Thread: The Treasury Freezes Pay for CEOs at Ally Financial, GM, AIG

Default The Treasury Freezes Pay for CEOs at Ally Financial, GM, AIG

The old saying, "being in bed with the devil" came to mind when I saw this heading. Big brother government at its best telling private companies, who unfortunately chose to take government bailout money, what they can and cannot do. This is what bama and the Democrats dream of happening with ALL U.S. companies and citizens - being able to control us, telling us what we and cannot do. IMO, if bama gets reelected, his dream of being in complete control may very well become a reality and the Republicans, Supreme Court, and certainly the Constitution are NOT going to stand in his way.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The chief executives of General Motors , AIG, and Ally Financial had their 2012 compensation packages frozen for a second year in a row by the Treasury Department after they got "exceptional" bailout help during the financial crisis.

The Treasury said on Friday that all three were making progress at repaying the taxpayer funds given to them to keep them from collapsing during the 2007-2009 financial crisis but their pay practices remain under scrutiny of a "special master" until they do pay it back.
    Here's the link for the rest of the story http://news.yahoo.com/treasury-freez...172309114.html

IMO, if bama gets reelected, his dream of being in complete control may very well become a reality and the Republicans, Supreme Court, and certainly the Constitution are NOT going to stand in his way.
    I predict, that if the election seems out of reach for this yo-yo as it nears, there will be some "crisis" (?) that necessitates martial law and suspension of said election.

I have about as much faith in the integrity of this "zero" as I do that among the artifacts brought up from the Titanic will be some document that I had a rich uncle that perished there and I'm his sole heir!!!!!

People were warning this was going to happen.

amerika...
    Tall Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by freedomnut View Post
    I predict, that if the election seems out of reach for this yo-yo as it nears, there will be some "crisis" (?) that necessitates martial law and suspension of said election.

I have about as much faith in the integrity of this "zero" as I do that among the artifacts brought up from the Titanic will be some document that I had a rich uncle that perished there and I'm his sole heir!!!!!
    I agree with you, freedomnut. I have had this same "feeling" for over 3 years now and this feeling is getting stronger each day! I remember our dear nation when it was once (or so I thought) of the people, by the people and for the people. My Dad fought 6 campaigns in the So. Pacific and thousands of young men and women have given their lives for our freedom! Please, Lord, come quickly! We are, indeed, becoming "Amerika"!
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28

Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by freedomnut View Post

I agree with you, Freedomnut. As I posted in another thread, he's not "going to go gently into that goodnight" where occupying the White House is concerned. His narcissistic, arrogant ego won't allow it. If he's threatening the Supreme Court, does anyone think he'll have a problem threatening American citizens, especially with armed backup and an order of martial law? Thomas Jefferson said that when the people fear the government there is tyranny, but when the government fears the people there is liberty. Unfortunately, the people now fear the government and Obama and the Democrats know it. Desperate people do desperate things and Obama would be desperate if he was truly in fear of losing the reelection. Look what he and the Democrats did to get him elected - all the voter fraud that went on by SEIU and ACORN, plus the Black Panthers barring people from voting and threatening them with violence. The Democrats have tasted the power and they're going to hold on by crook or by hook and I wouldn't put anything past them to hang on to it. All we have to do is look at how they bullied, threatened, bribed, and committed other assorted criminal, illegal, and unConstitutional acts to get the deathcare bill passed. Who knows what evil acts they'll commit to hang on to control of the White House and the Senate.

This freeze would not have been necessary if the 3 CEO's had only made the requested $500,000 donation to the reelection campaign like the other 22 unnamed CEO's did.

Regardless, whether O gets reelected or not.... he will not stay in power very long. Remember his time on earth is short, so he can't stay in power forever.

It doesn't even have to be martial law. Already, he's used threats to silence people in the media and in watchdog groups. The IRS is one threat he's used. Or he can just set his pet media attack dogs on someone. If enough news anchors and "journalists" call someone a racist and edit their words to make them appear so (NBC has done this 3 times already!), or anti-women, then that person's career can be severely damaged. Or they dig up some dirt.

If those don't work, we've already seen OWS and SEIU thugs protesting outside private people's homes. That is a very frightening thing to have happen to you.

The Feds telling private companies what to pay their CEOs, what products to make (autos, lightbulbs), where they can and cannot build factories (Boeing) or pipelines (Keystone), . . . folks, this is fascism: the State does not own the companies but it does control them.

The goal that we must all stick to is voting for Mitt or whoever runs against this totalitarian. We must stay the course or we are going to see this kind of "ruling" run throughout our system.

Primary mission: get the evil one out of office.
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

I fully support this. I disagree with 90% of everything I'm seeing happen under Obama but even a broken clock is right twice a day. If you want welfare, including corporate welfare, you should indeed have to demonstrate that you are making sacrifices. If these too-big-to-fail beggars get off the gov't teat and pay back their TARP money, they can go right back to paying insanely high salaries. Honestly, Reagan would agree with this.