Thread: State Dept. competition expands horizons of social networking

Default State Dept. competition expands horizons of social networking

Over the past two years, millions of words have been spilled in the popular press about the power of social media to organize citizens against repressive regimes. But what if those same tools could be employed by democratic governments mobilizing citizens to achieve positive ends?

(snip...)

The idea of publicizing a criminal suspect's likeness and offering a reward for his capture is centuries old, and it's the entire premise behind mainstream media productions like America's Most Wanted.

"But the incentives behind that are very plain. If you happen to spot the bad guy, you might get some money," said Miguel Cebrian, an MIT and UC San Diego researcher who co-led the winning team.
    Read more: http://www.federalnewsradio.com/239/...ial-networking

Very creepy. I can see this being used by the AC to track down Trib saints.

Default And thus shall the saying come to pass...

Matthew 10:34-36 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
    John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.Matthew 5:23-24 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.