Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 62

Thread: Love to You All By Jim Fletcher *merged*

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    Sorry for my ignorance but what is the cold wind that swept in a few years ago? BTW this was a wonderful article written by Jim and I enjoy reading the Israel Watch on here weakly. I can identify with that 35 year old he wrote about on there. I am just that age and tired of this world. The more I understand the end times I realize why I become more cynical about other people. At first I thought it was part of getting older but believe it is the times we are in. It is sad seeing my coworkers everyday who believe something is going to happen yet they have no use for hearing the good news about Jesus Christ. They need him more than ever now.
    Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
    Coming again coming again maybe morning maybe noon maybe evening and maybe soon!
    Coming again coming again O what a wonderful day it will be! Jesus is coming again!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    6,978

    Default

    Also from Jim's article:

    In Matthew 24:13, Jesus said: “But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.”

    We are going to glory, and I believe it is sooner rather than later. We simply must endure. Thank goodness Jesus left us His Word and the Holy Spirit for comfort.
    This article was so powerful. It was profound, touching, sad, uplifting, comforting and reassuring all at once. Somehow his article also seems to make the Rapture seem even closer than it did before. Hallelujah! I, too, am so, so, so looking forward to going home.

    It's likely many of us can really identify with that famous "Hang in there!" picture of the kitty hanging by its front paws on a branch. We may be down to our last two claws, but it would appear that we won't have to hang on much longer!

    I believe Jim would also approve of posting this very reassuring verse:

    2 Corinthians 4:17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

    "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Wow, what an accurate article about how I've been feeling. I don't post much here, but that article and comments by you all are why I come and read at this site every day; to keep me going knowing I'm not alone in my beliefs and struggles. A boost I needed this morning. Thank you.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,519

    Default

    A sad but refreshing reminder of the world we live in today and the hope we live for...

    I emailed Jim to thank him for that message.
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,519

    Default A response from Jim Fletcher...

    David,thank you so much for taking the time to write. I am greatly heartened to hearfrom people all over the country (and Canada, England, and Australia thismorning) who feel the way we do. Thank you for being faithful. Let's keep intouch.

    Jim


    OnApr 7, 2012, at 8:20 AM, David Henderson wrote:



    Thank you Jim…

    A very refreshing, timely view ofthe strife we face each day in today’s wretched world, and a reason for thehope that lies within us…

    A very Happy Easter to you and yourfamily!



    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet


  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Jim's article spoke to me as well. I feel the same way. Thanks Jim for sharing.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20

    Default

    awesome awesome awesome. as we draw closer and closer the enemy and his demon minions are combating us more and more. truly what an honor and privilege to be deemed worthy to be born during this time and then chosen to be vessels of righteousness. i do have to admit i struggle so much, lately with doubts and unbelief and it kills me but jesus is stronger. he grabs hold of the hearts of men[and woman! ].

    Jeremiah 31:33 - "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people."

    even with all the tension in this world and all the voices shouting for our attention and the doubts from the enemy and even from the deep dark recesses of my heart His word truly makes me want to weep and show adoration. for he truly is with us.

    Father forgive us of our shortcomings, purge us of all things that hinder our relationship with you. let every circumstance draw us closer to you. lord let your grace wash over us and let us be bold and courageous. help us be the light to all men, to everyone you put in our path. and lord please let us here your voice while tuning out the distractions of this day and age. thank you for your grace and your mercy and your love... thank you for your son. thank you for the call. in jesus name, amen.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kent Hollow
    Posts
    39,852

    Default

    Thank you Brother

    Happy Resurrection day

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I could have written that letter myself. How much longer Lord?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dleader View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance but what is the cold wind that swept in a few years ago? BTW this was a wonderful article written by Jim and I enjoy reading the Israel Watch on here weakly. I can identify with that 35 year old he wrote about on there. I am just that age and tired of this world. The more I understand the end times I realize why I become more cynical about other people. At first I thought it was part of getting older but believe it is the times we are in. It is sad seeing my coworkers everyday who believe something is going to happen yet they have no use for hearing the good news about Jesus Christ. They need him more than ever now.
    I can't speak for Jim, but I think the cold wind that swept in a few years ago was the election of Obama. It represented a sea change in america that this man could get elected. He attended a church that preached hate for years, is sympathetic to muslims and their hatred of Israel, and is a socialist. Look at any socialist country and see how they treat christians. Instead of being a uniter , the country is more divided than ever as he tries to force his big government socialism on the country. He is betraying our alliance with Israel daily and the many blessing our country has received from our love of Israel is being removed. I agree with Jim, I don't know how people with out faith can get up each morning and see what is happening. Jesus said that when we see all these things begin to happen, to look up, for our redemption draws near. When I find myself falling into depression, just like Jim I remember to look up, and realize that we are so lucky to be this generation. As it is said, it is darkest right before the dawn. The morning star will soon rise.

  11. #31

    Default

    I can't tell you how helpful this article was. Everything he said hit home. I'm the 35 year old, blessed beyond belief who longs to go home. Sometimes I feel like I've gone crazy. Thanks you so much!

  12. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoProvision View Post
    This article was uplifting. Thanks for posting it. I often think that this wicked weird world will go on and on even beyond my own death and that I just have to persevere regardless; just have to tough it out because its probably going to get worse. I would love to be wrong about that. God's ways are not our ways.

    I agree with this statement from the article, "Something very strange entered our world only a few years ago, I believe that. One could almost feel a cold wind suddenly sweep through. Everyone recognizes it." I had been wondering if I was the only one who felt that - it's getting worse too.

    Me too. I look around me at family and friends, some believers, some not. They don't seem to see what I see.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoProvision View Post
    This article was uplifting. Thanks for posting it. I often think that this wicked weird world will go on and on even beyond my own death and that I just have to persevere regardless; just have to tough it out because its probably going to get worse. I would love to be wrong about that. God's ways are not our ways.

    I agree with this statement from the article, "Something very strange entered our world only a few years ago, I believe that. One could almost feel a cold wind suddenly sweep through. Everyone recognizes it." I had been wondering if I was the only one who felt that - it's getting worse too.

    Like others, I also felt "Something very strange" enter our world. This threat is a blessing!

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,519

    Default

    I too feel something almost like an anxiety that is all to common with me these days. Something certainly crept into this world and seems to be antagonizing my spirit more often then ever. God is the author of all things, including our return trip home at the Rapture and I think it is closer than ever.
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet


  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    central IL
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    I'm not sure about a cold wind a few years ago, but I started feeling something when the Columbine shooting took place. That's when I first yearned to go Home. (I was in college). I'm now 35 and desperately want to be home. This world makes me sad.
    and to wait for his Son from heaven,
    whom he raised from the dead—Jesus,
    who rescues us from the coming wrath
    1 Thessalonians 1:10

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    The election of 08 makes sense as the cold wind that swept through. I was not in tune to prophecy or much Bible study at that time but shortly after. It is interesting to see my fellow 35 year olds yearning to go home.
    Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
    Coming again coming again maybe morning maybe noon maybe evening and maybe soon!
    Coming again coming again O what a wonderful day it will be! Jesus is coming again!

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    3rd World Atlanta
    Posts
    3,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Time4me2fly View Post
    I can't speak for Jim, but I think the cold wind that swept in a few years ago was the election of Obama. It represented a sea change in america that this man could get elected. He attended a church that preached hate for years, is sympathetic to muslims and their hatred of Israel, and is a socialist. Look at any socialist country and see how they treat christians. Instead of being a uniter , the country is more divided than ever as he tries to force his big government socialism on the country. He is betraying our alliance with Israel daily and the many blessing our country has received from our love of Israel is being removed. I agree with Jim, I don't know how people with out faith can get up each morning and see what is happening. Jesus said that when we see all these things begin to happen, to look up, for our redemption draws near. When I find myself falling into depression, just like Jim I remember to look up, and realize that we are so lucky to be this generation. As it is said, it is darkest right before the dawn. The morning star will soon rise.
    I think you & I are on the same wavelength. I also agree with your sentiment. Obama is perhaps the most vile creature to ever reside in the WH. Dark days are here indeed and it's only going to get worse. Like others have mentioned on this thread, some in the unbelieving world feel that cold wind Jim speaks of. I have spoken to several (unbelieving) folks about it since they bring it up, and they are terrified of what may happen with all of the unstability going on. The enemy is relentless now--just check the headlines of what is going on.
    I am also 35...and I LONG for our Lord to come more than ever now. Keep your chin up and your heads high!
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

    John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

    Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

  18. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing4 View Post
    I'm not sure about a cold wind a few years ago, but I started feeling something when the Columbine shooting took place. That's when I first yearned to go Home. (I was in college). I'm now 35 and desperately want to be home. This world makes me sad.

    It was the Fort Hood shootings for me. I have never been the same since.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    143

    Default

    I can so relate to this article. The cold wind? 9/11. But what really made me sad was the thought that I used to love to travel but now there's nowhere I want to go except to heaven. I dream about life in the Millennium when I get down. Beautiful earthly places just aren't the same anymore -- the Catskills are rundown with graffiti on the mountains, the Keys are getting crowded and the water filled with artificial reefs (junk!), gas is too expensive for a long drive, flying is a hassle, and going overseas just seems downright scary and just too far from "home." I get so frustrated with everyone thinking I'm crazy, with cleaning dust that just accumulates a day later, with Obama lovers, with reality shows, etc., etc., etc. Aaack! Thank God for the blessed hope!

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Here...but not really.
    Posts
    3,794

    Default

    I agree with all the comments made about Jim's article.
    Every Monday, I go straight to 'Nearing Midnight', and then to 'Israel Watch'.
    Every one of Jim's articles is the cry of my heart, and tears flow as I see this dear brother
    standing in the gap for Israel, unabashedly and unashamed.
    I am so ready to go home...my best friend died one week ago, and I was almost jealous that
    she was with Jesus, where I so want to be.
    Soon, Lord...soon

    I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken because He is right beside me. Ps. 16:8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •