.

It's interesting how that works. I get the occasional donor for the Bible handouts. I also spend my own money on Bibles. Recently, I spent half my grocery money on some evangelism New Testaments. About 50.

They were on sale. Half off. I HAD to get them.

Today, I met a guy who does outreach to gang members, and people in the county jail. I knew God wanted me to give the guy the ENTIRE stash of Bibles, so that's what I did. It was clear to both my eyes and my heart, that this man could go places I would never be welcome. It was very loud - God wanted me to do this, and I want to be obedient.

So, now I'm praying for my 40+ "recipients", even though I will never meet them. Oh, and a lot of Scripture booklets. And some tracts.

He went away, very well, equipped.

You could always mail him something before the rapture, I think. Just put in a little note, "I'm a Christian, and God has done wonderful things for me. I would like to share Him with you. I have some problems with anxiety, or I'd have given you this myself."

I might get him "Help From Above" from World Missionary Press. They are free. You can ask for one, or a couple hundred, and they'll get them to you!

http://www.wmpress.org/bksavail.shtml You can also read the booklets online.

I like to get a dozen or so Chinese booklets every time I place an order. When my husband and I order Chinese food, we give the workers booklets in their own language, in a bag with some candy. They love it.

You can even do "ministry" to people of another language! I LOVE that.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here