Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Love to You All By Jim Fletcher *merged*

Default Love to You All By Jim Fletcher *merged*

This is an awesome article. I think we all need to print it out and hang it on our fridge!

http://www.raptureready.com/soap/fletcher2.html

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. (John 10:27,28)

It is three days since the Mid-America Prophecy Conference in Tulsa, and I am alone this evening and thinking about Charles Spurgeon, taking comfort in the fact that he battled depression from time to time.

I really think he hated this world.

And I mean that in a good way.

My wife is working at the hospital tonight, and our kids are now all out on their own.

I am feeling blue this evening.

The older I get, the more I realize that we shouldn’t hold things in, since as humans, we are all shivering in the cold void, as it were. How in the world do people survive day-to-day without the God of the Bible as the core of their existence?

I really don’t know.

My life has been and is blessed, to the point that I am embarrassed. God is very good to me.

Yet there is a creeping darkness in this world that causes me to count the days. People like us are nut-jobs in the culture, marginalized not only by cruel media types, but mostly by those in the professing church. Some are working overtime to perfect the Church so it can be handed off to Jesus like a dive-play from the one-yard line on the last play of the Super Bowl.

One invites ridicule and derision by saying that the American Church is a bloated sturgeon, very dead and rotting on the sands of time. I am astonished with each passing week at the heresy and apostasy that passes for orthodoxy. Mega-leaders—elevated to pope-like status—using social media to cruelly and viciously mock discernment ministries. And they get away with it.

Why?

Because there is only a remnant left now. Millions and millions follow the absurd and unscriptural teachings of men who have crept into the Church. Itching ears. Forms of godliness.

Denying the power.

Then there is just the rank evil. I’m so sick to death of hearing about murders and rapes and abuse of all kinds. Just bone-weary. The grotesque evil practiced in the government, from the very top down. Unhinged decadence on TV and film.

Lawlessness.

Grotesque, slouching, crouching, monstrous, chilling evil.

And people watch reality shows.

Hey, this whole thing is a reality show.

A dear, long-time friend now thinks I’m not only a nut for my beliefs, but views me—I think—as a jabbering, whispering shadow-person, furtively glancing this way and that.

Clear truth is so foreign to our culture that we might as well speak a language we just made up.

In Matthew 24:13, Jesus said: “But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.”

We are going to glory, and I believe it is sooner rather than later. We simply must endure. Thank goodness Jesus left us His Word and the Holy Spirit for comfort.

I once heard John Shelby Spong, in person, shamelessly mock the idea of a literal Second Coming.

Last summer, I stood with my wonderful, soon-to-be 20-year-old son, on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. We were standing just behind the famed Golden Gate, looking at the Mount of Olives, where we are promised that Jesus Christ, the Messiah, will one day return to rescue a disintegrating world.

I put my hand on my son’s shoulder—he is tall and strong and handsome—and prayed. I prayed for him, for our family and friends, and for the strength to endure what is coming. We looked again at the Mount of Olives and I pointed and said, “He is going to physically return there.” A Palestinian security guard looked at us menacingly and I felt chagrin for this sick world.

In Acts 1:10-11, we read:

And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

I cannot comprehend—I cannot wrap my mind around—the blasphemy of John Spong.

The promise of Christ’s return, to a real place in real time, is sure.

When Jonathan and I stood there for those few moments, I longed to see Him return right there and then.

I am a deranged person for that, in today’s world.

We left the Mount, finished our trip, returned home to our lives, and I here I sit. I am waiting.

Constantly now, I hear fellow believers almost groan for God to take them home. I do not think our minds were made to absorb the horrors we see now.

I do not mean to be depressing tonight, though I am depressed. The sun will shine tomorrow.

Many readers of “Israel Watch” tell me A) we will meet one day in heaven, or B) they are so tired and so want to go home. Their jobs are a millstone around their necks; family squabbles are blowing-up relationships; bizarre changes in previously routine lives are leaving people reeling; friends now look at us like we are wearing clown costumes.

It’s too much for some. When a 35-year-old verbalizes that he or she longs to go home—the same language that used to be reserved for an 85-year-old confined to a fading body—friends, the return of the Lord must be close.

Something very strange entered our world only a few years ago, I believe that. One could almost feel a cold wind suddenly sweep through. Everyone recognizes it.

My favorite preacher has been dead for 15 years. Isn’t that something? Last night on our RaptureReadyRadio show, “Tonight Matters,” I asked John McTernan if there are any nationally known Bible teachers/pastors that he “follows.”

He said no.

I want to weep.

They are all writing narcissistic bestselling clap-trap.

My favorite pastor came from Iowa with his new bride just before World War II and they established a country church on a rocky hillside and there they ministered for 50 years. He simply preached the Word from behind a simple pulpit to a few families. His wife played the organ and taught VBS and Sunday school. They ate food from their garden and observed the Sabbath and lived very simply. When my mother brought them their supper one night, she left and said, “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

He said, “I hope not.”

He passed first and his wife spent a few years in a retirement home and at 95, almost totally blind and deaf, she memorized the entire book of Revelation.

They never built a mega-church or even heard of the concept. They wore simple clothes and didn’t own a TV. He never wrote a book that got him on big-time Christian television.

America’s most famous pastors today would think him a loser.

What a sick, vile, repulsive world we live in.

I will stop for now. I appreciate the fellowship with readers who come to RaptureReady. We will see each other soon.

In the 2000 film, The Patriot, a reluctant colonial warrior played by Mel Gibson gave his two young sons quick instructions as they prepared to ambush a blood-thirsty British patrol in a forest. He knelt down and looked at one son who appeared to be wavering and said, “Steady.”

Then he was off.

In this moment that the Lord has privileged us to live in and see with our own eyes—the Day longed-for by many previous generations—we must remember to be steady. Our Champion, our Warrior is in charge, in control.

Love to you all.

Jim@prophecymatters.com
    I stand with Israel, now and forever.
    Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Oh, thank you Sandra...at this Resurrection Day it seems more urgent to me than usual maybe... Jim spoke the words of my heart and of the collective hearts at RR. We want to see Jesus, we want to live where He is, where there is no more wickedness...only our Lord, our brothers and sisters in Him, perfect love and joy and goodness and beauty and His pleasures evermore...

Maranatha!
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Oh, Sandra, thank you so much for posting this - I can't tell you how much it helped to read this today. As iSong said "he truly spoke the words of all of our hearts".
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28
    Quickening Spirit - Jesus Is Coming Soon ... are you ready?
    Christian Resources for the End Times

[QUOTE=Sandra17012;2233373]This is an awesome article. I think we all need to print it out and hang it on our fridge!

http://www.raptureready.com/soap/fletcher2.html

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for posting this article. It's perfect for this time. God bless.

Wow that was good and captures the sentiments of many of the watchers here! I live a blessed life and still I'm more than ready to go.
    Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

Cross

I am totally in TEARS! Thank you soooo much, Sandra for posting this! Together with what is currently on a rebroadcast of Sean Hannity's show on the radio (a 7-year-old home-schooled blessing from Texas--what a smart, bright, well-spoken kid who says he is a Christian), my heart is feeling so much love and yearning for our Lord's closeness! Jim's words are so much my own.
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28

Cindy

This article was uplifting. Thanks for posting it. I often think that this wicked weird world will go on and on even beyond my own death and that I just have to persevere regardless; just have to tough it out because its probably going to get worse. I would love to be wrong about that. God's ways are not our ways.

I agree with this statement from the article, "Something very strange entered our world only a few years ago, I believe that. One could almost feel a cold wind suddenly sweep through. Everyone recognizes it." I had been wondering if I was the only one who felt that - it's getting worse too.

Oh Wow!! That brought tears of joy! I too long to be with Jesus and all our precious brothers and sisters. What a blessed hope we have in Him. Very soon our sorrows will be turned to everlasting joy.

I am so glad you all loved the article!

So, I am a "nut-job" in my society? Nothing new, lol. I would not have it any other way.

I LOVE Jesus!!!!

I am so ready for Him to come and get us out of here!

I love reading Jim Fletcher's commentaries. I do not think I have ever disagreed with him on any topic of discussion. Prophecy Matters is my third favorite bookmark after RR and this forum. I think the darkness that he feels now is the same darkness for which I asked for prayer for just a few days ago here. Reading about the goings-on of this world made me feel so alone. I had to open up in my prayer request, as Jim did here, and speak about it or I felt I would be over come.

Jim, I pray for your continued strength in our Lord and His Promise and that you continue to discern the things of this world for they are. God be with you, keep you, and Bless you, brother.

I add my thanks to those already posted. What a wonderful article. I felt I could have been writing it as he seemed to voice my own sentiments. "Steady", that's what we must be. The apostle Paul wrote 'when we've put on the armor, then we stand firm'. That cold wind seems to be pressing down on us, but thanks be to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, we will be victorious! Maranatha!
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Jim your words are an encouragement and a blessing today. May you have a few days of resting in the assurances of our Lord. Keep up The good fight storming the gates of the enemy. We support you dear brother!
    Colossians 1 :16 "For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him" Colossians 1:17 "He is before all things and in Him all things hold together",

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    Oh, thank you Sandra...at this Resurrection Day it seems more urgent to me than usual maybe... Jim spoke the words of my heart and of the collective hearts at RR. We want to see Jesus, we want to live where He is, where there is no more wickedness...only our Lord, our brothers and sisters in Him, perfect love and joy and goodness and beauty and His pleasures evermore...

Maranatha!

That is the crux of the matter right there. I just want to be where everything is right and good.

Quote Originally Posted by NoProvision View Post
    I agree with this statement from the article, "Something very strange entered our world only a few years ago, I believe that. One could almost feel a cold wind suddenly sweep through. Everyone recognizes it." I had been wondering if I was the only one who felt that - it's getting worse too.
    I'm right there with you, I felt it, and still do. That line in the article struck a chord with me too.

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    Jim spoke the words of my heart and of the collective hearts at RR.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelpusher View Post
    That line in the article struck a chord with me too.

It is articles like this that can give me glimpses of who my real brothers and sisters are...
    Like the Holy Spirit testifying within each of us to each other
    I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
    For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
    no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Wow, he completely captured the things I've been thinking, feeling, and observing. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Soon and very soon, we are going to see the King!!

In the meantime (and I pray it's a short meantime) Father, the cry of my heart is to glorify You every day in every way.

I never miss anything Jim writes, I love it all.
    I think we all feel the way he does. I can't wait to see the Lord Jesus place Jim's crown upon his head.

I think it is so amazing that when the world is so dark, The Lord loves, and "feeds" His sheep through His Word, and through encouraging, beautiful words from our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

Though the world is experiencing disasters of all kinds, wars and rumors of wars, ect... We can rest in Him. We need have no fear because there is no darkness in Him at all. All of these things that are happening give us hope because we know our redemption is drawing nigh!!!!!

So, look up brothers and sisters, hold up your heads! Praise God and be full of joy

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpusher View Post
    I'm right there with you, I felt it, and still do. That line in the article struck a chord with me too.
    Wow, did that quote ever hit home for me, too!! i remember when that cold wind happened. It led me to find the Rapture Ready site.

It's getting darker because the sun is setting on this age. I have a painting of a sunset in my home and every time I look at it, I'm reminded of that fact. Cold and dark....that does describe the world as it feels to us, doesn't it? I can't wait to leave and I love fellowshipping here with others who feel the same way.
    Hey, Dad......ARE WE THERE YET?

AWESOME article! Thanks for posting! Very thoughtful and contemplative and as stated above, certainly captures many of my sentiments as it does many Christian folk here too.

While I was reading I copied the following to my clipboard to discover others noted it too:

Something very strange entered our world only a few years ago, I believe that. One could almost feel a cold wind suddenly sweep through. Everyone recognizes it.
    Interesting statement. Even a lot of non-Christian folk perceive it, only they don't know Jesus. We do and I hope the sense of the closeness of the hour we have arrived at is right. Lots of indicators suggest so.

Great commentary all-round.