Thread: Tyler Perry?

Question Tyler Perry?

What about Tyler Perry leads people to believe he is a Christian? His movies and television shows are filled with drug content, crude humor and sexuality. Just because someone claims something with their mouth doesn't make it true. Wake up!

You got me, I don't understand it either. But, just because you stand in a garage and call yourself a car doesn't make it true. Of course, I personally have to wonder about anyone who voted for bama and saying they're a Christian. I'm sure there are some who were misguided, but, I'm just saying I don't see any good fruit in Mr. Perry's movies and TV shows and I personally don't watch them because of it.

I actually watch Meet the Browns and the show is not really that bad. I love it actually because it's funny. Now his movies are a whole different story. They play on the stereotypes of black people being loud and ignorant and ghetto and basically just foolishness abounds. Good Deeds looks different though. It doesnt seem like it'll be a movie filled with foolishness.
    Matthew 11:28
    Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

"Formerly giest075".

Quote Originally Posted by acrotinger View Post
    What about Tyler Perry leads people to believe he is a Christian? His movies and television shows are filled with drug content, crude humor and sexuality. Just because someone claims something with their mouth doesn't make it true. Wake up!
    Fraud IMO...Anybody claiming Christianity, yet affiliates themselves with the lying Anti-Christian hypocrite in the White House (he did a fund raiser with him not too long ago) is enough proof for me to call him a CINO.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerSailing81 View Post
    You got me, I don't understand it either. But, just because you stand in a garage and call yourself a car doesn't make it true. Of course, I personally have to wonder about anyone who voted for bama and saying they're a Christian. I'm sure there are some who were misguided, but, I'm just saying I don't see any good fruit in Mr. Perry's movies and TV shows and I personally don't watch them because of it.
    I voted for Obama. Does this mean that I'm not a Christian? I thought our relationship with Christ is what makes us Christians. Please be careful with this assumption.

Anyhoo, I don't have a problem with Tyler Perry's shows and movies per se. I say that because sometimes it's a little stereotypical and I'm not a fan of stereotypical or controversial type shows or movies and as much as I love Madea, sometimes it is a little over the top. That being said, I love watching Meet the Browns. It's funny.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by makeupgirl View Post
    I voted for Obama....
    A mistake we hope you won't make again.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post
    A mistake we hope you won't make again.
    To be honest, I have no idea if I'm voting again this year. I've leaving this directly in the Lord's hands this time. If he leads me to vote, then I'll do it of course. But I'm definitely listening to him this time, instead of being pressured.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by makeupgirl View Post
    To be honest, I have no idea if I'm voting again this year. I've leaving this directly in the Lord's hands this time. If {H}e leads me to vote, then I'll do it of course. But I'm definitely listening to {H}im this time, instead of being pressured.
    Don't sit on your hands. Vote. Vote to correct the previous mistake.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post
    Don't sit on your hands. Vote. Vote to correct the previous mistake.
    I'll continue to be in prayer about it, especially since it's almost time to vote again. Wow these 4 years went by quickly.

I voted for Obama as well...though it was before I was saved and had no clue of what was up or down. I won't be repeating that mistake!

As for Tyler Perry...I would never guess him to be a christian or anything close by his movies/plays. He touts God's name and all the like in them but that doesn't mean anything to me as I see people on facebook talk about God in one post and how drunk they got etc. in another...