Thread: Insert blank page - without a page number?

Default Insert blank page - without a page number?

I need to insert a blank page without a page number to get a Print On Demand book accepted for distribution elsewhere, and I'm a bit puzzled.

I'm using MS Word 2010. I found the "insert blank page" part under the Insert section, but I can't get it to not give me the page number, and eliminating the footer doesn't seem to help. It does give me only the header or footer in odd/even if I have it so odd and even are different, so I can, technically, have a blank page as needed, but it's reall not helping if I have page numbers only on even or odd pages (though I could do it like that if i had to, it's not impossible to read that way.)

So, how do I insert a blank apge without the page number/footer? It's probably something easy I'm missing but I figure someone here would know. Thanks.
    John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

Sounds kind of Zen to me. Like the sound of one hand clapping.

Found this:
    Insert an Odd Page section break (Insert | Break). Word will insert a
    totally blank even page as needed. You will not see this page in Print
    Layout view; you won't see it even in Print Preview unless you're displaying
    facing pages (two pages with "Different odd and even" or "Mirror margins"
    enabled), but it will be inserted when you print
    (see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm).
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Thanks; it does sound strange.

I also found another solution, but I'm not sure quite how; somehow I fiddled with page numbers to eliminate them - or rather just the footer - and then inserted a 1 in the footer and it just counted that as the first number.

Oh, well, at least betweent he two of us it'll happen. Thanks.

P.S.: Okay, I'll have to try your idea, whatever I did just made it like it was, page numbers on only half the pages.
    John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

Just to update, I managed to do it, thanks. I also discovered that by inserting a new section in page layout it does it, but must insert an odd page, so there's like one not seen and one seen if I have an odd number of pages, which is weird.