Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hugo Chavez weeps and calls on God to spare his life

Default Hugo Chavez weeps and calls on God to spare his life

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-his-life.html

"Give me your crown, Jesus. Give me your cross, your thorns so that I may bleed. But give me life, because I have more to do for this country and these people. Do not take me yet," Chavez added, standing below an image of Jesus with the Crucifix.
    Anti-Semitism in Venezuela in Wake of the Gaza Flotilla RULE Government Statements on the Gaza Flotilla
    http://www.adl.org/main_Anti_Semitis...ons=sHeading_2

President Hugo Chavez's anti-Israel propaganda apparatus was quick to react to the Gaza Flotilla incident. The President, the National Assembly, Foreign and Interior Ministers, and members of the governing political party rushed to judgment, issuing extreme condemnations and proclamations calling for Israel to be tried for its crimes
    Living in the land of the reprobate minds...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation. I can't thank you enough.

I Pray that this Cancer is the tool God uses to bring him to his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

-Ted

I saw the article this morning and prayed that God would bring him to true repentance

"...but thou, O Lord, art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head."
    Psalm 3:3

Quote Originally Posted by HikerLady View Post
    I saw the article this morning and prayed that God would bring him to true repentance
    in agreement with you for Mr. Chavez to come to true repentance and belief in THE Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by IbelieveinJesus View Post
    I Pray that this Cancer is the tool God uses to bring him to his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

-Ted

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
    I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by IbelieveinJesus View Post

-Ted
    I dont want to derail this thread but, what? Does God "use cancer" to bring Himself glory?

Quote Originally Posted by jonshaff View Post
    I dont want to derail this thread but, what? Does God "use cancer" to bring Himself glory?
    He can if He so chooses.
    "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!" -- Isaiah 49:15 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPrincess View Post
    He can if He so chooses.
    Let me rephrase:

Does God "give" cancer, or is it sin that causes corruption (Adams sin)?

God allows Adam's sin to take its course, but He doesn't allow it to derail His plans. He uses it.

However, the Bible says He does more than "allow" it. Because He is sovereign, He may also "bring" it.

Deu 32:39 'See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me; It is I who put to death and give life. I have wounded and it is I who heal, And there is no one who can deliver from My hand.

Psa 66:10 For You have tried us, O God; You have refined us as silver is refined.
    Psa 66:11 You brought us into the net; You laid an oppressive burden upon our loins.
    Psa 66:12 You made men ride over our heads; We went through fire and through water, Yet You brought us out into a place of abundance.

Psa 119:75 I know, O LORD, that Your judgments are righteous, And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.

Isa 45:7 The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.

Joh 9:1 As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth.
    Joh 9:2 And His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?"
    Joh 9:3 Jesus answered, "It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan51 View Post
    God allows Adam's sin to take its course, but He doesn't allow it to derail His plans. He uses it.

However, the Bible says He does more than "allow" it. Because He is sovereign, He may also "bring" it.

Deu 32:39 'See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me; It is I who put to death and give life. I have wounded and it is I who heal, And there is no one who can deliver from My hand.

Psa 66:10 For You have tried us, O God; You have refined us as silver is refined.
    Psa 66:11 You brought us into the net; You laid an oppressive burden upon our loins.
    Psa 66:12 You made men ride over our heads; We went through fire and through water, Yet You brought us out into a place of abundance.

Psa 119:75 I know, O LORD, that Your judgments are righteous, And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.

Isa 45:7 The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.

Joh 9:1 As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth.
    Joh 9:2 And His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?"
    Joh 9:3 Jesus answered, "It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him.
    Thanks for the scriptures...very thought provoking...does he do the same to BELIEVERS

David speaks as a believer.

David speaks as a believer.
    So what disease did David have?

Disease may be considered a burden/affliction, but not every burden/affliction is disease, so David may not be speaking of disease. I think we see the principle that afflictions (including disease) may not only be used by God, but may even by brought to us by God for His purposes, while at the same time being the result of "natural" causes.

Disease may be considered a burden/affliction, but not every burden/affliction is disease, so David may not be speaking of disease. I think we see the principle that afflictions (including disease) may not only be used by God, but may even by brought to us by God for His purposes, while at the same time being the result of "natural" causes.
    I'll have to pray and study about this; as a son of God, I'm not sure why he would plague me. I've not came across one single person who was God fearing in the Bible whom God GAVE him a disease, not one. Even Paul's thorn in the flesh was a possibly a physical hindrance, if not a figurative hindrance, but most likely not a disease.

I'll have to pray and study about this; as a son of God, I'm not sure why he would plague me. I've not came across one single person who was God fearing in the Bible whom God GAVE him a disease, not one. Even Paul's thorn in the flesh was a possibly a physical hindrance, if not a figurative hindrance, but most likely not a disease.
    But wasn't God responsible for Job's afflictions, even though they were brought by Satan? Satan was only acting under God's sovereign control, and God appeared to instigate the whole process. Maybe that's how it happens for us too. I think plague has a different connotation than affliction. Plague sounds like punishment or judgment. Jesus told us that tribulations were part of the Christian life, John 16:33.

But wasn't God responsible for Job's afflictions, even though they were brought by Satan? Satan was only acting under God's sovereign control, and God appeared to instigate the whole process. Maybe that's how it happens for us too. I think plague has a different connotation than affliction. Plague sounds like punishment or judgment. Jesus told us that tribulations were part of the Christian life, John 16:33.
    Was Job sick? HUGE difference from being tried by circumstances then by sickness. Please don't have me misunderstood either, we are suppose to receive strength from the Lord in sickness, and possibly healing...I just don't see scripture where God could plague a Believer with Cancer to refine them.

Job 2:7 Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head.

Job 2:7 Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head.
    I suppose a boil/s is in the same category as sickness/cancer? Does a boil cause death? Did it cause Job's death?

I suppose a boil/s is in the same category as sickness/cancer? Does a boil cause death? Did it cause Job's death?
    Wait, Satan went out from the presence of the Lord THEN he gave Job boils, this is not in the same context of our discussion

Wow, as I meditate on this further, I realize that this "affliction" is done out of the presence of the Lord, and done soley by Satan. Makes you think...