Thread: Never forget

Default Never forget

I'll start by admitting up front that I'm very emotional today as I sit here at my desk. It's hitting me pretty hard today, and that hasn't happened with me before. It's overwhelming to know how wicked and fallen you are, yet realize that the One Who Created You died for you.

My mind has been focused on what was going on 2,000 years ago today...

On this day, the Son allow himself to be beaten, flogged, tortured, spit on, mocked, whipped, and lead through the streets of Jerusalem by Roman Soldiers to be crucified like a common criminal.

Today, the Son cried out "ELI ELI LAMA SABACHTHANI!", for it pleased the Father to crush His Son for our iniquities.

And today, the Son died on a tree, blameless, and was buried.

The Perfect Lamb, the Messiah, had shed His Precious Blood.

God loved us so much that He came as the lowest among us and freely -- FREELY -- gave up His Life so that we may be reconciled to Him. It really happened. It's not a nice story, a moral teaching, or a fairy tale. It is history. Our Lord and Savior sacrificed Himself to save us. It is an act of love and grace that we can never fully understand or appreciate on this side of the looking glass.

I have tears in my eyes writing this. I'm overcome, there's no other word to describe it. To think of how easily I live, in comfort, and to then think about what was going on 2,000 years ago to the Blameless One, it breaks my heart. I don't do things like this - making these kinds of posts on a message board -- but today I feel compelled to do so.

As believers and followers of Christ Jesus, we should never lose sight of what was done so that we may be saved. The price was incalculably high. The beatings, floggings, and other awful things done to the earthy body of Christ didn't save us; they only expose the fallen, rotten, hopelessly lost nature of mankind. But we are saved and now spotless and righteous in God's Almighty Sight, covered by the shed blood of our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus!

I pray that each of you will have a blessed holiday, and please, I urge you to spend some time with Our God today.

God bless.
    If you believe you're a good person:
    As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
    - Romans 3:10

If you believe all paths lead to Heaven:
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
    - John 14:6

If you pray to Mary, Saints, Idols or Images:
    For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
    - 1 Timothy 2:5

Beautiful post, Watching, thank you.

May the precious Lamb that was slain receive the fruit of His suffering...Amen!

\ 0 /
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Well said! I too get emotional at Easter. To think that Jesus loves us so much that he suffered and died on the cross for ours sins! Thank you Jesus.
    Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. (John 4:14)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)